July Sign In!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I thought it would be a nice idea for everyone to sign in and see who's around.. say hello, how their summer is going etc.. etc.. I will start us off!

Hi! I am here almost everday.. summer is slow but at least i have off tomorrow! July has been pretty good! Saw 2 firework displays.. got my official divorce papers! (woohooo!) and generally doing OK!

cute idea and i'm glad you're doing okay, lauryn
icon_cheesygrin.gif

my summer's been okay. since i work full-time now, which i've never done, it takes up a lot of my time and i feel like i do nothing. i was supposed to go overseas to see my cousin get married, but i can't
frown.gif
now i just gotta get ready for my first year of college
redface.gif

Originally Posted by MacForMe Hey everyone! I thought it would be a nice idea for everyone to sign in and see who's around.. Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... I'm fairly new (I think it's been about a week)... here every single day/practically all day... learning lots so I'll probably stick around for a while... Summer sucks and I won't truly be happy again until my sweetie can bring his butt home for good (gotta luv the military)...

Originally Posted by QurlySq

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... I'm fairly new (I think it's been about a week)... here every single day/practically all day... learning lots so I'll probably stick around for a while... Summer sucks and I won't truly be happy again until my sweetie can bring his butt home for good (gotta luv the military)...

Signing in! I am not new and I am around allot to futher development of MakeupTalk! You all have seen me around, but if you don't know, my name is Tony, 38 years old, and I like short walks on the sunset lit beach that will lead to dinner, cuz I like to eat da' foodies!

Originally Posted by Charmaine

Hi, I'm Charmaine, and I'm an MuT addict! I am here every single day - part of my duty as a moderator. I love talking with everyone about everything! Anyway, as far as my summer, I'm taking two classes and they are starting to take a toll on me...at least one of them is ending soon. I was gonna go to California for a month after that, but I have a job interview tomorrow (YAY!) so I'm just going to stay here and go to the cape to go to the beach and stay with my bf and we might take a trip to Boston
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I can't believe we're already half-way through the summer
icon_cry.gif
I hate that feeling when I know fall is just around the corner and I have to take a few more classes before I'm done with school. Anyway, sorry I wrote too much...

This is a great idea, Lauryn! You really deserve my vote for MOTM for July
claps.gif

I voted for Lauryn
wink.gif

Kim here from Overallbeauty..I been busy getting ideas for Christmas, Yeah Christmas!..Only than that my youngest son moved back home with gf so we are all getting used to have 5 people in the house instead of 4.

Its hotter than hot now but I been real busy getting my roses in my front yard looking good. Been spending time planting flowers, pruning and whatnot. There is nothing like the feel of real dirt and life. I decided this year was going to be the year that my front looked better than ever..So planting and sometimes replanting cause a flower would not grow and just die on me. When you get flowers most don't really come with No Sun, little or All Sun so I have had them die from too much sunshine, but planting is like everything else it takes time to learn and we all make mistakes.

One thing I do know I must be doing a great job with my roses when a hunk of a guy going to a birthday next door stops and tells me that my roses are beautiful and look well-tended..Talk about making my day!

So thats my busy summer so far, Hey Charmaine enjoy California! You are going to love the beaches just don't get sunburned!
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Hi, I'm Charmaine, and I'm an MuT addict! I am here every single day - part of my duty as a moderator. I love talking with everyone about everything! Anyway, as far as my summer, I'm taking two classes and they are starting to take a toll on me...at least one of them is ending soon. I was gonna go to California for a month after that, but I have a job interview tomorrow (YAY!) so I'm just going to stay here and go to the cape to go to the beach and stay with my bf and we might take a trip to Boston
icon_cheesygrin.gif

icon_cry.gif
I hate that feeling when I know fall is just around the corner and I have to take a few more classes before I'm done with school. Anyway, sorry I wrote too much...

claps.gif

HI- Cindy signing in!

I pop in and out of here most days while I'm working.

My summer is going OK. It has been a very busy summer so far...Had a few family BBQ's, have four Birthday's coming up later this month, staying out of the sun (very fair redhead), still house hunting, working on cleaning out Mom's house and having a garage sale, looking into taking a class with my husband, plus all the misc. tasks in life.

I'm looking forward to summer being done with (hate the humidity) so I can go on my vacation in the fall! Yay! Vacation! Hicking, wandering and enjoying nature in the canyons of Southern Utah! Starting in Vegas and ending up in Denver.

Originally Posted by Charmaine Hi, I'm Charmaine, and I'm an MuT addict! I am here every single day - part of my duty as a moderator. I love talking with everyone about everything! Anyway, as far as my summer, I'm taking two classes and they are starting to take a toll on me...at least one of them is ending soon. I was gonna go to California for a month after that, but I have a job interview tomorrow (YAY!) so I'm just going to stay here and go to the cape to go to the beach and stay with my bf and we might take a trip to Boston
icon_cheesygrin.gif

icon_cry.gif

claps.gif

MMMWAHH! Charm.. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Checking in---

I'm here everyday a few minutes at a time, couple times throughout the day.

