Julep: December 2014 spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The window is open! I picked out the default Bombshell box for now. In the add-on section, they've got some early Black Friday deals on the holiday collection items, which makes me regret purchasing the holiday stuff before when it was more expensive. Oh well...

I don't know why Julep feels the need to hide the skip or change the language on skipping every month.  I find it irritating.

I skipped.  I'm out.  Whatever you want to call it.

Considering just canceling. 

Does everyone have to pay an extra $5 for holiday soirée or just if you haven't switched to custom yet? Per usual, I only like the add on color so I'm skipping. Core classics is pretty good though, but I don't need another mighty pen thing.

I used up pretty much all but 100 points - the last of my points - get the ultimate upgrade plus the remaining shadows and silk top coat.

The Countdown Ultimate Upgrade Box contents:

1. Orbital Eyeshadow: Our multidimensional formula with triple the pigment for intense brightness, incredible stamina, and endless looks in Equinox, Moonbeam, Airglow, and Supernova
  2. Shader Brush: A versatile brush built for controlled application and flawless blending
  3. Chatoya (Boho Glam): Bright platinum glitter top coat
  4. Karissa (Boho Glam): Holly berry crème
  5. Soleil (Bombshell): Lustrous rose gold chrome
  6. Paula (Bombshell): Persian blue with gold microshimmer
  7. Ilga (Classic with a Twist): Rich Bordeaux crème
  8. Sienna (Classic with a Twist): Sophisticated shimmery gold (It's the return of our forever holiday favorite!)
  9. Aurora (It Girl): Melted platinum chrome
  10. Rochelle (It Girl): Boysenberry shimmer
  11. Sharna (It Girl): Bronze-dipped full-coverage microglitter
  12. Blank Canvas Mattifying Eye Primer: A reparative eye primer that creates a smooth, flawless base for long-lasting eye looks

Your Selected Add-ons:

• Orbital Eyeshadow - Zenith
  • Orbital Eyeshadow - Earthshine
  • Silk Effect Top Coat

I picked out two safe colors for me, and a chubby lip stick. I am pretty overwhelmed with polish right now, and I still have to get my Diamond Box. I just tried to do my nails and I failed at it 3 times before just using the Oxygen treatment and calling it a day. I couldn't tell if my hands were just shaking too much, or all the formulas of my polishes changed overnight to sticky, goopy messes.

Anyways, here's my box for December:

A winter protip reminder that's always good to remember with polish. Always wait 24 hours after you receive it before opening it. The cold can cause it to turn goopy and letting it warm up to room temperature will help prevent that. This is true with any polish received in the mail, not just Julep.

Having said that, it could be that the formula just sucks.

Mini Sienna rant: I love how they're "bringing back this favorite" considering it's been a repeat polish included in mystery boxes for at least a year.

Mini Sienna rant: I love how they're "bringing back this favorite" considering it's been a repeat polish included in mystery boxes for at least a year.
Yeah, not sure how they're "bringing back this favorite" if it was never gone in the first place...they promise a whole new collection every month, and this really isn't doing it.

I haven't taken a box in several months, so decided to go with:

dec maven.jpg

I chose Earthshine as the shadow color.

I noticed when I skipped that the Are You Sure screen had a mention of a Metamorphic box, but I didn't see it when I was going through everything. Did anyone else find it? The name makes it sound like a box of effect toppers, which could be interesting.

I am NOT HAPPY that Sienna is back haha    These colors are so boring to me.  I was opting for the box with the lipstick trio, but then I remembered that MAC is coming out with the new Nasty Gal lipsticks on December 4, and I need two out of three of them, so I will save my money for those.  Also, I hope there are some great Julep Black Friday Deals instead.  I just don't care for this months' box.  It's too bad, considering I only took boxes for January and July this year.  

I liked this collection okay. But, I skipped because the gift set with Joyce and Avni (which I wanted but didn't have) caught my eye instead and I'm trying to save money.

I'll probably pick up the 2 colors I wanted out of this later down the line. (Nell being one of them. The other being Paula)

I kind of want the modern beauty box with Sawyer as an add on, but I think that there is probably a cheaper way to get those items than choosing that box. I didn't see a way to just pick and choose what I wanted, but I only briefly glanced at the site.

Easy skip .. I don't want a single thing they're offering this month.

I'm wondering if they'll reintroduce more favorites as a regular thing now ....

What are the chances they'll put some of this month's feature items in the Black Friday sale? This is my first year with Julep so I'm curious as to how it works. I really want the new Orbital shadows, but I also want Aurora and Soleil ... I'm trying to figure out the most cost effective way getting everything I want lol

I went with It Girl and the satin finish top coat.

Can I just say.....Skips re-instated: IT'S ABOUT TIME!  (I signed up right before they changed the terms of service and was not grandmothered in. Grrr.)

Now that I have my $20 box and unlimited skips I am feeling a little better about Julep. But the skyrocketing price of add-ons and the over-inflated MSRPs that they assign to their products still irk me. $26 for last month's mascara- that's almost Lancome's price ($27.50). Then again Lancome polish is $15 and Julep's is $14. I guess that's the tier Julep sees themselves (itself??) in.

I've got my eye on that silk top coat and the Reindeer Games set for Black Friday, but I decided to skip after all. I like the swatches for Aurora, Paula, and Nell, but I can't customize. I'll just wait until I get a juicy coupon and buy them then! If this year's Christmas is anything like last year's, there WILL be an opportunity to get them.

I've got to admit, them offering the previews for Black Friday is a good way to get Mavens excited if there's something from the holiday collection they've had their eye on. Hook, line, and sinker for me!

For those trying to look for the skip feature on the app:
Just toggle back & forth with the Apply Jules button. I actually am using Jules in my order, but I just unapplied & reapplied them & the skip feature magically [re]appeared.

Note from Zadidoll: I removed the image because you had your personal address shown in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back