Julep: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the pink base coat come in every box this month except for he one with 3 polishes?? Or do I have to add it on?

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's why I ended up going for the whole set...by the time I added that and the two other colors it was practically the price of the whole big set.

But I'm rethinking it.

Part of me might just skip and then use my $50 coupon I bought to get the colors I like. I dunno.

I just feel guilty spending $55 on nail polish.
I went for the whole set, but after my Sephora trip today, I ended up changing to skip. There's only so much one can do in a month, lol.

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the pink base coat come in every box this month except for he one with 3 polishes?? Or do I have to add it on?
it comes with all, but IG(the one w 3 polishes)

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Amy Pond as in Doctor Who?? I think you might be my new friend!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too, me too! Now I kinda want to go and paint my nails with either the Amy Pond purple or the Amy Pond red polishes I have. But I'm also torn with blue and silver sparklies because I had that inspiration after the frosty snow this morning. Ugh, decisions!
Of *course* it's that Amy Pond!  Although given her nail polish collection is about as varying as mine (and SO JEALOUS that she has the TARDIS to house her collection), I have a hard time looking at one color and thinking it's an Amy Pond color except for certain shades of muddy purple (Zoya Petra/essie smokin' hot!) and Silly Putty-ish (essie lady like) colors.  No clue why.

[As a side note, I know the guy who did thisthis and this (plus a whole lot more that isn't even on that site), and I always want to demand that he do reprints of the sold out stuff JUST FOR ME and/or put them out as t-shirts, but then I get distracted by ordering food because I only seem to see him when we do Pub Quiz (he's the housemate of two of my PQ teammates, and when we need to beef up our team's knowledge base in a certain specific pop culture area like _Star Trek_ or _Mad Men_, he's dragged along for his sector of geeky knowledge), and it's always dinner time when I get there, and then we get all distracted, like, doing what we went there for once our food orders get placed.  Silly nerds.]

(And as a further side note, I still haven't been able to watch "The Angels Take Manhattan" or the Christmas special because I KNOW that the former is the end of certain characters, and THIS DOES NOT WORK FOR ME!)

Ahem.  Julep.  Right.  I'm glad to see that they have a few holographic colors, but they're just not really doing it for me.  I'll just wait until it's available as a stand-alone color, although maybe not since I have, um, more than a few silvers already.  Also, the search function on the site:  DOES NOT WORK.  Enter anything in the search box, and it pulls up *everything in the catalog*.  *So* annoying when I just want to get to one specific color.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Of *course* it's that Amy Pond!  Although given her nail polish collection is about as varying as mine (and SO JEALOUS that she has the TARDIS to house her collection), I have a hard time looking at one color and thinking it's an Amy Pond color except for certain shades of muddy purple (Zoya Petra/essie smokin' hot!) and Silly Putty-ish (essie lady like) colors.  No clue why.

[As a side note, I know the guy who did thisthis and this (plus a whole lot more that isn't even on that site), and I always want to demand that he do reprints of the sold out stuff JUST FOR ME and/or put them out as t-shirts, but then I get distracted by ordering food because I only seem to see him when we do Pub Quiz (he's the housemate of two of my PQ teammates, and when we need to beef up our team's knowledge base in a certain specific pop culture area like _Star Trek_ or _Mad Men_, he's dragged along for his sector of geeky knowledge), and it's always dinner time when I get there, and then we get all distracted, like, doing what we went there for once our food orders get placed.  Silly nerds.]

(And as a further side note, I still haven't been able to watch "The Angels Take Manhattan" or the Christmas special because I KNOW that the former is the end of certain characters, and THIS DOES NOT WORK FOR ME!)

Ahem.  Julep.  Right.  I'm glad to see that they have a few holographic colors, but they're just not really doing it for me.  I'll just wait until it's available as a stand-alone color, although maybe not since I have, um, more than a few silvers already.  Also, the search function on the site:  DOES NOT WORK.  Enter anything in the search box, and it pulls up *everything in the catalog*.  *So* annoying when I just want to get to one specific color.
 haha. I LOVE that artwork. my favorite is The Doctor followed by Amy, and then Rory. but oh my gosh! you need to watch it!!! its soo good. its helpful to understand how the Doctor is in the new episodes!!!!