Hasn't really felt much like summer to me, because I've been working more than usual, but I have been taking little trips here and there. Tomorrow I leave for another mini-vacation until next week, so I guess it really isn't too bad.

Can't believe summer is already half over... life is just flying by...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Where are you mini-vacationing? Oops, sorry I didn't include it before...Couple of weeks ago I went to Upstate NY, close to Canada, but we didn't bring our passports so we couldn't cross over. Last weekend I went to Chicago from Friday until Monday. Tomorrow I leave for South Jersey for an "all-girls-getaway" for a week. In August, I hope to make it to Miami again and in September, if all works out well (crossing my fingers), Vegas Baby!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

hello everyone! i'm liz from california. i live on the central coast and it hasn't been too hot here. our weather is kind of weird though.

i'm here EVERY day! lol.

went out today with the bf in search of kittens. there were TONS, but didn't find one that we liked though. also went to the shooting range and shot a 9mm!!!
icon_eek.gif
that was fun. i was scared at first cause i've only shot smaller ones.

I'm almost sort of anxious for fall to come. I've been having a lot of insomnia this summer, and all the early morning light that floods the house starting at like 2am is just killing me. I have some big travel plans for the fall and winter, and I really don't have much planned for the summer. Oh, I signed up for art classes so starting next week I'll be doing a lot more art. So, I guess there's not much new happening for me this month.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl

I'm almost sort of anxious for fall to come. I've been having a lot of insomnia this summer, and all the early morning light that floods the house starting at like 2am is just killing me. I have some big travel plans for the fall and winter, and I really don't have much planned for the summer. Oh, I signed up for art classes so starting next week I'll be doing a lot more art. So, I guess there's not much new happening for me this month.

BUMP, let's go girls, sign in!

I am Marisol from San Francisco (well 20 minutes north of it) and I live on MUT. I would probably be here more if I could view it from work.
icon_redface.gif
My summer is going ok. Its really hot here (it was in the low 90's in my town) and I am ready for the fall too because just like suzukigrrl I have a bad case of insomnia due to the weather. UUGGHHH!! My plans for what is left of the summer is to go visit a friend in Southern Cali and maybe go back to Vegas. Besides that, I am just busy with work and trying to figure out if I am going to apply to grad school or not.

Hope everyone is having a kick a$$ summer.

My summer has been crazy so far because I am finishing my Associates Degree and trying to keep up with mu shopping
icon_rolleyes.gif
I have been here everyday almost but not as much as I would love to.... because of busy schedule. I am flying to Istanbul on Monday morning with my hubby and daughter for a whole month vacation. We'll be going to the west coast of Turkey to my family's beach house and to take a trip to Greece. I won't be on for a month starting 18th of July so I know I'll miss you guys.

Originally Posted by lilla

My summer has been crazy so far because I am finishing my Associates Degree and trying to keep up with mu shopping
icon_rolleyes.gif
I have been here everyday almost but not as much as I would love to.... because of busy schedule. I am flying to Istanbul on Monday morning with my hubby and daughter for a whole month vacation. We'll be going to the west coast of Turkey to my family's beach house and to take a trip to Greece. I won't be on for a month starting 18th of July so I know I'll miss you guys.

OooOh Lilla!! Can you check in here when you are there? Hopefully!!

My mom doesn't have internet
icon_cry.gif
My relatives do but I don't want to ask for internet while visiting relatives you know. I will go to an internet caffee a few times a week to check emails, my school's message board and also to check my account. I might be able to check in then
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) OooOh Lilla!! Can you check in here when you are there? Hopefully!!

Hi
smile.gif
I am polish girl living on east coast in the US
smile.gif
i actually am happy that summer is almost half way through. I work and I dont have many friends in my town... not much going on here, it is typical new england small town that is very boring and unstimulating...

I am working as a waitress. I like this job, the people there are really nice, and I am learning to be more outgoing. On the other hand, there is a lot of stress and I am worried about my poor feet sometimes. also... everyday looks so similar. work.. sitting at home.. going to the mall occasionally... no wonder i cannot wait to go back to school, see my friends, party, just hang out. I like to be alone, but too much alone time makes me think too much
icon_eek.gif

I am so glad internet was invented
wink.gif
it is the place where I can get some mind-stimulation, talk to people, create my little space where something is going on. I am here everyday, I also spend a lot of time on polish site that is similar to this one.

too much free time made me shopaholic
wink.gif
i buy so much makeup and clothes.. cause there is nothing else to do!
eek.gif

Lilla, I hope you have a safe & fun trip! I wish I were going out that way again this summer, but no chance of that happening now. Enjoy!

Hi, I'm Leony from Japan. I thought I was going to apply for my student Visa, but I changed my mind.

Currently I'm obsessed with books! Yes I already read about 15 books this month.

I read many kinds of books, including Novel, Beauty & Health and Art books.

I have to admit that I hate summer. I'd prefer staying inside the house, reading books, doing something fun and creative instead of going outside, feel the summer-sun, blah.

I'm very sensitive with direct sun light, I can never stand, staying outside with direct sunlight for more than half an hour or I'm going to get my headaches worse if I do that.

I can't wait for Fall ..

Latest posts

Back