Julep: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Disagree still.

If you're thinking of this dress she wore for Enchanted (which IA is an "Amy" colour), Julep Amy is a shade too dark for that. I don't mind the blue, but I think in general it's a shade too dark to be an "Amy". Also, the blue should be a shade more teal then. Plus, if their inspiration was this dress, I would've loved to see a subtle pink shimmer a la Sinful Colors Cinderella or Cult Nails princess.

So all the colours for this month are in the addons too. I think they just wanted to give a choice to old polishes for $5 as addons. Love it.
YES! I'm happy now :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmm.  The more I think about it, the more I just want Rebel, and that's it.  This might have a *lot* to do with the fact that I just saw my Square Hue charge come through, so my mind is all caught up thinking about those mystery colors.  I'm currently leaning toward skipping and then ordering it as a stand-alone once it gets added to the general catalog.  Or even just skipping it entirely and going with my Zoya Trixie/Milani 3D Holographic top coat when I want a silver+holo punch.  I'm also tempted by Ginger, but I have a feeling it's close enough to butter LONDON All Hail The Queen for me to be able to skip Ginger since I have AHtQ, and beige/sand/neutral is not a color family I'm particularly wild about.

(And I find myself thinking of the Amy inspiration for the shade as a combination of Adams, Pond, and Madigan:  Redheads/strawberry blonds who look good in that general color group, not any specific Amy tied to a particular shade.)

I picked boho glam for now, I haven't decided about add-ons yet. I don't need any of the colors and the only one I wanted (Jane) is in a set with other colors I'm meh about. We'll see though, I usually change my mind 38457 times ;-)

I can't believe the deal to upgrade to the full collection though! Definitely going to take advantage of that in future months if I love the whole set! 

I thought they would have the add ons as singles, not in groups, but it actually works better for me, that way I don't buy any XD lol except for the ones from this month XD

I am over the moon for Square Hue, but Julep got me this month.  I love all of the colors except Julianne and Sally, which are still okay.  I'm upgrading to the whole collection, now I'll have two white lacquer boxes full of Julep polishes that I have to hide from my husband
eusa_naughty.gif

I am getting classic with a twist. I wish I could upgrade to the whole collection but my husband would kill me. We just don't have the space.

Went for bombshell and added the set with Jane in it. I wish I could add Jane by itself because I really want that color but oh well. I'm excited to see that and ginger in person

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(And I find myself thinking of the Amy inspiration for the shade as a combination of Adams, Pond, and Madigan:  Redheads/strawberry blonds who look good in that general color group, not any specific Amy tied to a particular shade.)
 Amy Pond as in Doctor Who?? I think you might be my new friend!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have two accounts and (I usually almost always skip one) this time I'm getting bombshell on one account and it girl on the other. It really makes sense to have two accounts when they have months like this that include a bonus (like the freedom topcoat) which would normally go for $9.99 as an add on and even more regular priced. Not totally in love with the green color in bombshell but I need that sand colored holo

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought the oxygen base coat would be $4.99, but it's $9.99 D: bummer 
That's why I ended up going for the whole set...by the time I added that and the two other colors it was practically the price of the whole big set.

But I'm rethinking it.

Part of me might just skip and then use my $50 coupon I bought to get the colors I like. I dunno.

I just feel guilty spending $55 on nail polish.

How do I skip a month???? I went to the tab My Maven Subscription and it takes me to a blank page. That happened last month and I missed the window. Luckily I loved the colors that shipped.

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's why I ended up going for the whole set...by the time I added that and the two other colors it was practically the price of the whole big set.

But I'm rethinking it.

Part of me might just skip and then use my $50 coupon I bought to get the colors I like. I dunno.

I just feel guilty spending $55 on nail polish.
haha ya I did that for december...how much was that $50 coupon?XD

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Amy Pond as in Doctor Who?? I think you might be my new friend!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Me too, me too! Now I kinda want to go and paint my nails with either the Amy Pond purple or the Amy Pond red polishes I have. But I'm also torn with blue and silver sparklies because I had that inspiration after the frosty snow this morning. Ugh, decisions!

I'm a bit bummed that the add-on price for the base coat is $9.99, and I'm not sure why I was looking forward to it when my nails really don't need any strengthening (they grow long on their own just fine), I think I got caught up in the "new, shiny, must have" aspect of things. But... that means I stick with my usual It-Girl and get Ginger as an add-on since I'm curious about that color. Or.. just hang onto my points, more decisions! As much as I'm tempted by the full collection, I'll be good since I'm still waiting on my Zoya order.  I seriously need to not buy any polish for a while, but it's soooo hard not to.

I ended up with CwaT (hehe that seems dirty somehow) and added Ginger, because I'm so damn curious about how it looks in real life.  Seems like it could be fun yet also appropriate for a corporate office setting (I love Marion but would only be able to use it on my toes during the workweek - not worth it).

Latest posts

Back