June 2012 No-Buy Support Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the conscious/low buy..I agree that completely cutting yourself off and doing a no buy can make EVERYTHING look tempting, whether or not you really need it. So to weigh the products in terms of use and need factor is really going to help me curb my ridiculous sprees. I think part of my problem was that I would do a few "small" orders/buys and not think about the total amount it was adding up to and the use factor. It's nice to have  a stash of make up and products, but not if I'll never get around to using it. 

As y'all know, I cancelled Glossybox, because I was perturbed by the CC thing. But....remember I said I had rejoined Sample Society? Well....I just cancelled it, too, since there were still a few days before it would ship.

I had a win today! I went to TJ Maxx and they had a set of theBalm Betty Lou Manizer, lip gloss, Frat Boy blush and a kabuki for $15. I walked around with it for a while, then went through a mental list of things I have. I have TONS of bronzer, more than tons of lipgloss, plenty of blushes, and a few kabukis. So I was a good girl and put it back because I needed absolutely NOTHING in that set.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had a win today! I went to TJ Maxx and they had a set of theBalm Betty Lou Manizer, lip gloss, Frat Boy blush and a kabuki for $15. I walked around with it for a while, then went through a mental list of things I have. I have TONS of bronzer, more than tons of lipgloss, plenty of blushes, and a few kabukis. So I was a good girl and put it back because I needed absolutely NOTHING in that set.
Congrats! It feels nice, right? Maybe not when you put everything back, but afterward lol.

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> After playing a pretty decently sized order on Fyrinnae, I felt bad so I checked my statements and did a quick mental calculation ...and realize I spent more on makeup/subs/cosmetics than I do on groceries this month. Yikes...I definitely need to stop buying things T__T SELF-CONTROL.....I just can't control myself whent here are good deals, though.

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by sweethollywood /img/forum/go_quote.gif

have only bought ONE thing this month and it was one of the new revlon lip stains...and im so close to finishing a bunch of products!!! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)
Great job! I'm pretty close to finishing a bunch of stuff, too. I have all these bottles lying around that have just a tiny bit of product left, and it's driving me nuts. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great job! I'm pretty close to finishing a bunch of stuff, too. I have all these bottles lying around that have just a tiny bit of product left, and it's driving me nuts. 
I'm doing better about finishing off stuff AND passing stuff on....so that's something, at least.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm doing better about finishing off stuff AND passing stuff on....so that's something, at least.
It is something! Finishing off products is frackin' hard, I tell you what. It wasn't really something I'd paid attention to before.

I've now noticed that when I'm considering purchasing something, I'm a lot more honest about whether or not it'll get a lot of use. I picked up a few products from the new MAC collection, and I found myself drawn to the fuchsia and terracotta blushes. I finally talked myself out of them and into some softer, lighter colors that would be a heck of a lot more flattering on me. Perhaps not the most exciting colors, but they will definitely get more use since they'll be way easier to work with/more flattering. 

I've decided that I'm seriously going to cut way back on online purchases for the next few months. It's 100 degrees right now, and it's supposed to hit 107 this weekend and it's only June! I don't want to worry about stuff getting spoiled because of the heat, so I'm going to not order anything unless it's my only option. That should really help me cut back on the amount of stuff I buy since so many of my purchases online. 

Good for you! I'm somehow still subbed...lol, but it is my priciest sub and Julep, since I'm in WA and have to pay taxes!

Back