Julep Shipping- Crap now or what?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

button6004

Glitter and Pink
Reaction score
Okay, is it just me, or is shipping becoming even worse?

I ordered something from the secret store app and I didnt even know if it went through because it took almost a week before the confirmation email came.  Then almost another week before shipping confirmation.  So they send me an apology email with a code for a free polish, which I immediately order.

Its been 5 days and no shipping email? What gives? I ordered ONE polish.  I do not recall it taking this long for something to ship in the past.  Am I mistaken or is it getting worse?

It's been pretty bad for a while. I think around may or so it took about 5 days to get a shipping email and then another week to arrive. I don't remember the confirmations coming so slowly though.

On their free member shipping, it does say it's 5-10 business days for the shipping -- I'm guessing that for the item to arrive. If you have it longer, you should definitely complain to them. :/

It's been pretty bad for a while. I think around may or so it took about 5 days to get a shipping email and then another week to arrive. I don't remember the confirmations coming so slowly though.

On their free member shipping, it does say it's 5-10 business days for the shipping -- I'm guessing that for the item to arrive. If you have it longer, you should definitely complain to them. :/
Oh, I'm not talking about the actual shipping time- from when it leaves to when it arrives.  I'm talking about how long it is taking for the items to even leave Julep. 

It shouldnt take nearly 2 weeks for them to mail out the item.  It shouldnt take even 5 days for a single item to be mailed out. Seriously?

Just dropping by to say that the shipping has gotten alot better. At least for me.

I just ordered some polishes from them on Wednesday. Got them today.

That's pretty quick IMO.

Hope it's getting better for everyone else. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The shipping to Canada is amazing. I usually get my orders in less than a week now. I remember my first order with them took 3 weeks to arrive. I have to give it to Julep - their service really has improved.

Since they stopped shipping by air and had to go to ground, and then started using Fed Ex smart post, and THEN went to shipping everything out of Ohio all of my Julep stuff takes 2-3 weeks to get up to me in Alaska. I used to get it in 2-3 days when they were sending it by air from Seattle, so it's quite the wait now. Most of the time I don't mind (many places won't ship polish to me period) but I do miss getting my stuff faster. Especially when it is something like a mystery box and I have the added level of suspense :p

I HATE FedEx Smart Post. When I lived in WA all my stuff came from WA and then sometimes some would come from Ohio. Now that I'm in MA all my stuff comes from Ohio and FedEx lost my Diamond Mystery Box for several days. It finally showed up today and I'm absolutely convinced that something happened to the original packaging and I'm missing my Matte Top Coat. (See the Diamond thread for my full rant there.) I get why they can't ship air but FedEx Smart Post in on my ish list right now.

The title of this thread makes me laugh every time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My Julep shipping used to be lighting fast for boxes and fine for everything else (nothing to rave about, but nothing to complain about either). Now it seems slow for everything. I'm not surprised, since I live on the west coast so obviously shipping from Ohio will take longer. I can see how it's probably better for people everywhere besides the West Coast and PNW.

Shipping was fast for my first and free box. Ordered it on Saturday and it's here a day earlier than projected.

I HATE FedEx Smart Post. When I lived in WA all my stuff came from WA and then sometimes some would come from Ohio. Now that I'm in MA all my stuff comes from Ohio and FedEx lost my Diamond Mystery Box for several days. It finally showed up today and I'm absolutely convinced that something happened to the original packaging and I'm missing my Matte Top Coat. (See the Diamond thread for my full rant there.) I get why they can't ship air but FedEx Smart Post in on my ish list right now.
Speaking of this (not related to julep) but my Zoya Mystery box just went from MD (about 2 hr drive from where I live) to WV (about 6 hour drive from where I live). Thanks, FedEx SP.

Julep has been much better recently. I think an order I placed on BF came on the Tuesday or Wed after. I was very surprised, lol

I got my Gem Collection today from whenever that $25 code was working.  I *also* got a set of 6 polishes today that I ordered the next day or so after I ordered the Gem Collection.  I was surprised to see either of them, truthfully.  Tracking said they wouldn't be here until Tuesday.

Too bad the nail polish rack (my 3rd) I ordered from Amazon arrived broken and I had to send it back.  I could really use it right about now...

I got the birthstone collection with the $25 deal and shipping estimate is Jan 20. Julep is killing me over a month for my pretties.

I got the birthstone collection with the $25 deal and shipping estimate is Jan 20. Julep is killing me over a month for my pretties.
Wow, because all the orders I placed after Black Friday (including a $25 gem collection and three others) had arrived by the Monday before Christmas.  Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble!

