Julep: February 2015 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how they totally changed the jules-to-dollar ratio this month. A lot of the add-ons are cheaper in jules than they are in dollars. It's throwing off my usual decision-making process.

I like how they totally changed the jules-to-dollar ratio this month. A lot of the add-ons are cheaper in jules than they are in dollars. It's throwing off my usual decision-making process.
Did they? 

How many jules was an add-on before? It is currently 600 jules. 

Polishes from the new collection have been 950 since (I *think*) May. It was the same month that they upped the price to $6.99.

I don't remember the cost of other add-ons, but I know adding a whole box as an add-on (or paying for your box itself) for 2000 jules was pretty much the best ratio you could get.

Trying to decide if I should swap out Elise for the highlighter brush. I'm afraid it might be too big and hard to use, but if I don't get it I will have to find a brush somewhere else to use instead.

I surprised myself & took a box this month.  I used Jules for the add-on plus we all get the Valentine's Day freebie.  I'm actually excited to get this box.

Your Selected Box: Your Selected Add-ons:  
bohoglam-brandis_hazel_glow.jpg
  February Boho Glam Box   Included:   Brandis (Boho Glam): Taos turquoise crème
Hazel (Boho Glam): Wild violet and bronze duochrome
Glow Highlighting Powder: An ultralight powder luminizer that feels weightless and looks flawless.

ada_rf.jpg
Ada   1  Qty   It Girl   Color Description
Bright rhubarb fizzy

And...  Skipped.  I don't think there's even one single shade in the entire collection I'm interested in -- not even the top coat.  I'm slightly intrigued by Ada (mainly because I had a girlkitty named Ada after Ada Byron Lovelace, the first computer programmer), but it's not in a box, and it's the *finish* that interests me, not the actual color.  I don't do pinks on my nails.
I gasped when I read this because I totally have a girlkitty named Ada and want the polish for that reason. My Ada is named after the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) because she is blind in one eye.

But I also looove pinks.

I went to high school with a girl whose name was Jenifer but she went by Ada (pronounced aww-duh), an abbreviated version of her middle name Adaife. She was pretty, VERY smart & VERY motivated. In our senior year she became ASB president & was inadvertently a huge role model to all of us.

That being said, I think Julep Ada is a very beautiful, yummy looking polish. Unfortunately it's the ONLY polish that intrigues me this month. If I weren't on a no buy I'd probably get the Maven's Choice box & add on Ada & MAYBE the metamorphic trio. But I don't even want Hartleigh; to me it's kind of a lazy attempt of trying to grab the indie brand buyers demographic, & honestly it looks too kitschy to be considered a Julep polish. But that's just my opinion--I've been spoiled with so many good Juleps in the past & I'm kinda picky when it comes to glitter topcoats anyway.

Your February box includes:
brandis_rf.jpg

Brandis
Boho Glam
Color Description
Taos turquoise crème

hazel_rf_1.jpg
Hazel
Boho Glam
Color Description
Wild violet and bronze duochrome

gobig.jpg
Go Big Volumizing Mascara

Our microcylinder brush is tapered to reach every last little lash. The creamy formula volumizes, thickens, and curls without ever getting crunchy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I might add Ada on, it looks really nice!  I'm really good at waiting until the last minute to add on!  :rolleyes:

I ended up skipping, not feeling the colors. I hope March is good since its my birthday month. I will probably pick up the highlighters when they go on sale.

Polishes from the new collection have been 950 since (I *think*) May. It was the same month that they upped the price to $6.99.

I don't remember the cost of other add-ons, but I know adding a whole box as an add-on (or paying for your box itself) for 2000 jules was pretty much the best ratio you could get.
That's awesome, I think I will save my Jules for a box.Did you guys also check out the Jule Box? They added a ton of stuff and it is soooo much better.

I ended up skipping. I decided that I didn't think that my daughter would like the namesake polish all that much, I don't need highlighter and I didn't like Hartleigh. I was going to get Hazel and then the magenta metamorphic top coat, but realized that I already have Sephora's Formula X over the moon which sounds very much like the topcoat. I'll just hold out and get Hazel another time. 

I originally was going to get the Bombshell box with the Metamorph trio and two more polish add ons. At the last minute I chose to skip.

I want all the polishes this month (including Hartleigh) except the very dark ones. I have near-dupes for several though, so my box is Becky (LOVE the satin finishes), London (I don't have any pinkish purples anywhere near that color), the glycolic body scrub (I just used it for the first time recently and will take as much of it as I can get), and Hartleigh of course. I'm super excited about everything, and it works out to be a pretty good value for me.

I received my I Woke Up Like This Mystery Box this weekend.  I had also bought on an Orbital Eyeshadow that had been shipped inside the mystery box.  The eyeshadow was smashed in to pieces and was all over everything including me and my furniture when I opened the box.  Sadness!  I've contacted Julep and will see what happens.

If I (re) join today, will I get the Feb box? I REALLY want Hartleigh.
No, the selection window closed the 24th.

The window is always the 20th-24th, and I know new signups have to be before the 18th. I have no idea how it works for un-canceling your account though. Like if you re-signed up on the 22nd, I don't know if they would immediately allow you to pick your box for that month, or if you'd have to wait for the following one.

Back