Julep Shipping- Crap now or what?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The deception is in the wording. They used the wording "ANY purchase" yet if someone wanted to buy something specific that already was on sale they couldn't.

Example, the Sparkle Trio lip gloss set was free with ANY purchase. Click on the front page link and it took you to that day's sale where you could click on the gloss and add it to your cart. Then if the sale was indeed for ANY purchase then even the sale items ($4.99 nail polish) should have been included but it wasn't as those were actually excluded and therefore the advertisement for "ANY purchase" was false and misleading.
I was able to purchase items already on sale and get free with any purchase things.

I tried with Zoe and couldn't use the code. I could use the code if I added a 2nd Sparks lip trio so the code did work but not on Zoe and other $4.99 polishes.

I saw people in the Julep fb group make purchases with the $5 items, but it looks like at some point during that promo they added coding that excluded the sale items. That's weird, and lame. Shady, in the same vein as when they had that big 40% off everything sale... and got rid of the maven pricing and increased the price of all the add-ons. I do hate when they do things like that but then they go and have actual sales and win me back with $2 polishes. I just can't quit them.

Ladies,  over a year ago I subscribed to Julep long enough to get one free box, purchase a handful of products at a decent price, then cancel.  The first regular month's box was a serious hassle to skip.  I swear every day Julep sent me an email for one reason or another.  The product was inconsistent in the way it performed from one tube to the next and that struck me as odd.  Some tubes of their nail polish was amazing and others were awful.  To this day I do not regret my decision to cancel and I am in no way tempted to re-subscribe.  

... I've had really bad luck with Julep shipping. My Naughty or Nice box, which I ordered weeks ago, barely shipped, and a previous order was lost by FedEx. I'm canceling my Macen subscription this month.

Still have no received a tracking for my January order despite payment taken from my Paypal account on the 27th. Emailing customer service. Getting sick of having to contact customer service for one thing or another.

I placed an order and included the Savvy Surprise on Dec 26, 2014. The email confirmation stated that orders usually shipped out in one business day and that it takes 5-10 business days to receive. Fine, much of the order was for my bf’s bday on Jan 16th, I figured there was plenty of time (even with the 2 holidays). As of Jan 7th I hadn’t received a shipping notification so I emailed customer service who advised that they hadn’t received shipping notice and that I should have the tracking number by the 9th. That wasn’t the most helpful of information as what I wanted to know was if it had actually shipped, so I called. The rep was very very nice, but what it boils down to is this: one of the polishes was out of stock. So, they didn’t ship until yesterday (and the polish is STILL out of stock and it will take 2-10 days to get a credit for that polish). The rep did say that if I didn’t receive in time to call them and they would credit me for the full amount (but she wasn’t able to do that at this time because it already shipped?) and I could go ahead and keep it, nice, but honestly that’s just not the point. I don’t want to get free stuff. I just want to get the things I pay for in a decent time frame and if that can’t be done I want them to NOTIFY ME and give me the option to cancel then and there. It’s frustrating that I have to contact them to hunt down my products. As I’m typing this I got a shipping email…will be here the 17th. A day too late. Grrrr. Never again.

Back