Wow, because all the orders I placed after Black Friday (including a $25 gem collection and three others) had arrived by the Monday before Christmas.  Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble!
Thanks, Julep used to ship so fast to me but in the past few months everything takes a month or more.

I still love Julep's polishes however there are a few things that have been bothering basically since September. I did stop promoting Julep from September until November when I thought Julep realized the error of their ways and fixed their problems but December showed me that nope, Julep will continue to be sneaky and deceptive. January is most likely my final box with them and I will email them requesting my credit card numbers to be removed.

The 12 Days of Gifting sales used the words/statement "ANY purchase". They did not include a disclaimer or disclosure, per law, on their front page stating there WERE indeed exclusions. The link on the front page went to that day's sale page where again the disclaimer/disclosure/exclusions were not listed. The ONLY place the exclusions were listed were directly on the product page - three clicks in. I might not be an expert on the law however I DO think it's shady of Julep to use the statement "ANY purchase" and not have the exclusions listed on the same page. Even tv commercials have in tiny, tiny font that there are exclusions or restrictions and Julep must make those exclusions and restrictions very clear from the get go. This happened almost every single day with the 12 Days of Gifting in which something was being sent for free with the purchase of something else.

I have filed a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General's office under deceptive advertising practices and the WA ATG is indeed looking at my complaint and are in the process of contacting Julep. I love Julep, I continue to buy Julep however in the last several months it seems that Julep has been doing things that are deceptive and misleading and that needs to stop. They use to be a fantastic brand but in the last 12 months or so things have radically changed at Julep and it's worse for the consumer.

Other things that bother me.

• Inability to cancel online - you must email or call them to cancel. Even after you cancel they may continue to charge your account.

• Inability to remove your credit cards - you must email or call them to get the cards removed. This I'm sure is violation of some credit card law and will need to do some research to find out if it is or isn't. I know under Federal law if you write a company to tell them to remove ALL your information from their databases they are required to do so which is why I'm sure that under Federal law there is a similar law unless that particular law covers it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Inability to remove your credit cards - you must email or call them to get the cards removed. This I'm sure is violation of some credit card law and will need to do some research to find out if it is or isn't. I know under Federal law if you write a company to tell them to remove ALL your information from their databases they are required to do so which is why I'm sure that under Federal law there is a similar law unless that particular law covers it.
So at one point in time a long time ago I needed to cancel and was close to the deadline for a month but didn't have time to call in and deal with cancelling. So, what I did was just changed the expiration date on my CC info (idk if that option is still there or not) so that they wouldn't be able to process it. 

I 100% agree that its really shady of them to not let you remove your card info, but that's a little loophole that might still work for anyone who needs it.

Thanks, Julep used to ship so fast to me but in the past few months everything takes a month or more.
Maybe they were trying to be good so I'd sign up for a sub again (I quit in October).  Not going to do it, though.  I have like 150+ polishes and I should really focus on using them rather than acquiring more.

1. What deceptive 12 days of gifting things are you talking about? I totally missed that (the deception, I mean. I followed the sales pretty closely). I read your whole comment and still don't understand what they did that is deceptive.

2. [email protected]

2. Businesses are required to keep card information from past purchases for tax purchases, liability reasons, and to partially protect against chargebacks. The recommended time to keep these records varies, usually it's 7-10 years. The full card number is not written out on paper receipts, but companies do retain the information in some encrypted way. Keeping a card on your account is not illegal, and changing the expiration date is likely to do nothing. Banks can and sometimes do honor recurring charges made to recently expired cards. Cancel your account so that no new purchases are made, but understand that they can't completely remove information from past purchases.

1. What deceptive 12 days of gifting things are you talking about? I totally missed that (the deception, I mean. I followed the sales pretty closely). I read your whole comment and still don't understand what they did that is deceptive.
The deception is in the wording. They used the wording "ANY purchase" yet if someone wanted to buy something specific that already was on sale they couldn't.

Example, the Sparkle Trio lip gloss set was free with ANY purchase. Click on the front page link and it took you to that day's sale where you could click on the gloss and add it to your cart. Then if the sale was indeed for ANY purchase then even the sale items ($4.99 nail polish) should have been included but it wasn't as those were actually excluded and therefore the advertisement for "ANY purchase" was false and misleading.

Easier said than done, on several occasions they gave me the run around when I tried to cancel via email and told me I had to call in. It was finally after being persistent about my busy schedule that they budged.

Also I'm not terribly concerned about the card - its been well over a year since I did that and have never had an "honor charge" occur, I don't even think its a good card anymore.

Latest posts

Back