Julep: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sienna_Swatch1.jpg
Oscar
Ellie_Swatch.jpg
Ellie
MOrgan_Swatch1.jpg
Morgan
Julia_Swatch.jpg
Julia
Jennifer_Swatch.jpg
Jennifer
Lucy_Swatch.jpg
Lucy
Oscar_Swatch.jpg
Sienna
Nora_Swatch.jpg
Nora
Stefani_Swatch.jpg
Stefani
Catherine_Swatch1.jpg
Catherine
Eileen_Swatch.jpg
Eileen
Jane_Swatch.jpg
Jane
The add-ons:

I know :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was really hoping to add-on from this month too! But after seeing the swatches it made my decision a bit easier. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do Boho Glam with Jane as an add-on.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish the add ons were nail polishes from that month and maybe also some others...ALL of them are from other months though :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I know some people will be unhappy about that. Im happy because I wanted Oscar and it was sold out and also Jane.

I wonder if they're going to do a maven's choice box this month then. It seems like people might be unhappy. Then again, they didn't last month...

I'm not super impressed, but I don't want to skip because I want to try the new top+base coats. I'm a CwaT, which isn't a bad match for me this month, but I want to try the sand holo and I can never say no to a green (really. I'm terrible at it) while I have similar colours to the CwaT box in my collection already.

I'm happy they're including old colours in the addons (I'm hoping they'll do that for Susie in a spring box because I really only want to pay $5 for it ;_ ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but yeah it does kind of suck they're not letting people add on from this collection... though actually my maven subscription window isn't active yet. Is anyone else's?

Also, super not convinced still Julep is really good at matching colours to names. Zoya is brilliant at it (omg I can't even with Pippa and I don't even like yellow. It's just that perfect), but Julep always leaves me a little cold. Case-in-point this month: Marion. I'm like 99.999% sure that refers to Marion Cotillard, unless if there's another famous Marion (and related to oscars too!) that I should be familiar with. So I'm not sure why the polish is a sparkly blue when neither the actress nor the name calls for that in any manner... Probably an oxblood, or a dark red a la Lucy. Maybe even nude-type colour with gold shimmer... but not this. :

Don't mind me, I'm still annoyed about Julep Amy, lol. Amy is a super easy name to work with because it can call up so many colours (or personalities of so many different celebrities named Amy) and they still missed the ball on it. I can't think of a single famous person named Amy that colour would fit and it certainly doesn't fit the name itself imo. Just ugh. And of course I've thought about it that much because it's my name... there're barely any companies that dare to go there with Amy and the one company that does makes me cringe with their choice.

I wonder if they're going to do a maven's choice box this month then. It seems like people might be unhappy. Then again, they didn't last month... I'm not super impressed, but I don't want to skip because I want to try the new top+base coats. I'm a CwaT, which isn't a bad match for me this month, but I want to try the sand holo and I can never say no to a green (really. I'm terrible at it) while I have similar colours to the CwaT box in my collection already. I'm happy they're including old colours in the addons (I'm hoping they'll do that for Susie in a spring box because I really only want to pay $5 for it ;_ ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but yeah it does kind of suck they're not letting people add on from this collection... though actually my maven subscription window isn't active yet. Is anyone else's? Also, super not convinced still Julep is really good at matching colours to names. Zoya is brilliant at it (omg I can't even with Pippa and I don't even like yellow. It's just that perfect), but Julep always leaves me a little cold. Case-in-point this month: Marion. I'm like 99.999% sure that refers to Marion Cotillard, unless if there's another famous Marion (and related to oscars too!) that I should be familiar with. So I'm not sure why the polish is a sparkly blue when neither the actress nor the name calls for that in any manner... Probably an oxblood, or a dark red a la Lucy. Maybe even nude-type colour with gold shimmer... but not this. : Don't mind me, I'm still annoyed about Julep Amy, lol. Amy is a super easy name to work with because it can call up so many colours (or personalities of so many different celebrities named Amy) and they still missed the ball on it. I can't think of a single famous person named Amy that colour would fit and it certainly doesn't fit the name itself imo. Just ugh. And of course I've thought about it that much because it's my name... there're barely any companies that dare to go there with Amy and the one company that does makes me cringe with their choice.
I disagree! Amy is very Amy Adams to me!

I'll be sticking with my Boho Glam this month, as I'm an orange lover. 

When I click on the "Maven Profile" link, I'm getting a message that there is a problem with my account and to contact customer service.  Are others seeing that or do I really have a problem?

I'll be sticking with my Boho Glam this month, as I'm an orange lover.  When I click on the "Maven Profile" link, I'm getting a message that there is a problem with my account and to contact customer service.  Are others seeing that or do I really have a problem?
my account says the same!

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my account says the same!
Me too! I have a feeling it has something to do with them updating the information for the sub.

