Julep October 2014 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooo, just read that the beauty product is a

sleep mask
So I may have to take my box after all, I am obsessed with them!
oooo that sounds exciting! But i'm usually a sucker for Julep's beauty products, I swear that's what keeping me mostly interested at this point lol 

Oooo, just read that the beauty product is a
sleep mask
So I may have to take my box after all, I am obsessed with them!
I love the *idea* of them.  But I have three that I don't use. 

Because I started flinging them off while I slept.  I found them in between my covers, under my pillows, on the floor, even in the trash can next to my bed (but thankfully not in the litter box on the other side of the bed).

(Comment in spoiler tags because it would kind of give away what the item is...)

Really dumb question....

Is this sleep mask a cloth thing that covers your eyes and blocks out light (people wear 'em on airplanes)?  Or a skincare thing that you put on your face overnight?

I ask because I googled 'sleep mask' and got a whole bunch of eye covers. It seemed like an unusual thing for Julep to be doing.

Really dumb question....

Is this sleep mask a cloth thing that covers your eyes and blocks out light (people wear 'em on airplanes)?  Or a skincare thing that you put on your face overnight?

I ask because I googled 'sleep mask' and got a whole bunch of eye covers. It seemed like an unusual thing for Julep to be doing.
I agree.  What is it exactly?  

We may have to wait until the 20th to see.  I'm not sure if I'm interested or not.  :unsure2:

Really dumb question....

Is this sleep mask a cloth thing that covers your eyes and blocks out light (people wear 'em on airplanes)? Or a skincare thing that you put on your face overnight?

I consider it the first thing but it could be anything. I only saw the comment about it being the new product from a girl who went to a maven event (and took the spoiler pic of the polishes) and that was all she said. My guess is that for them to be doing one it will have some kind of anti aging or skin benefits to it? I have all kinds of different fancy ones but my favorite is the one from popsugar a few months ago.

I consider it the first thing but it could be anything. I only saw the comment about it being the new product from a girl who went to a maven event (and took the spoiler pic of the polishes) and that was all she said. My guess is that for them to be doing one it will have some kind of anti aging or skin benefits to it? I have all kinds of different fancy ones but my favorite is the one from popsugar a few months ago.
Interesting - I assumed it would be the second one!

I love the *idea* of them. But I have three that I don't use.

Because I started flinging them off while I slept. I found them in between my covers, under my pillows, on the floor, even in the trash can next to my bed (but thankfully not in the litter box on the other side of the bed).

(Comment in spoiler tags because it would kind of give away what the item is...)
Too Funny!! I do the same thing,, I actually found mine in the shower one morning.. Lol!!

Since this is a spoiler thread, I'm skipping the spoiler tags.  That's why it's a spoiler thread, after all!

I'm not sure whether I'm hoping it's a sleep-inducing aromatherapy mask or not.  If it's not, I can breathe a sigh of relief and pass.  If it is, I will probably have to grit my teeth and get it!  I have major problems falling asleep.  I will try pretty much anything to conk out except reading.  That's not a sleep-inducing thing for me.  It's time travel!  I pick up a book, and it's suddenly three hours later!  And then I get so caught up in the story even after I put the book down that my mind pickpickpicks at it for far too long after I crawl into bed.  It's completely normal for it to take me at least an hour to fall asleep.  (And it's not a new development, either.  This has been going on for as long as I can remember.)

Since this is a spoiler thread, I'm skipping the spoiler tags.  That's why it's a spoiler thread, after all!

I'm not sure whether I'm hoping it's a sleep-inducing aromatherapy mask or not.  If it's not, I can breathe a sigh of relief and pass.  If it is, I will probably have to grit my teeth and get it!  I have major problems falling asleep.  I will try pretty much anything to conk out except reading.  That's not a sleep-inducing thing for me.  It's time travel!  I pick up a book, and it's suddenly three hours later!  And then I get so caught up in the story even after I put the book down that my mind pickpickpicks at it for far too long after I crawl into bed.  It's completely normal for it to take me at least an hour to fall asleep.  (And it's not a new development, either.  This has been going on for as long as I can remember.)
I know what you mean (especially with the reading), only for me it's been very recent--the last two weeks have been like torture with falling asleep for me, I can take any help I can get.  This morning when my husband left for work (and I was up at 7AM on a day off) he took my phone from me and made me put on a sleep mask.....and it worked, I slept like a baby for like 3 more hours, it was glorious! 

Still waiting on my September order, such is life... :wacko:
I posted this in the Julep FB group, but since you mentioned shipping issues, you might be interested to know! http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/17/6334533/online-retailers-ftc-shipping-rules

This week, the FTC announced new rules that require online shipment companies to have a "reasonable basis" for their estimated shipping dates, and for them to ship an item within 30 days if no date is set. Helpful, but the kicker is this: if the company misses the shipping date, or doesn't set one and misses the 30-day cut-off, customers must be informed and provide consent for the delay. If the company doesn't receive consent — even if the customer simply doesn't respond — it must automatically refund the purchase. Any time between when the customer consents to the delay and the item ships, the customer can cancel the order for a full refund.

The rule starts in early December, probably to account for the Christmas season, but basically Julep is going to be held more accountable for all the shipping issues they've been dealing with.

It seems like the names of the polishes/product in the boxes is now on the Julep website (under Order History). The product is, indeed, what everyone on here thinks it is. The polishes in my CWT box are named DeAnn and Logan.

I'm new to Makeup Talk, and I always look forward to the Julep spoilers from you all over here. I joined to participate in the discussions, since they are so fascinating. See you around!

10402428_10202916382979678_6715108832053083295_n.jpg

UGGH, I just realized that I never finished posting this yesterday after needing to abandon my mostly written message to go to work, and now, after rewriting it, I think I just closed/lost the window, Grrr. So, the quick and dirty version: I see Kelly already got the main, full-collection picture coveted, but I didn't see anyone with the picture of just the sleep mask: I am really sorry if I missed it! Also, i was amused by their VERY still- in-template-form post.

A few grabs in case they take it down and/ or, like, write it:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok not what I thought at all for a sleep mask lol. Skippy skip skip! And how many freaking lip glosses are they going have?!

Me too. LOL I'm still mad about Jewel Heist but this collection is calling my name.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back