Julep: March 2015 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skipping.

I like Nayely, but that's about it. I'm interested to see how they do the alternative March birthstone, bloodstone. It should be a deep green with red flecks.

Not interested in the lip or eye products right now. 

I'm interested to see how they do the alternative March birthstone, bloodstone. It should be a deep green with red flecks.

That sounds amazing! Alas, you don't work for Julep: I assumed that "Liza" is the new birthstone polish. It's cut off in some of the pictures, but it says "aquamarine" next to it on the card from the Dallas meet up. (Silly you, expecting consistency from Julep, wrt the whole alternate thing :) ...)

-Eliza, who was pathetically excited to see her almost-name polish, but now wants a Her Real Name polish with green and blood and stone (and, also, maybe some holo. Because, if I'm playing Queen for the Day, there WILL be holo)

That sounds amazing! Alas, you don't work for Julep: I assumed that "Liza" is the new birthstone polish. It's cut off in some of the pictures, but it says "aquamarine" next to it on the card from the Dallas meet up. (Silly you, expecting consistency from Julep, wrt the whole alternate thing :) ...)

-Eliza, who was pathetically excited to see her almost-name polish, but now wants a Her Real Name polish with green and blood and stone (and, also, maybe some holo. Because, if I'm playing Queen for the Day, there WILL be holo)
A couple of months ago I just had to pick up the polish with my daughter's name on it. She was even more tickled about it than I was. The name thing just gets me...glad to know I am not the only one.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Do they change the prices in the secret store when they open it to all Mavens (not just ones that took a box for the month)? I could have sworn that when I checked some blogs earlier, the soft focus trio was 14.99, and Nayeley was 6.99. Now they are 19.99 and 9.99. Does Julep always do that? Grr....

I was still able to get the 4 polishes (soft focus trio and Nayeley) for a total of $19.99 after using the TAKE10 code. I'm a grandmothered in Maven, so I don't get to switch out any choices in the box, and I really didn't like any of the pre-assigned box choices this month.

Also, I'm disappointed at the birthstone choice. boo <_<

I've been a maven for several years, would be "grandfathered in" but have instead opted to pay three months @ a time so that I can choose my items. I can still skip anytime - & have many times - but this month for the first time I somehow totally spaced out & totally forgot to customize my box. I sort of know why, there was a problem w/ my billing last month - a screw up on my bank's part - which resulted in my not getting my February box until after the 20th. So...I was annoyed w/ myself but glad that the items in my set box (Boho glam) were at least things I would use & one polish I would have even chosen (Ali). & figured I'd have a chance to add-on a lipstick & the clear liner (I'm almost our if one I have) on coming months. Takes far more than that for me to really stress out, ya know? I only wish it was the worst stress in my life!

But that's just the background...

The crazy part came when I just opened my box. Imagine my surprise when I opened it to find:

Ali (what I thought I'd be getting in Boho Glam box)

Nedra (the other color I might gave chosen had I not spaced out...not what "should" have been in my box)

Get in Line Invisible Lip Liner (yes, the thing I was bummed to have missed out on!)

Creme Lipstick in Primp (again the new lippie...& in one of the two shades that's most "me"!)

Illume in Rise & Shine (the pink shade I didn't get last month & def would gave gotten @ some point as I really like the champagne one)

Perhaps I should space out & forget to customize more often! I was/ am a happy maven:)

Has anyone else had this sort of thing happen?

I know that people get gold/ super-sized boxes on occasion w/ either all polishes or all polishes & products - I received one w/ the polish collection version several years ago - but my "special box" seems so random! I wonder if they ran out of certain things - the polish I "should" have rec'd & the thin liquid liner - & compensated by adding lots of other things? Seems odd though. No note or card/ enclosure of any sort explaining. In my case it worked out great so I am NOT complaining but still rather mystified.

Anyone else have this happen? This month or on the past?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone considering the Lucky Mystery Box? I like one of the shades, but I'm not sure I would be happy with much else in the box unless it was a recent cosmetic product like the orbital shadows or one of the  lip luxes.

Is anyone considering the Lucky Mystery Box? I like one of the shades, but I'm not sure I would be happy with much else in the box unless it was a recent cosmetic product like the orbital shadows or one of the  lip luxes.
It is tempting. The colors looks nice, but latetly I haven't been painting my nails very much. I also have never purchased their mistery boxes, so I'm a little apprehensive about it. I did get this months box and I really like the lip liner, the lipstick is ok and Nayley's application is a little messy.

Help! Did anyone receive their lip liner yet? I got my box today but I can't get the lid off the lip liner! I'm wondering if I'm just ridiculously weak or if they glued it on. Besides that the colors are gorgeous and my extra for 3+ add ons is Francis.

Help! Did anyone receive their lip liner yet? I got my box today but I can't get the lid off the lip liner! I'm wondering if I'm just ridiculously weak or if they glued it on. Besides that the colors are gorgeous and my extra for 3+ add ons is Francis.
I got mine & it was ridiculously hard to get the lid off. I didn't want to break the lid or the liner itself. It took a little work & concentration but it did finally come off. Just make sure you don't push the lid back on tight & it'll come off with ease after that.

I had the same problem. Just keep trying. I was surprise how hard it was as well.

This morning I tried to sharpen the lip liner. It was another story... keep breaking off. I wil have to find diffrent sharpner.

Anyone going for the mystery box for a chance to name your own nail polish? I just got an email that says that 4 lucky recipients of this box will get a chance to name their own polish.

Latest posts

Back