Julep New Years 2013 Mystery box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine says mystery box 1 but it contains foot soak, mascara, glitter polish, a nail file, tons of packets, and then cindy, georgia, lauren, and sienna. I'm definitely really happy with it for 20 dollars! Is this the same "mystery box 1" others received? 

Originally Posted by wendysueperstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got box 4 and it did not have a mascara.  It had a blue glitter pot. Hmmm... I guess the numbers didn't really matter.  I was quite happy with my box all in all.  I mean, it was definitely worth the $20.  It had 5 polishes, a few of the nail polish remover pads, a few of the packets of glycolic scrub, the full size spf 30 for face and hands and the julep bag.
i agree, i don't think the box numbers really distinguish the contents of the box. i got box 4 with blue glitter pot as well, no mascara. what colors did you get?

finally got mine! box 2...

Mascara, foot soak, nail file, 3 polish remover pads, 1 hand brightener sample, and these polishes: stella, sienna, georgia, cindy, and the mystery glitter color.

I just received box 2. the mystery glitter is also unwrapped, but i'm not too worried. mine looks like a glitter you would see during halloween..lots of silver, reds, orange and black. cant say im entirely impressed with my box...just motivates me to be artsy with my new colors. I did need a new mascara, and glad to see it in my box, how does this one hold up? has anyone tried it?

My glitters have never come sealed, just in a plastic container. Personally I don't think they're tampered with, but that's just me.

Did anyone els's mystery glitter polish come unwrapped? Mine looked tampered with.
Julep only recently started plastic wrapping the bottles. I would assume that these mystery colors are from before the plastic wrap came about.

Originally Posted by maeiland /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Julep only recently started plastic wrapping the bottles. I would assume that these mystery colors are from before the plastic wrap came about.
I kind of wish they wouldn't, or would be more environmentally friendly about it. : I keep thinking about how much waste cosmetics wrapping produce. It's sort of disheartening. /soapbox

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I kind of wish they wouldn't, or would be more environmentally friendly about it. : I keep thinking about how much waste cosmetics wrapping produce. It's sort of disheartening. /soapbox
I think it's one of those tricky things. When they didn't wrap them people freaked out about it and were throwing hissy fits on FB stating how un-hygenic it was, how all their stuff was tampered with all and all sorts of overblown drama. So I feel like they had to start doing that, because people were just being so entitled about it all.

Plus since they paired up with Sephora and the like, it makes it easier for the stores to sell their products since they have the safety seals on them. Personally it never bothered me that the stuff wasn't sealed, because I knew where it was coming from. But it also looks nicer if you're giving their products as a gift, because then they just look nicer and obviously are brand new instead of sort of looking like they're regifted even if they're brand new.

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it's one of those tricky things. When they didn't wrap them people freaked out about it and were throwing hissy fits on FB stating how un-hygenic it was, how all their stuff was tampered with all and all sorts of overblown drama. So I feel like they had to start doing that, because people were just being so entitled about it all.

Plus since they paired up with Sephora and the like, it makes it easier for the stores to sell their products since they have the safety seals on them. Personally it never bothered me that the stuff wasn't sealed, because I knew where it was coming from. But it also looks nicer if you're giving their products as a gift, because then they just look nicer and obviously are brand new instead of sort of looking like they're regifted even if they're brand new.
No, I completely understand, but especially since Julep's bottle shape, there is a way to use way less plastic than they've been using. I feel like we're verging towards wasteful. :

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From a hygenic standpoint since they're selling the product in retail outlets this makes sense to have some form of a tamper proof seal on the product. I don't know what Sephora's rules about tamper-proof seals are, but it might be something that they needed to do in order to have the polishes sold in xyz retail outlet(s). For example, the company I work for sells our product in a sealed package, but when certain customers purchase it, we are required to shrink-wrap the items or the customer won't even consider buying it. So it's entirely possible that this is the case here. And instead of selectively shrink-wrapping some items for Sephora, its likely more cost effective to shrink-wrap everything.

The mystery polish is something they never intended to sell in a retail outlet, hence the lack of a tamper-proof seal since they're the only ones distributing it.

I was wrong about not getting any repeats.  I believe the Lucy is just a replacement name for Lindsay.  Anyway, I'll take two oxblood/burgundy cremes any day.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by JuliaS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box is still showing as processing, but I came home from work and it was on my doorstep. I've never ordered from Julep, so everything is new to me. I got Mystery box #4

- Pedi Creme

- Boho Glam Mascara

- Lauren

- Dendrie

- Cindy

- Annie

- Mystery glitter polish

- 3 packettes of polish remover & 2 of hand creme
I got the exact same box, 3 of the polishes are dupes for me and I am glad to get both the Pedi Creme and Mascara so it was worth the $20 I spent and I plan on saving the dupe polishes for gifts later on.

I just got my order, I got mystery box 3.

Mystery box3:

mystery glitter

Sandra

Melissa

matte top coat

gwyneth

brant

blue glitter pot

best peddi cream

2 packets of glycolic hand scrub

2 packets one step polish remover pads
Its not the best, but its not the worst. Overall im happy with what I got for $20.00

I got mine! 6 colors and i love them! I got the spf 30 hand cream but don't need it being that I'm deep skin tone and have a bazillion bath and body works lotions lol!

Back