June 2012 No-Buy Support Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does LBB ever carry BJ totes? They had the skull print on an iPad case, but I don't have an iPad or any other tablet.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These 2. Although this one is cute too:

Nordstrom Rack in Chandler had the nautical one...it's definitely roomy enough for your books, etc. The skull one, I've seen at Ross around here....The reason I asked was because if I see either of them in store when I'm out today, I'll PM you so that you can go see 'em in person :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sweet! Thanks. I don't know how old they are, but I don't care about "seasons" and "on trend." I like what I like, and I still kick myself for not buying a BJ tote I saw at Last Chance many years ago.

Sweet! Thanks. I don't know how old they are, but I don't care about "seasons" and "on trend." I like what I like, and I still kick myself for not buying a BJ tote I saw at Last Chance many years ago.
I like what I like, too. And that's why I don't mind going to the "post-season" places for my Betsey gear :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Does LBB ever carry BJ totes? They had the skull print on an iPad case, but I don't have an iPad or any other tablet.
Ummm....not that I remember. They have purses some times, but mostly jewelry and ipad cases.

Ok, just got back from Nordstrom Rack and TJ Maxx...no Meteorites. The nautical tote was gone, but they have completed the remodel and have all the Betsey stuff in just one section of the purses....btw, for the LBB fiends, a LOT of the items y'all have been going nuts over were there :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, just got back from Nordstrom Rack and TJ Maxx...no Meteorites. The nautical tote was gone, but they have completed the remodel and have all the Betsey stuff in just one section of the purses....btw, for the LBB fiends, a LOT of the items y'all have been going nuts over were there :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I SO wish there was a Nordstrom Rack here. I've seen peoples hauls, and it looks glorious. 

Also, if I have time later today or tomorrow, I'll go check TJ Maxx to see if the Meteorites are still there. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I SO wish there was a Nordstrom Rack here. I've seen peoples hauls, and it looks glorious. 

Also, if I have time later today or tomorrow, I'll go check TJ Maxx to see if the Meteorites are still there. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
We have one but its waaaay out in suburbia blech, lol. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We have one but its waaaay out in suburbia blech, lol. 
Back home, there were a couple in Houston, but they were in parts of the city that were crazy stinkin' crowded all the time. Plus, that was about a 45 minute drive, so I could never be bothered lol. 

I have a question for those of you on a low-buy, rather than a no-buy.  If you've been wanting an item, how long do you wait until you allow yourself to buy it?  A week?  Two weeks?  A month?  Something else completely?  I'm trying to figure out a good waiting period.  Thanks!

Originally Posted by missionista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a question for those of you on a low-buy, rather than a no-buy.  If you've been wanting an item, how long do you wait until you allow yourself to buy it?  A week?  Two weeks?  A month?  Something else completely?  I'm trying to figure out a good waiting period.  Thanks!
If I want an item, I think it through, no specific time period. Last month the only make up item I bought (outside of lbb) was a cheek stain. I wanted one of the -tints by benefit or one by tarte, I opted for an $8 one by Sula. Any other item I think I want, I just walk in my bathroom, look at the mountain of make up, and talk myself out of it.

So I've started REALLY going through my stuff tonight, and throwing old stuff away. OH. My. God. I had no IDEA how out of control it was. I've thrown a ton of stuff away, have a bag going to my mom and sister...and not a small bag...ughhh. And I still have a beauty army box full of blush, another ba box full of random eyeshadows, another full of foundations, one of lipstick and lipgloss, an entire drawer of loose glitters, etc. This is awful. I'm not buying ANYTHING. 

So I've started REALLY going through my stuff tonight, and throwing old stuff away. OH. My. God. I had no IDEA how out of control it was. I've thrown a ton of stuff away, have a bag going to my mom and sister...and not a small bag...ughhh. And I still have a beauty army box full of blush, another ba box full of random eyeshadows, another full of foundations, one of lipstick and lipgloss, an entire drawer of loose glitters, etc. This is awful. I'm not buying ANYTHING. 
I have a ton of stuff I have been meaning to throw up to swap but given the most recent swap fiasco, I am not feeling confidant to swap with just anyone. Want me to send you the list I have and see if there is anything you would like? I would be interested in your eye shadows and lip stick/glosses.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a ton of stuff I have been meaning to throw up to swap but given the most recent swap fiasco, I am not feeling confidant to swap with just anyone. Want me to send you the list I have and see if there is anything you would like? I would be interested in your eye shadows and lip stick/glosses.
Is there any thing you are looking for in particular colors wise? I'm willing to just send it! I definitely don't need any more. I also have way too many eyeliners. 

Is there any thing you are looking for in particular colors wise? I'm willing to just send it! I definitely don't need any more. I also have way too many eyeliners. 
I'm playing with all colors right now truth be told so if you just want to surprise me with stuff, I would be cool with that as well! I'll put it to use! Right now all I really have are various shades of brown and beige. I only have 3 eyeliners (brown, black and blue) and I only have 3 lipsticks, all various shades of rose with exception to a red NYX gloss. 

I'll still send you a list of what I have up for grabs and you can let me know if you want anything :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm playing with all colors right now truth be told so if you just want to surprise me with stuff, I would be cool with that as well! I'll put it to use! Right now all I really have are various shades of brown and beige. I only have 3 eyeliners (brown, black and blue) and I only have 3 lipsticks, all various shades of rose with exception to a red NYX gloss. 

I'll still send you a list of what I have up for grabs and you can let me know if you want anything :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Great, send your address (again) too!! I'm going to the post office this weekend so I'll get it out then! 

Confession time

I ordered from stila. I got the set & correct powder, foundation (14.99, usually $44) & a primer color set which was also on sale. I used a 20% off promo code too. I've never worn foundation before as I was blessed w/ clear skin. But now that I'm getting older, my face isn't so blessed anymore. I have dark spots on my chin which I feel self conscious about so I 'm hoping the powder & foundation will hide those suckers. Thats how I am justifying this purchase.

I also ordered from the look bag. They had a 3 piece nars makeup sticks for $9.60! Who could resist that?

I'm done being bad

idk how you girls you do it! I've been trying to start a project 10 pan for so long but I just can't do it! I blame it on MAC with all of their new collections every month. =/
I did really well until Hey, Sailor!. I stopped buying MAC after the Shop, Cook collection but I just had to have the Crew Highlight Powder from the Hey, Sailor collection. And I'm not even going to try to start a 10 pan now because I'm going to go crazy over the Heavenly Creature collection coming out in July. But other than MAC I haven't bought any makeup. I did buy some stuff from Tarte a month or 2 ago because I had 30% off...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyone else use sales as an excuse to buy makeup? Sometimes I just can't hold myself back when I get a coupon or see a sale. I always justify my purchases by, "but I got a really great deal on it!"

Hi everyone!

I'm back. Been out of town for a few days, and I've gotta say, stepping away from the computer (especially this site full of temptations!) left me wanting nothing. I didn't think about makeup, or look at sites on my phone, or lust over the latest MAC item. Taking a break was seriously helpful. I'm at 8 days without a purchase now.

I did get one item as a gift, though.  Since it's our anniversary tomorrow, el hubs got me the Naked 2 palette as a gift, so...I don't think that counts haha. 

Back