Julep: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOooooOoooh this looks so awesome! Darnit I did the BOGO sale and said I would skip next month. Looks like I'm not skipping!!

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm curious to see how the Freedom top coat compares to the Seche topcoat, so I'm excited to see that this is in the box. I haven't been excited about a Julep box since the suedes, which is only a couple of months ago, but still.
I'm most excited about that too.  I'm addicted to Seche, but I don't like how sometimes your nail color "pops" off because of the shrinkage... wonder if Freedom will perform better.  Super psyched!

Originally Posted by kloudes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm most excited about that too.  I'm addicted to Seche, but I don't like how sometimes your nail color "pops" off because of the shrinkage... wonder if Freedom will perform better.  Super psyched!
Right. A lot of people are complaining that Freedom is so expensive compared to Seche (Seche Vite = $6-10 for 14mL and Freedom = $15 for 8mL), but Seche hasn't reformulated yet to be 3-free, and all of Julep's products have been 3+ free. If it works as well as Seche in terms of drying time and shininess, I'd be willing to shell out for it.

I have major shrinkage with the Freedom topcoat :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wanted to love it but I just couldn't get it to work. I love the idea of it but it performs the same as Seche (mega shrinkage). I'm still not skipping though, I'm really excited about the oxygen treatment :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just realized I need a new topcoat last night (for some reason, the only one I like is Julep's fast drying topcoat) so I'm super excited especially since now I don't need to shell out an extra amount to get a new topcoat. Although I did want to try to skip this month but that is not happening. Hopefully, march will suck ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Right. A lot of people are complaining that Freedom is so expensive compared to Seche (Seche Vite = $6-10 for 14mL and Freedom = $15 for 8mL), but Seche hasn't reformulated yet to be 3-free, and all of Julep's products have been 3+ free. If it works as well as Seche in terms of drying time and shininess, I'd be willing to shell out for it.
That's my only issue with Seche other than the fact that it smells exactly like my model paints - that it's not 3 free yet. If Freedom works as well as Seche, I'll use that as my alternating topcoat - if it's good, I don't mind spending more if the product warrants it.

Originally Posted by martianeskimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just realized I need a new topcoat last night (for some reason, the only one I like is Julep's fast drying topcoat) so I'm super excited especially since now I don't need to shell out an extra amount to get a new topcoat. Although I did want to try to skip this month but that is not happening. Hopefully, march will suck
wink.gif
That's what I said about January when I said I would skip!(got the wardrobe for December)

I'm SO excited. I need a new top/base coat and really want to try these both. I'd pay for the month with just those two things alone, haha. I'm anxious to see all the colors now. I don't have many holographic/duochrome colors :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ENABLER ALERT- Bloomspot.com has a deal right now for julep- you get $50 worth of any product for $20. It's good til June but you can't apply it to your maven account. I'm trying to make a purchase on julep right now & I can't add anything into my cart... What gives??

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ENABLER ALERT- Bloomspot.com has a deal right now for julep- you get $50 worth of any product for $20. It's good til June but you can't apply it to your maven account. I'm trying to make a purchase on julep right now & I can't add anything into my cart... What gives??
yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was wondering if you could combine it with the maven discount, but if you can't, then definitely not worth it :C

I'm not sure if you can't combine it with your maven discount- it just says that you can use it towards your monthly box. Hmmmmm I wonder...

Question- I canceled my maven subscription, can I still buy mystery bags?? Also, how often do they come out?? I think its an amazing deal for $20

I tried it with mine and it's working just fine! Weird.

It's good until July though so I'm going to hang onto mine for a little while. I always end up buying stuff and then it goes on sale the next day! lol.

So after the spoilers of a top coat and a base coat- I was forced to activate my Maven account. I'm not doing to great with my New Years resolution of cutting back subscriptions.... Lol!!

So after the spoilers of a top coat and a base coat- I was forced to activate my Maven account. I'm not doing to great with my New Years resolution of cutting back subscriptions.... Lol!!
Ya me either.

I'm letting my birchbox go but I signed up for Beauty Army, and SquareHue, and I have Julep.

Which I keep telling myself I'll skip but then I never do!

So excited about these months colors. I skipped January because I bought so much stuff from their December sales but looks like I'll be a bad girl in February.

Here are the February colors:

February-Maven1.png

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So excited about these months colors. I skipped January because I bought so much stuff from their December sales but looks like I'll be a bad girl in February.

Here are the February colors:

February-Maven1.png

Oh gosh. It's going to be a tough choice this month! I'm classic with a twist and usually stick with that, but I think those are my least favorite this time. I think I may need to wait for the swatches and will probably end up adding on an extra or two as well!

Swatches:

American Beauty:

Sally: Antique ivory creme

Joan: Raspberry plum with rose gold shimmer

Boho Glam:

Ingrid: Burnt orange creme

Julianne: Smokey grey blue creme

Bombshell:

Ginger: Sand holographic

Laura: Olive khaki creme

Classic with a twist:

Claudette: Smoky brick red creme

Helen: Smoky pastel lavender creme

It Girl: 

Joan: Raspberry plum with rose shimmer

Rebel: Silver holographic

Marion: Smoky blue with silver shimmer

Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh gosh. It's going to be a tough choice this month! I'm classic with a twist and usually stick with that, but I think those are my least favorite this time. I think I may need to wait for the swatches and will probably end up adding on an extra or two as well!
The swatches are up on the Julep blog and so are the add-ons. Im an it-girl but I want the base coat and the holos are very tempting not to mention the add-ons.

Latest posts

Back