June 2012 No-Buy Support Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't have a bag open currently!! Also I've banned myself from opening any more bags until like...december, hahah.
Let me know when you do, we can work together. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My train case arrived! I just finished putting everything into it.

I went with the pink color because the black was a little blah, to me at least.

All loaded up with tons of makeup! 

Here's the bad part: a smallish shoebox full of overflow. Most of this stuff is backups of things like foundation, powder, primers, lip balm, highlighters, etc.  

I think it is pretty clear that I don't need to buy any more makeup for a VERY long time. 

Ha, I was just thinking about that train case. I'm contemplating buying one when I'm allowed to buy stuff. My caboodle train case is kind of wonky right now, though it could be due to being chock full of makeup I don't use right now and samples.

I decided that I'm extending my no-buy to late August or the first of September since I'm not going to summer school. I'm not going to have any income for June or July so I need to be better with the money I do have.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ohh!! I need one of those! Everything looks so nice and organized! 
It really fits a surprising amount of stuff! Plus, I really like that you can remove the dividers on each section and adjust it so it works how you want it to. I was really surprised that I could fit so much stuff in there. I'll rotate stuff out that I have multiples of every month so that items that are sitting in the overflow box get some use too. I lovelovelove that I have everything in an easily accessible place and I can see everything!

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha, I was just thinking about that train case. I'm contemplating buying one when I'm allowed to buy stuff. My caboodle train case is kind of wonky right now, though it could be due to being chock full of makeup I don't use right now and samples.

I decided that I'm extending my no-buy to late August or the first of September since I'm not going to summer school. I'm not going to have any income for June or July so I need to be better with the money I do have.
I think it's a really good train case (so far!) and I'm glad I bought it. It feels pretty solid and sturdy. For anyone that's interested, they're on sale for $59 (usually $110) on Sephora's website and they have pink, black, and silver. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My train case arrived! I just finished putting everything into it.

I went with the pink color because the black was a little blah, to me at least.

All loaded up with tons of makeup! 

Here's the bad part: a smallish shoebox full of overflow. Most of this stuff is backups of things like foundation, powder, primers, lip balm, highlighters, etc.  

I think it is pretty clear that I don't need to buy any more makeup for a VERY long time. 
That looks awesome! And I want to go shopping @ your house

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That looks awesome! And I want to go shopping @ your house
Yes! Everyone come over and we can do our makeup lol. 

This forum is terrible.

My list of "wants" has increased dramatically from coming here. From LBB to Karmaloop, to the million different sub boxes. It's not a nice place to be when you're not buying!

This forum is terrible.

My list of "wants" has increased dramatically from coming here. From LBB to Karmaloop, to the million different sub boxes. It's not a nice place to be when you're not buying!
Same here! I spend a lot less time on here now, and because of that, my list of wants has been slowly diminishing. I've also stopped looking at beauty blogs like Temptalia. I swing by to do moderating duties, but that's about it.

This forum is terrible.

I went shop-crazy at first, but now I've mellowed out SUBSTANTIALLY. The first couple months, I needed/wanted everything. But now? It seems like everything I see is something I've seen before and I can't get as excited as I used to--which is a GOOD thing, since I'm trying to only buy what I love, not just "OMG! WHAT A BARGAIN", ya know? In fact, the more I'm here and the more I expose myself to OTHER folks' purchasing/opinions, the less and less I find I want. 

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went shop-crazy at first, but now I've mellowed out SUBSTANTIALLY. The first couple months, I needed/wanted everything. But now? It seems like everything I see is something I've seen before and I can't get as excited as I used to--which is a GOOD thing, since I'm trying to only buy what I love, not just "OMG! WHAT A BARGAIN", ya know? In fact, the more I'm here and the more I expose myself to OTHER folks' purchasing/opinions, the less and less I find I want. 
I think I've mellowed out a lot too. Today at TJ Maxx, I saw some Guerlain Meteorites on clearance for $20. There was a time when I would have been all over that because it's a good deal and I would have purchased them even though they weren't needed or wanted. Today, I was just like, "oh, meh. I guess that's nice." and then walked away. Progress is being made.

Over the next couple of months, I'll probably compile a list of items I'd like for my birthday and then do heavy, heavy research on all of them before I commit. I want to have fewer products that I absolutely love, instead of piles that are barely liked. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I've mellowed out a lot too. Today at TJ Maxx, I saw some Guerlain Meteorites on clearance for $20. There was a time when I would have been all over that because it's a good deal and I would have purchased them even though they weren't needed or wanted. Today, I was just like, "oh, meh. I guess that's nice." and then walked away. Progress is being made.
Um, that's an item that I lemming after HARD....I may go to TJ tomorrow to see if my local has this.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Um, that's an item that I lemming after HARD....I may go to TJ tomorrow to see if my local has this.
Good luck! If I had known, I would have picked it up for you.

10 days. I think instead of getting the elephant bag from Nordstrom that I want, I'm going to buy a Betsey Johnson bag that I've spotted on eBay. I haven't decided which one though, as I've got my eye on 2. They're both about the same size. I think both of them would fit a text book in it, which will be helpful for next semester. Although my backpack might be a better idea since I'll likely be at school all day and need to bring multiple books with me.

But I still want to wait a while, to make sure it's what I want and will actually use.

10 days. I think instead of getting the elephant bag from Nordstrom that I want, I'm going to buy a Betsey Johnson bag that I've spotted on eBay. I haven't decided which one though, as I've got my eye on 2. They're both about the same size. I think both of them would fit a text book in it, which will be helpful for next semester. Although my backpack might be a better idea since I'll likely be at school all day and need to bring multiple books with me.

But I still want to wait a while, to make sure it's what I want and will actually use.
Which specific bags are you looking at, among the Betsey stuff?

I think it's already been established how I feel about nautical themed stuff, so you can probably guess which bag my vote goes to!

I like the skull one the most, but I hate, hate, hate having buyers remorse. If I still like it in a couple of weeks I'm going to go for it though. I still like the elephant Nordstrom one but it looks to be exactly the same size/shape of my current bag.

I like the sailor bag too! It's the same line as the small one I had in my lbb for a while but traded away.

Latest posts

Back