Julep January 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it! I added on the Just For Yule trio from the add-ons ($9.99) and went back to my cart and used the APP10 code and it took the cost of the add-on off so I only paid the $24.99 for the mystery box. So I'm getting at least 4 new to me polishes (Sue & Patricia from the mystery box, and Emer & Myrtle from the trio - I already have the white) for the price. TENOFF would give the same discount if you already used APP10 too. 

I went ahead and got it.  I used COLORFUN for a free polish.  Then I was bad and added on the Stargazer eyeliner set ($40 regular price but only $15 as an add on -- I'd been thinking about it but didn't want to pay full price).  So, about $40 total for the order but I got two things I'd been thinking about and one bonus polish (Fazia, I'm sure I have tons like it but it's so pretty).
Thanks guys! This was helpful! There wasn't really anything in the add-ons that tickled my fancy, so I went for the COLORFUN code and got Malala, which I had been wanting for a while. I figured three guaranteed polishes I knew I would want plus other random stuff was enough to make it worth it for me. This will be the first time I've ever bought a mystery box without seeing spoilers first. Here's to hopping for good products!

I tried all of the ones I could find.  Best I could come up with was COLORFUN for a free polish with the order (many polishes are sold out, though).  Apparently the APP10 code ($10 off) for using the new app for the first time only works with orders $25+, so the mystery box costs 1 cent less than the required minimum for that one.  THIRTYOFF and TENOFF don't work with the mystery box.  There was one in a comment on MSA for $5 off but I've tried it about 4 times and it hasn't worked for me at all.  So I'm in the same boat you are.  I've been thinking about this for 2 days now...
I bought the Mystery Box and used the $5 code just fine. There was nothing I really wanted to add-on.

Does anyone know when Julep processes their monthly charges? My sub was up in December, so they will have to charge me for another 3 months before the January box ships, but I want to make sure there is money on my CC (Christmas almost melted it!).

I bought the Mystery Box and used the $5 code just fine. There was nothing I really wanted to add-on.

Does anyone know when Julep processes their monthly charges? My sub was up in December, so they will have to charge me for another 3 months before the January box ships, but I want to make sure there is money on my CC (Christmas almost melted it!).
I believe they'll charge you for the next 3 months on December 27th when they charge for January. I last paid at the end of September when they charged for October's box and it was the $59.97 for Oct, Nov, and Dec all at once. 

January's final lineup...

julep boho jan.png

I am less than thrilled to see only 1 color polish in Boho, CwaT, and Bombshell. This better not be a new trend. 

January's final lineup...

julep boho jan.png

I am less than thrilled to see only 1 color polish in Boho, CwaT, and Bombshell. This better not be a new trend. 
Yeah, this is disturbing to me too, since I'm not on the customization program. It's like they're throwing out not-so-subtle hints to us that we should move over to My Maven...or else! Putting Sienna in the CWT box last month was just the beginning, it seems.

Guess it's It Girl for me this month!

They'll probably say that you get a better value with 2 beauty items and 1 polish. I have a customizable sub so it doesn't really affect me. However if I still had a non costomizable box, I would be a little annoyed.

Technically, as long as you signed up for one of the toppers, you'll still get 2 polishes plus 2 products or 4 polishes in IG. As far as "value" is concerned, an item is only as valuable as it is useful. Julep can slap whatever "retail value" they want on their products but if I have no intentions on using it, it's pretty worthless.

I decided to order the bombshell box and added on the holographic nail stickers, orbital eyeshadow in Borealis and Luna. 

The colour for bombshell this month is exactly the same as October's Margarita...I don't want to pay for a fully customizable box geez louise why can't they at least change the colours for each profile

I'm going with Boho Glam. I thought the blue/green polish that Jane was wearing in the sneak peek video looked really nice, and it's different enough from Eliana a few months ago. I was thinking of skipping, but I'm not going to pass up the free transformer topcoat. No add-ons, either.  I did 3 add-ons last month and got a lip primer that was kind of yucky (smelled not great, I suspect it may have been old).

I am interested in the body scrub, but I have a couple of codes to use, so will just wait until they're out in the regular store.

I can't believe it!  They actually put together an It Girl box I love!  Those colors are *totally* January.  Although I usually hate creams, mint green and baby blue are exceptions.  I've been wanting a charcoal cream to use as a base for my flakies.  I don't like the color of Margit in the bottle shot because it looks like a sweet soft pink, but then the swatches make it look like a weird greyish pink with a shimmer, which would be *awesome*, but we all know Julep's pictures lie, so spinning the wheel and hoping for the best on this one.  I'll add on Luna (hello, new flakie!), Sandi (eggplant is another cream I can tolerate), and the oil cleanser (winter = I prefer to use an oil cleanser, and I'm out).  I want the Orbital eyeshadow, but, uh, no.  No eyeshadow for me.  I'm overloaded on new indies right now, and I don't ever use the pressed shadows I already have anyway. 

So.  This is what my box looks like:

ee01d954-ed86-471f-97f9-dd77372295ca_zps4c15574b.png

I think this is probably the best-for-me month I've seen from them in *ages* -- like probably more than a year and a half.  I might also pick up Devon from the Jules shop since that's 400 points.  Still mulling that one over, though.

(In unrelated news, yow, it is *pouring* outside.  I need to get dressed and run errands.  I *still* don't know what to get most of my family for Christmas.  This is going to be a very long day.)

I got Shelly (not a big creme fan either but I'm a sucker for that color!), the Navy Smoke gel glider, and the sheer pink luxe lip with Luna, the Borealis shadow, and the holo chevron decals. Decided to skip my other box this month, there wasn't enough I wanted to justify two boxes and a lot of what I want is add-on only anyway.

After all the holiday deals, code glitches, etc. I probably should skip all around but after doing some math and accounting for the free top coat and free gift for taking 3 add-ons it works out to around $5 an item and I can dig that ;-)

Going with Boho Glam and adding on the Navy Smoke gel pencil.  My first box since May with the Plie wand.

Love Jane's Tarheel reference in the video, as I'm one as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Back