Julep October 2014 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the Dark Arts box today even though I canceled (was a bit too late).  I can't see any Maven stuff when I log in so I think I am done, though I will have to harass them about refunding the two months I won't be getting.  Would've liked to stay but, yeah, my car died yesterday (engine conked out for good while I was in the middle of an intersection) and so I need to deal with car payments now.  Will have to cancel most subscriptions, though thankfully I have a huge stash of almost everything to work through and some Birchbox points to get things I don't have.
Sorry to hear that.

image.jpg

My box came today and I had to put DeAnn on right away. I will wait for colder weather to put Logan on.

I didn't get a shipping email this month, but my box showed up and everything was correct.  I've only swatched all the colors I got, but I am really loving them this month.  I got Margarita, Nancy & the add-on Tia.

Plus, the Edar Allen Poe quote is my absolute favorite they have ever sent out.

I was charged $60 even though I canceled.  I got the Dark Arts box and said, OK, well, I was pretty close to their dividing line when I canceled (plus, I like the polish) so I'll keep it.

I had previously been terrified of their CS (and their non-responses to e-mail are still bothersome) based on comments here and on Facebook.  But I just called in to try to get a credit for the two boxes I won't be getting (pressed 3 for billing) and maybe waited on hold for 15 seconds.  The guy I talked to was very helpful and said (1) my account is definitely canceled and there will be no more charges and (2) I'll get a refund back to my original method of payment in 2-10 business days.  That works for me.

If it helps anyone else, I called at 6:35 PM Eastern.  I don't know if time of day matters or not.  But anyway, both of the times I've called them, I've gotten a decent response and had a reasonable wait time.  So it's not all horror stories.

Even though their email auto reply says you will get a response in 24 hours, I just got a response to my email from 5 days ago where I asked why my box hasn't shipped yet (since then I got a shipping email).  They replied saying "that orders take 1-2 days to process."  They just make no sense.  My tracking only updated today and shows my box was not shipped until yesterday.  1-2 days from when?  Oh well, whatever.  I think what upsets people the most with Julep is that there's no consistency from month to month.  Last month, my box came really early, this month really late. 

In other news, they added another mystery box and I want nothing to do with that, especially now that they are pretty upfront about sending old, expired products in mystery boxes.  I'm still mad about my nasty serum from the last one.  Someone in the JS group screen capped a twitter post from Julep saying the mystery box was fall colors but they took it down right away.  Seems shady.

In other news, they added another mystery box and I want nothing to do with that, especially now that they are pretty upfront about sending old, expired products in mystery boxes.  I'm still mad about my nasty serum from the last one.  Someone in the JS group screen capped a twitter post from Julep saying the mystery box was fall colors but they took it down right away.  Seems shady.
That does seem shady.

Even though their email auto reply says you will get a response in 24 hours, I just got a response to my email from 5 days ago where I asked why my box hasn't shipped yet (since then I got a shipping email).  They replied saying "that orders take 1-2 days to process."  They just make no sense.  My tracking only updated today and shows my box was not shipped until yesterday.  1-2 days from when?  Oh well, whatever.  I think what upsets people the most with Julep is that there's no consistency from month to month.  Last month, my box came really early, this month really late. 

My box shipped today. The 7th. When their website says boxes ship on the 27th. So mine shipped a full ten days later than their own website says. I wouldn't be disappointed if they hadn't put on their own website when they start shipping. But man, this is soo late

My box shipped today. The 7th. When their website says boxes ship on the 27th. So mine shipped a full ten days later than their own website says. I wouldn't be disappointed if they hadn't put on their own website when they start shipping. But man, this is soo late
Exactly.  For me personally, the ability to customize doesn't offset the extra costs (month to month and/or increase in add-ons) and unpredictable shipping.  

Is Shailene in your box?  Supposedly they ran out.  I wonder if that was part of the delay in mine shipping.

"and no raisins, we promise" everyone go look at the Julep website and see the ad for it and tell me what you think.   what does that mean?  haha

yeah, doesn't it say something like "Halloween-y?" (the ad for the mystery box)?  Sounds tempting but ugh I will probably have to pass, as I would just expect old beauty product now.  

I just received the Halloween email, *yawns*. Trick and Treat. Sounds super vague to me.

Exactly.  For me personally, the ability to customize doesn't offset the extra costs (month to month and/or increase in add-ons) and unpredictable shipping.  

Is Shailene in your box?  Supposedly they ran out.  I wonder if that was part of the delay in mine shipping.
Shailene IS in my box, but she's showing in my order history so hopefully they don't replace her!

Shailene IS in my box, but she's showing in my order history so hopefully they don't replace her!
I bet you anything that's why our boxes are shipping so late.  Just make sure to check yours right away because tons of girls in the Julep Swap group said theirs were awful - thick and gummy, couldn't fix with thinner.  Fingers crossed ours are ok!

I think the only polishes I actually used from the mystery boxes, were the ones they made special and advertised in the boxes like they used to do. It's just never worth it, and they always say these will be better, and they never are. Don't fall for it!

"and no raisins, we promise" everyone go look at the Julep website and see the ad for it and tell me what you think.   what does that mean?  haha
When you were little and went trick or treating and got raisins from someone, it was supposed to be disappointing. So they're implying it's all the good stuff (candy) and no bad stuff (raisins). :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I still haven't got the shipment tracking e-mail for my October Box. Is that normal? I can see some ladies here already received their October box. 

I still haven't got the shipment tracking e-mail for my October Box. Is that normal? I can see some ladies here already received their October box. 
They are out of Shailene, Cat decals and possibly some/all of the It Girl polishes, so if you picked any of those they are waiting to ship until they get more.

Back