Julep: February 2015 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone gotten their highlighter yet? The pigmentation and texture aren't really impressing me. I passed it on to my kid to play dress-up with.
I got the high lighter... Since I been eyeing Becca's moonstone and Laura mercier high lighter... Well I am not impressed with the color or the consistency but I am using it nonetheless so I won't go out and buy the ones I'm eyeing....

I should have known that I wouldn't like julep makeup... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh well this is my last prepaid box after hat I got enough Jules for 2 free box then I'm done with julep polishes.

I got my February box today.  My favorite polish is the add-on Ada.  It's so pretty and I think I'll wear it for Valentine's day instead of Hartleigh.  

I am bummed. I *know* I filled out the Skip form - because I picked I didn't wan't to glow.

But they shipped a box to me. 

Sigh. 

And when did Classic with a Twist become 2 products and 1 polish? 

The "we'll send everyone a free polish" doesn't cut it for me. 

Did anyone else get 5 bonus Valentine topcoats in their box? Not sure if it was something they sent out to everyone or one of those surprise things for random customers?
I came on here today wondering the same thing.  I went to throw out my box but it was still heavy so I checked under the paper stuff and was really surprised.  I think it may just be random people, but like I know I've never skipped a box so I was thinking maybe because of that?  I don't know. I'm curious to see if it is really random or if it is some kind of reward.

I got the highlighter and the brush. The highlighter is not bad at all, at least on my skin (I am as pale as they come, so it just lightly highlights... as it is basically my skin color, lol) But the brush is near useless. It's just so huge and awkward! But maybe I just don't like fan brushes, but given Julep's makeup track record, it probably just sucks!

I love the heart polish, though, but I have a soft spot for things like it. 

It appears FedEx has lost my Maven box. Customer service was really nice, but apparently the contents of the smitten kitten box I ordered are gone, so they can't send me a new one. Sigh. No Vivien for me. She offered to send me something else, but I had my heart set on that box.

Oh well, if it does not show up by Saturday, they will refund my money and this may just be the excuse I needed to order Cupid's mystery clutch. I had held off because as cute as the heart top coats are, how many does a girl need? If Heartleigh is not coming my way, I might just need Yuki. 

I got the powder highlighter, and I think it's pretty good. Not as super-finely milled as luxury brands, but still nice and use-able. (I am very pale-skinned.)

I wore Ada, with Heartleigh over Harvey as accent nails, and got lots of compliments. Ada is really fun, but the little white dots stick just like glitter when you're trying to remove the polish.

Now here's hoping that March will feature lots of bright fresh colors! I'm so over all the dark red/purple/blue/black that Julep has been doing lately.

I'm really enjoying the eye brightener pen-- I think it's making a difference :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm excited for my current mani (zoya storm) to chip..lol.. so I can test out Ada !!!

I'm really enjoying the eye brightener pen-- I think it's making a difference :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm excited for my current mani (zoya storm) to chip..lol.. so I can test out Ada !!!
I'm glad to hear a positive opinion on the brightener pen I ordered it but I haven't got my box yet. The highlighter doesn't seem like it's receiving much praise.

I got mine today. Haven't tried anything yet, but I like the colors in the bottles. Elise seems a lot like Elle .. I hope the blue is more obvious on the nails.

Gifts for taking 3 add-ons were Queen Anne and Tatiana ..

I ordered the Cupid Mystery thing. I haven't ordered a mystery box since 2013!

I like the two polishes that you're guaranteed to recieve, and I added Paula for 4.99. Was able to use a code to get the total to $19.98 I figure for $20, at the very least I'll get 3 polishes that I like.

I ended up ordering the Cupid's Mystery clutch and then all 3 Mystery Add on's as well. I've literally skipped every single monthly Julep box for the past 1.5 years because my collection was just insane. I still shouldn't have bought it, but at least it was the same price as my monthly box would have been anyways.

Did anyone else get 5 bonus Valentine topcoats in their box? Not sure if it was something they sent out to everyone or one of those surprise things for random customers?
I got the 5 bonus Valentine topcoats as well! I guess I'm set for heart polish for the next 50 years or so :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .

I got the mystery clutch and used a code to get the congrats set of 2 polishes (from the wedding collection Sienna (Classic with a Twist): Sophisticated, shimmery gold

Fifi (It Girl): Tea time pink crème) for FREE.  I don't even care what else is in the bag 4 lovely polishes and a cute little bag for 24 bucks makes me a happy gal:)  

Ugh, after seeing the spoiler for the Cupid Bag, not super thrilled about it. Wish I had just kept my money! Ah well.

Hartleigh x5

julep hartleigh 5 set2.jpg

Back