Julep October 2014 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks @@flynt!

Here's the new updated list. If everything is correct these are the polish names for The Black Magic Collection.

Boho Glam

• Marla
  • Briana
  • Julep Lip Gloss - Polished
Bombshell

• Night Shift Sleeping Mask
  • Margarita
  • Nancy
Classic With A Twist

• DeAnn
  • Logan
It Girl

• Shailene
  • Ledi
  • Dana
Modern Beauty

• Lip Gloss
Maven Luxe

• Night Night Overnight Repair for Hands
  • Julep Lip Gloss - Splendid
Polish Lover

1. Marla
  2. Briana
  3. Margarita
  4. Nancy
  5. DeAnn
  6. Logan
  7. Shailene
  8. Ledi
  9. Dana

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's Maven Luxe:

• Night Night Overnight Repair for Hands
  • Julep Lip Gloss - Splendid

I'll be customizing that for SURE. I already have the hand repair and I want the new product. I have plenty of lip stuff from last month. Oy.

Just tried and was able to edit my box early.  Went with one called "The Dark Arts" because I don't have anything remotely like the contents:

• Glam Roc (It Girl): Midnight purple & gold stardust (matte glitter)
  • Cleopatra (Bombshell): Black latex crème (no actual latex in formula)
  • Estelle (Boho Glam): Midnight black with holographic shimmer
  • Oxygen Performance Top Coat: A breathable, fast-dry top coat with major shine and stamina.
  • White Chevron Nail Decals: Zig zags stick on & look great with or without polish.
Julep is STILL showing I have one prepaid month left after this.  Only, I was one of the people with the "3 months for $16.97" deal and this is already my fifth month.  Oh well.

As a blogger, I absolutely hate how they did the swatch photos this month, just in terms of the big square photo with the 4 circle swatches in it. Otherwise, I actually kind of like the polishes this month.

I went with Bombshell this month and added on Tia.  I hope I like the sleeping mask since I've never tried one before.  

I happened to wake up at 6:15AM on a Saturday and decided I may as well check the Maven window before going back to sleep LOL. I was expecting not to want anything from this collection but I ended up liking enough of the offerings to customize a box. I picked 2 polishes, Ledi and Dana, and also the Lip Crayon in Almond Nude from last month. I'm pretty happy with these selections :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As a blogger, I absolutely hate how they did the swatch photos this month, just in terms of the big square photo with the 4 circle swatches in it. Otherwise, I actually kind of like the polishes this month.
I'm with you on that. Also as a blogger I wish they would go back to referrals being Jule points rather than a $15 credit. 1) The credits can't be stacked. 2) You have to spend more to use it. 3) You can't use it to pay for a subscription box. At least with the Jules we bloggers use to be able to score boxes for free to review. I'm using the last of my Jules to get the ultimate package however I may change my mind and skip since using it would leave me with 1600 Jules which can't pay for a box next month.

Says it's already paid for so I chose a box, otherwise I would've skipped. I picked the sleep mask (seriously, it's just night cream lol), Dana and Shailene. Had 750 Jules so I got the mystery add on too. Not really excited about any if it, but it's free so whatevs. I do think they're doing a great job with the prepackaged boxes each month, they are always an awesome value.

I decided to get the Dark Arts box and added on Dana. I was thinking of skipping, but I don't have any dupes of those polishes and October is my birthday month so decided to just go for it.

Gah.  I want it all (well, I could pass on DeAnn) plus the black cat decals!  I'm going to go with It Girl plus Logan and four sets of the kitties (I have Halloween gift packages to put together, and these would be *perfect*!) now, and then I'll see how this weekend shakes out spending-wise.  And/or BPAL-selling wise.

There were some great selections this month - I was pleasantly surprised.  I had one free box left this month so I selected "It Girl" and then used Jules to get the "Classic With a Twist" box (wanted to try the mask).  I did Tia and Marla as add-ons and had enough Jules for one of them.  So I'm getting the mask and 7 polishes for $6.99!  Managed to get every single polish I wanted this month by ordering the way I did - and I still didn't have to upgrade to the customized box plan or buy the polish upgrade - not too shabby!

Says it's already paid for so I chose a box, otherwise I would've skipped. I picked the sleep mask (seriously, it's just night cream lol), Dana and Shailene. Had 750 Jules so I got the mystery add on too. Not really excited about any if it, but it's free so whatevs. I do think they're doing a great job with the prepackaged boxes each month, they are always an awesome value.
Thanks for this reminder (just a night cream) I was over thinking it. :) easier skip for me since I have so many night creams I need to use and the mask was my deciding factor for the box.

I really hate how their blog was set up this month. I absolutely HATE slideshows. I'd much rather see everything on one page.

I have 2750 jules to use up. I considered The Dark Arts, but decided to go with It Girl. For now I have Cynthia added on to use up the 750 points plus the chevron and black cat decals along with Tia.

Not a single polish that I like and don't already have a dupe of ... and I have 5500 Jules to use. Maybe next month ...

I don't have any Jules worth anything because I haven't taken a box since July? I forget, and I haven't done a Polish Lovers Upgrade since May I think. But I went for the upgrade this month. And added on Tia. I've been wanting the new Zoya Entice and Ignite collections so much recently, but some of these look similar and for about $5 each, they're cheaper too. Also Dana is probably getting here 4 years later than my last black light party, but I have to have it anyways! I'm glad I'm able to get a box finally to review, I've felt bad for my readers not having a Julep box review the last couple months.

So many dupes! WTH, Julep?

I still have a free box (??) so I grabbed another to get 2 night creams/sleep masks plus Tia and the cat decals.

I'm still pissy that I don't have my September box yet. I feel another CS email coming on...

I love it when it's so easy to skip. Not that I don't like the colors. I like them so much that I already have at least one dupe for each (based on the swatches at least).

Back