I'm seeing that error too, so I came here to see if anyone else was having the problem. Glad I'm not alone! There's no way I'm skipping this month. I'm normally CWaT, but I don't really like this month's selection. I'm switching to It Girl, I think.

I was going to skip...uhm. not anymore!!!! I'm It Girl but I was REALLY drawn to Joan. and on FB they have Joan as American Beauty. and then i saw the blog and that Joan was part of It Girl(which, has the other two colors I REAAALLLYYYYYY wanted.) sooo yayyy. and every box gets the freedom topcoat??? yayy. I don't really care about the oxygen basecoat. I rarely use one and when i do I use a sally hansen nail hardener I have :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> sooooo yayyyyyy It Girl. no changes....except which card it charges to! oops :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> oh, and I'm having the same account problem.

I opted for the whole collection after reading what it included, geez Julep why did you have to make this month soooo tempting!

feb_upgrade_image.jpg

Included:

Upgrade to the full Glamour Collection (a $252 value) to get all ten NEW February colors,

PLUS Oscar, Ellie, Oxygen Nail Treatment, Freedom Polymer Top Coat, and a white lacquer jewelry box.

Set includes:

• Sally: Antique ivory crème
  • Joan: Raspberry plum with rose gold shimmer
  • Julianne: Smoky grey blue crème
  • Ingrid: Burnt orange crème
  • Laura: Olive khaki crème
  • Ginger: Sand holographic
  • Helen: Smoky pastel lavender crème
  • Claudette: Smoky brick red crème
  • Marion: Smoky blue with silver shimmer
  • Rebel: Silver holographic
  • Oscar: Ultra chic, multi-dimensional gold glitter
  • Ellie: Opalescent seashell pink with holographic shimmer
  • Oxygen Nail Treatment: Strengthening 'makeup for nails' with a subtle tint
  • Freedom Polymer Top Coat: Smudge-free shine in five minutes
  • White Lacquer Jewelry Box: Hand-made limited edition white lacquer box with high shine finish

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I disagree! Amy is very Amy Adams to me!
Disagree still.

If you're thinking of this dress she wore for Enchanted (which IA is an "Amy" colour), Julep Amy is a shade too dark for that. I don't mind the blue, but I think in general it's a shade too dark to be an "Amy". Also, the blue should be a shade more teal then. Plus, if their inspiration was this dress, I would've loved to see a subtle pink shimmer a la Sinful Colors Cinderella or Cult Nails princess.

So all the colours for this month are in the addons too. I think they just wanted to give a choice to old polishes for $5 as addons. Love it.

I'm due to get the Bombshell box. I wish I could get a better view of "Ginger". I'm unfamiliar with holographic nail polishes so I'm not exactly sure what to expect.
nixweiss.gif

If I sign up now for julep will I be able to order a February box or will it bump me till march?

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I opted for the whole collection after reading what it included, geez Julep why did you have to make this month soooo tempting!

feb_upgrade_image.jpg

Included:

Upgrade to the full Glamour Collection (a $252 value) to get all ten NEW February colors,

PLUS Oscar, Ellie, Oxygen Nail Treatment, Freedom Polymer Top Coat, and a white lacquer jewelry box.

Set includes:

• Sally: Antique ivory crème
  • Joan: Raspberry plum with rose gold shimmer
  • Julianne: Smoky grey blue crème
  • Ingrid: Burnt orange crème
  • Laura: Olive khaki crème
  • Ginger: Sand holographic
  • Helen: Smoky pastel lavender crème
  • Claudette: Smoky brick red crème
  • Marion: Smoky blue with silver shimmer
  • Rebel: Silver holographic
  • Oscar: Ultra chic, multi-dimensional gold glitter
  • Ellie: Opalescent seashell pink with holographic shimmer
  • Oxygen Nail Treatment: Strengthening 'makeup for nails' with a subtle tint
  • Freedom Polymer Top Coat: Smudge-free shine in five minutes
  • White Lacquer Jewelry Box: Hand-made limited edition white lacquer box with high shine finish
i couldn't resist either!

Decisions... Decisions... I'm going back and forth between Bomshell & Boho Glam... Both come with the new top coat & base right?

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm due to get the Bombshell box. I wish I could get a better view of "Ginger". I'm unfamiliar with holographic nail polishes so I'm not exactly sure what to expect.
nixweiss.gif
Same here!  I have no idea what "holographic" nail polish is and their swatch pick is too tiny to tell!

Originally Posted by jac a /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i couldn't resist either!
Me either.

For one thing, by the time I switched from Boho to Classic with a Twist to get the colors I wanted, and then did an add on of that nail polish that's a treatment [not the top coat, the pink one], and then the orange polish & the green I wanted, it was $40. I'd rather just spend the extra $10 and get the whole lot plus the box that I love.

I ended up pausing my Square Hue account this month to help make up for it at least.

Latest posts

Back