Julep: June 2015 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Credit to jk2moni:

Eh, looks skippable for me.

11142998_801940579881877_1479276910_n.jpg

11184495_798006460291354_11835655_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I cancelled my sub in April, and I was secretly May and June would wow me enough to come back, but so far ... nothing.

I wish they would have followed up on the holographic polish promises instead of adding more and more makeup items :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Luckily there is nothing I am interested in here.  I'm almost out of polish storage so will only be taking a box when there is something I really like.  I either have dupes of these or I'm just not interested in them.  It's a skip for me.

Meh... not impressed really. May's box was the first I received in almost a year. I like the color of the two polishes I got, but they aren't incredibly special. I would love to see something new and exciting from Julep... that isn't makeup.

Meh... not impressed really. May's box was the first I received in almost a year. I like the color of the two polishes I got, but they aren't incredibly special. I would love to see something new and exciting from Julep... that isn't makeup.
This was also my first box in almost a year. The main reason I stay subbed is for the grandfathered monthly skip option, an odd reason for sure to remain subscribed now that I see it in writing, lol. I keep waiting for a new, wow polish, either an exciting color or a new finish/formula. The June lineup has an awful lot of reds/dark pinks/corals. Other than Sam and Jacqueline they're all minor variations on (recent) previous colors. I also agree that I don't need more makeup from Julep. The lip crayons last month were nice (I picked up the lighter mauve as an add on and I'm glad I did since I hated how their curation chosen fuchsia version looked on me) but I wish they'd keep the focus on nails. I tested a friend's finishing powder I think from the Feb box and wasn't impressed with the formula. I just don't get why they divert attention from their primary brand product that made them successful.

I totally agree with you Fashion Diva, why is Julep trying to be a makeup company instead of a nail polish company? 

Nail polish is easy to buy online. I can almost always make the colors work. 

Makeup is something much more personal. I need to see on my face to see if I like the color and feel before I buy makeup. 

I took the chance with the lip gloss a few months ago. How hard can lip gloss be, right? Ugh. I hated how sticky it was, how awful it smelled and how weird that metal tip was. 

I really want Manda, so I debated about taking a box but I don't really want sticky lipgloss and I don't want to pay for customization so I think I will wait for the secret store. 

To those who've received their boxes this month already, has anyone switched one of the new jelly polishes yet? I'm anxious to see how they look, whether they're sheer or opaque or possibly can be made opaque using multiple coats. I saw their sample nails but I've chosen colors/new formulas for based on them and been disappointed before. For some reason I keep thinking they'll be like the jelly version by OPI everyone got from BB and ipsy a year ago. For me they were totally worthless except as topcoats and even then they were nothing special. Thanks in advance for any swatches/feedback!

Did anyone else get the lip stuff and it was dried and chunky?

To those who've received their boxes this month already, has anyone switched one of the new jelly polishes yet? I'm anxious to see how they look, whether they're sheer or opaque or possibly can be made opaque using multiple coats. I saw their sample nails but I've chosen colors/new formulas for based on them and been disappointed before. For some reason I keep thinking they'll be like the jelly version by OPI everyone got from BB and ipsy a year ago. For me they were totally worthless except as topcoats and even then they were nothing special. Thanks in advance for any swatches/feedback!
here are the swatches of the two new jellies, 2 coats each.

11334320_10101629376947441_1651214524_n.jpg

Wow those look great! Thanks for posting! Makes me wish I was still a subscriber.

I am so bummed, the post office delivered my package to someone, but not me! I had an extra gift in my box this month and was really looking forward to the new colors. Now it's missing and all they can say is they have no idea where it is. I've asked my neighbors and they haven't received it, but they also have packages that were delivered which were for another house on the block or another street. So sad I won't get my package this month!

Well of course the post office investigated and they have no clue where my box was delivered. But I called Julep and they couldn't have been nicer, they are sending me out another box and even let me pick my free gift that I was supposed to receive as this is only my second box. I'm really impressed with their customer service!

Latest posts

Back