Quantcast

Julep October 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
What are your hopes and dreams for October? 

I'd love to see some dark green-greys, maybe with shimmer. Some autumn-y duochromes!

meaganola

Uh Huh Her
Reaction score
Halloweeny microglitterbomb! Think America the Beautiful in black/gunmetal/silver with, like, black cats/bats and silver skulls.

Reaction score
Quote: Originally Posted by hdmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Definitely want more green!

I second this one.   I am still looking for my perfect green.  I want a deep emerald green with no glitter with a metallic sheen to it.

Reaction score
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What are your hopes and dreams for October? 

I'd love to see some dark green-greys, maybe with shimmer. Some autumn-y duochromes!

It's not even a week into September and you had to start an October thread!  

Reaction score
Quote: Originally Posted by jrenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...But Julep isn't like Birchbox or Ipsy. The window for picking the next box opens in two weeks exactly o_O I don't think that's jumping the gun. The BB Sept thread was active way before 2 weeks the 10th reveal.

Reaction score
I want metallic green ... a dupe for Chanel's Alchimie ... I think I have posted about it enough for you to all know this is my dream color! And JinSoon's Epidote. Other colors ... I NEED a medium to dark basic purple ... I like to match my nail colors to some of my clothes and it seems I have a lot of fall purple colors and didn't realize it. I love the idea of a glitterbomb for Halloween, but haven't noticed Julep jumping on that wagon except for patriotic shades. A deep rust glitter that I thought Tatiana was going to be. . but is not...

Reaction score
Quote: Originally Posted by hdmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Definitely want more green!

Reaction score
  Quote: Originally Posted by jrenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...But Julep isn't like Birchbox or Ipsy. The window for picking the next box opens in two weeks exactly o_O I don't think that's jumping the gun. The BB Sept thread was active way before 2 weeks the 10th reveal.

That's true.  But mentally, I'm still in August and have yet to start thinking about September (even though I got my Julep box) and also October!

... that being said, I do agree that I look forward to dark greens and shimmers!  

Reaction score
I remember last October being the crackles.  I had just started subscribing and skipped that month.  Seems like that was also the first time Julep offered an alternative box, kind of along the lines of the Maven's choice box.  I'm also remembering some cool jewelry.  Hopefully my mind is not must making this all up

For this October, I'd like a black glitter or complex shimmer of some sort.  A pumpkin orange textured polish, perhaps.  A rust jelly polish that is not sheer like the Rock Candy polishes, something with bold color but translucent.

Reaction score
Halloweeny microglitterbomb! Think America the Beautiful in black/gunmetal/silver with, like, black cats/bats and silver skulls.
I would love this! Julep, please make this!

Reaction score
I like the sounds of a shaped festive glitter! Anything except spiders!! I would actually love a leaf shaped glitter bomb too. Dark colors sounds good too, maybe with a few sheers with colored shimmers in them to round out the collection? I would also LOVE if we got jewelry for the extra. IMO they owe us an awesome extra this month since the last few were mega snooze-fests! I know it's an extra and all but the extras used to be what made me so excited about the boxes.

Reaction score
I want metallic green ... a dupe for Chanel's Alchimie ... I think I have posted about it enough for you to all know this is my dream color! And JinSoon's Epidote. Other colors ... I NEED a medium to dark basic purple ... I like to match my nail colors to some of my clothes and it seems I have a lot of fall purple colors and didn't realize it. I love the idea of a glitterbomb for Halloween, but haven't noticed Julep jumping on that wagon except for patriotic shades. A deep rust glitter that I thought Tatiana was going to be. . but is not...
I HAVE to tell you: I got my Jin Soon today & love it! The formula was amazing. If you are looking for an extra special treat for yourself (or to put on your holiday wish list) I would HIGHLY recommend Jin Soon. As for October wish list- I really don't know what I want! I've had a huge influx of fall colors, so I'll just check out what they offer!

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a burnt orange, a fall or Halloween glitter bomb would be nice, and I would like a reddy brown.

Reaction score
Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm hoping for a burnt orange, a fall or Halloween glitter bomb would be nice, and I would like a reddy brown.

I definitely think a burnt orange creme would be a good item to add to the collection, but what do you mean by red-y brown? Julep already has both Coco and Lucy for cremes, Caroline and Boris & Nicole for shimmers. did you mean lighter? Because there's Nan for cremes. I've had enough oxblood and burgundy tbh. :|

Reaction score
Quote: Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I HAVE to tell you: I got my Jin Soon today & love it! The formula was amazing. If you are looking for an extra special treat for yourself (or to put on your holiday wish list) I would HIGHLY recommend Jin Soon.
As for October wish list- I really don't know what I want! I've had a huge influx of fall colors, so I'll just check out what they offer!

Jess, do you order JASPER?

Reaction score
Quote: Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Maybe she meant a rust. A shimmer rust would be gorgeous!

WYes, it WOULD, Alicia!

Reaction score

I definitely think a burnt orange creme would be a good item to add to the collection, but what do you mean by red-y brown? Julep already has both Coco and Lucy for cremes, Caroline and Boris & Nicole for shimmers. did you mean lighter? Because there's Nan for cremes. I've had enough oxblood and burgundy tbh. :|

I mean lighter, a more khaki Nan maybe.  Nan is too red.  I don't want an oxblood or a burgundy.  I want a light brown, almost khaki, with red tones.  

Reaction score
I don't really wear many typical fall colors, so who knows if the October box will have anything for me. I'm still excited for it though and hoping for more neutrals (yawn, I know no one else is ;-))

Latest posts