Julep- oh, my, freaking, goodness. I was just thinking that about the search today! I wanted to know if Brooke came in any sets because the color itself is sold out and its just sooo pretty I want it. I actually have ZERO silvers! so I went ahead and got it girl because I'm OBSESSED with blue polishes and I LOVE when polishes have different colored  glitter than is the base!

I liked what they had before, like all the colors in an image and you would click on certain part and it would give you those shades! That was awesome!

Originally Posted by Generalissima /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Went for bombshell and added the set with Jane in it. I wish I could add Jane by itself because I really want that color but oh well. I'm excited to see that and ginger in person
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought they would have the add ons as singles, not in groups, but it actually works better for me, that way I don't buy any XD lol except for the ones from this month XD
They do have all February colors available as singles, they also have Jane, but it looks like copper not really rose gold from the swatch...

yes, they do, I meant the other ones that are not from this month.They have the ones for this month as singles which means I want to get them. The others not so much cuz I only wanted one and not the whole set they are selling.

I'm not seeing the upgrade to the full set as an option.  Am I missing it or did it sell out already?

Edit:  Never mind, I see that it's under the "Select a New Style" link.

Anyone else notice the news blurb at the bottom of the Maven email that they're now going to put the year, sequence (so the first color of the year is 1, the second is 2, etc.), and style profile (Boho Glam, It Girl, etc.) on their LE bottles now?  It reminds me of, well, Square Hue.  Except SH does the month and year, and they don't have style profiles.  Julep's plan seems overly complicated.  How are you supposed to know which ones are LE if these get added to the catalog after they get added to the general catalog after the Maven boxes go out?  What happens when they repeat a color in a later box?

ETA:  I wish there was a freeform "other" box for why we're skipping.  Smoky creams aren't my thing, but the *real* issue is that holos *are* my thing -- but not *those* holos.  They're just a little too...  conventional?  Expected?  Boring?  I don't know the right word.  They're just kind of blah overall to me.

it doesn't display when you click on try a new style? It's the first option for me O.O
It does, I just hadn't gotten that far.  I was thinking it showed up in the "Add On" section.

I've seen him at a couple of local comic-cons and he was genuinely surprised when I recognized the DS9 piece he had there. I have the Eleventh Doctor one and love it!

As to an Amy Pond red - Butter's Old Blighty looks like it's pretty close to the brick red I've seen on DW, and for me Butter's Scoundrel looks close to the smoky lilac. I haven't quite figured dupes for the rest though.

You definitely need to watch Angels and the Christmas special. I was sad to see the outcome in the former, but I'm liking the latter, she reminds me of Doctor!Donna.

But I digress... back to Julep, I'm a huge sucker for holos, and I'm genuinely curious about the teal and magenta holos. I ended up passing on Ginger as an add-on since I couldn't quite find a swatch I liked of it. I think it's great that they're showing swatches on hands other than light-skinned hands, but I don't like that this month they only showed the swatches on darker skin tones, and that may be making it harder for me to "see" what the swatch would look like on a similar skin tone to mine.

Edited to add... I just noticed the varied skin tone pics posted here, but when I went back through on the link in the email, it only shows the darker skin tone on the website, but if you click on the link through FB (argh!!!!!), you get both sets of swatches. Weird way of doing it. *shrugs*

yes, they do, I meant the other ones that are not from this month.They have the ones for this month as singles which means I want to get them. The others not so much cuz I only wanted one and not the whole set they are selling.
If you are talking about Jane or Oscar, they are available as singles. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This might be a super "duh" question, but I'm new to Julep so still learning. Each month when they put out the polishes for each profile, is it the first time these polishes have been introduced to customers? Or do they ever take old polish colors and include them in a profile option for a month? I was trying to find swatches on Google to decide which box to pick, but nothing came up so it led me to believe these are all new polishes each month.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This might be a super "duh" question, but I'm new to Julep so still learning. Each month when they put out the polishes for each profile, is it the first time these polishes have been introduced to customers? Or do they ever take old polish colors and include them in a profile option for a month? I was trying to find swatches on Google to decide which box to pick, but nothing came up so it led me to believe these are all new polishes each month.
If I make no mistake, all of these are new :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back