Julep: December 2014 spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my Black Friday order in the mail.

I picked Surprise #2, and it turned out to be Valerie and....Sienna.  <_<

Wow...they must have a tractor trailer full of Sienna 
And Valerie. I have received it 4 times in the past 4 months.

I'm missing one of my Black Friday mystery polishes. I paid $6.99 for the bundle and only got 1 bottle, even though they promised a value of $28. I emailed customer service, but chances are I just paid $7 for a color I've tried to rid myself of time and time again.

Ordered the Birthstone Collection from the Secret Store.  Got my order today and I received the Gem Collection.  I've emailed them but considering the Birthstone collection is now showing out of stock, I'm not super optimistic that I'm going to get it.

So frustrating that not only did I pay more for it than most of you did because I ordered from the secret store instead of waiting and using the code to get it for $25, now it is unlikely I'll get it at all because  of shipping errors.

I like the gem collection, it's pretty, but it isn't what I wanted.  I don't know why I'm even bothering with Julep anymore.  The only box I haven't had issues with in the past 6 months is the one I forgot to skip.

Email them any ways. It's possible they'll make more since it's in such demand or they could refund your money and let you keep the set or make it up some other way. You won't know until you email them.

Oh man, the compact for the Orbital eyeshadow is almost comically oversized. It didn't look that large in the promo pictures, but in person it does. The pan of shadow is really quite small. But it's nice! I got Equinox and the pigmentation is good and it feels really silky.

I received my December box and black Friday order on Monday! Julep's Canadian shipping has really improved. 

The silk finish topcoat is amazing, definitely worth every penny. I got the bombshell box with paula and soleil which are gorgeous. Paula's packed with gold shimmer and is a really flattering medium blue.

I'm probably alone on this, but I am not at all a fan of the orbital shadow I received. Maybe I picked the wrong colour? I have moonbeam and it is a super glittery silvery lilac. Super glittery. And lots of fallout but too be fair I applied it with a dry brush.

I got my Gem Collection box today. These will make great stocking stuffers for the girls (and me)!

I want to love these Orbital eyeshadows but the fallout is crazy.  I did also apply dry.  I will try it wet.  

I ordered Zenith, the color is gorgeous, really gorgeous, shimmer/glitter and all, but it was all over me in a few hours.  I use UD primer normally, so I will probably try my other primer and see if it's any less.   I almost ordered all of them, so glad I waited.  But if they offered them in a palette I would buy it.  The pigmentation is great and they blend easily.  

Did anybody experience major chipping with Soleil? I literally had chips on all but my ring & pinky fingers. I am so disappointed, I've never had that happen with any of my other Julep chromes.

Did anybody experience major chipping with Soleil? I literally had chips on all but my ring & pinky fingers. I am so disappointed, I've never had that happen with any of my other Julep chromes.
Same here! I'm wearing it now and it's chipped, gorgeous but chippy  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can normally go btn 5-7 days chip free, so on day 2 it's looking pretty bad.  

I did email about it though, mostly because my bottle of Nell was cracked but we'll see if they address this issue also.   

I thought it was just me. I'm testing out Aurora right now to see if it does the same.
I'm wearing Aurora right now & I have no chipping at all on it.

I change my polish every 2 days, so I don't think I'm asking too much of a polish's weartime when I expect minimal shrinkage & 0 chips. I got BAD chips in Soleil literally after having it on for bout 12 hrs. That just sucks.

Latest posts

Back