June 20th Face Of The Day

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It ain't easy bein' green... Foundation: Face: Lancome Adaptive Foundation in Creme 0 Laura Mercier Secret Concealer #2, just in the inner eye area. Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Translucent to set Eyes: NARS Rated R Duo- the lime green shadow in my crease and outer lid area. Guerlain Divinora Radiant Color Palette in Touche de Nacre #200 - the green blended over the Rated R green for softness, and brushed onto the lid and inner corner. Also used the yellow to highlight the browbone. Laura Mercier Sherezade shadow - an oliver green shadow used dry to line lower and upper lashline and brushed into crease and outer wedge. NARS Night Porter - Black shadow with green shimmer, used damp as a liner for upper lash line. Blended for softness. Laura Mercier Thickening and Building Mascara in Black. Blush: BeneFit Georgia powder on cheeks - this is a glorified pale pinky-apricot face powder. Hardly any color, really. A mix of Stila Convertible Color in Gerbera and NARS Torrid - nothing too heavy, just enough for a bit of color that Georgia failed to give me. Lips: Clear lip balm and Chanel Unity Glossimer - Yeah, Unity has more of a mauve undertone, but I tried some warmer shades and I looked retarded. The clear lip balm and Unity blended gave me a *very* natural lip look, which is what I wanted.

Your makeup sounds like a real piece of art! I bet it's pretty. Mine sounds horrible compared to yours. Here is mine (very basic because I didn't have much time today): Laura Mercier Tinted moisturizer in Porcelain NARS Loose Powder in Flesh NARS blush in Deep Throat English Ideas Lip Enhance lip liner Estee Lauder Pure Color lipstick in Crystal Baby (peachy pink color) Lancome Flextencils mascara

No way! Your look is very fresh and pretty. My problem is that I spend TOO much time getting ready. I try to do a subtle look, but my inner-clown gets the best of me.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Your makeup sounds like a real piece of art! I bet it's pretty. Mine sounds horrible compared to yours.
Here is mine (very basic because I didn't have much time today):

Laura Mercier Tinted moisturizer in Porcelain

NARS Loose Powder in Flesh

NARS blush in Deep Throat

English Ideas Lip Enhance lip liner

Estee Lauder Pure Color lipstick in Crystal Baby (peachy pink color)

Lancome Flextencils mascara

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish No way! Your look is very fresh and pretty. My problem is that I spend TOO much time getting ready. I try to do a subtle look, but my inner-clown gets the best of me.
tongue.gif
Me too.
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish It ain't easy bein' green... Foundation: Face: Lancome Adaptive Foundation in Creme 0 Laura Mercier Secret Concealer #2, just in the inner eye area. Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Translucent to set Eyes: NARS Rated R Duo- the lime green shadow in my crease and outer lid area. Guerlain Divinora Radiant Color Palette in Touche de Nacre #200 - the green blended over the Rated R green for softness, and brushed onto the lid and inner corner. Also used the yellow to highlight the browbone. Laura Mercier Sherezade shadow - an oliver green shadow used dry to line lower and upper lashline and brushed into crease and outer wedge. NARS Night Porter - Black shadow with green shimmer, used damp as a liner for upper lash line. Blended for softness. Laura Mercier Thickening and Building Mascara in Black. Blush: BeneFit Georgia powder on cheeks - this is a glorified pale pinky-apricot face powder. Hardly any color, really. A mix of Stila Convertible Color in Gerbera and NARS Torrid - nothing too heavy, just enough for a bit of color that Georgia failed to give me. Lips: Clear lip balm and Chanel Unity Glossimer - Yeah, Unity has more of a mauve undertone, but I tried some warmer shades and I looked retarded. The clear lip balm and Unity blended gave me a *very* natural lip look, which is what I wanted. I agree with Reija..Nice job..No face for me yesterday but here's mine for 6/21: JI Warm Silk Amazing base LM Shimemr bronzer Clinique Double date duo e/s: Lightest shade as a wash Darkest shade in crease Line w/ MAC dark brown creme liner MAC Fibre Riche mascara MAC Fetish l/s

Nice face!

How are Jane Iredale's loose minerals? Do they look natural on skin and how do they work with fine lines? My skintype is combo but on the dry side around my eyes and outer cheeks.

TIA!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by allisong I agree with Reija..Nice job..No face for me yesterday but here's mine for 6/21:
JI Warm Silk Amazing base

LM Shimemr bronzer

Clinique Double date duo e/s:

Lightest shade as a wash

Darkest shade in crease

Line w/ MAC dark brown creme liner

MAC Fibre Riche mascara

MAC Fetish l/s

Here's my face of the day (June 21): Face: YSL Teint Mat Purete #7 - pale yellow ivory in tone Almay Amazing Lasting Concealer in Light - inner corners of eyes Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder Eyes: LM Antique Gold shadow in crease, blended up and out towards browbone. YSL Ombres Vibration Duo #5 - lavender/smoke duo. I used the lavender heavily as a wash on lid, inner crease, lower lash liner. The smoke I used damp as a liner on top and bottom lash lines. YSL Dessin Du Regard Haute Tenue pencil #3 - Ocean Blue. Used this lightly on top lash line for brightness. Maybelline Full n' Soft Mascara in Black Brown Cheeks: LM Filtered Brown Face Tint (powder) used as bronzer NARS Gina (true medium matte peach) on apples of cheeks. Lips: Lancome Le Lipstique pencil in Unity as liner YSL Lisse Gloss #9 - sheer peachy-orange for shine and color.

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Nice face!
How are Jane Iredale's loose minerals? Do they look natural on skin and how do they work with fine lines? My skintype is combo but on the dry side around my eyes and outer cheeks.

TIA!
smile.gif

JI loose is perfect for dry skin(which I have) Doesn't accentuate the flakies or pores..Doesn't settle into fine lines..Perfect,natural coverage..It has a satin finish so it's not too dewy but not too matte either..And a jar can last almost a yrs with regular usage..Can't beat that
biggrin.gif

Thanks so much for your feedback! I like the fact that the minerals offer sun protection. I'm prone to freckles and sun spots, so I'm always very careful about keeping my skin protected.

What shade are you in MAC? Are you an NC15? I'm about that, though I prefer a neutral fx undertone. TIA!

Originally Posted by allisong JI loose is perfect for dry skin(which I have) Doesn't accentuate the flakies or pores..Doesn't settle into fine lines..Perfect,natural coverage..It has a satin finish so it's not too dewy but not too matte either..And a jar can last almost a yrs with regular usage..Can't beat that
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Thanks so much for your feedback! I like the fact that the minerals offer sun protection. I'm prone to freckles and sun spots, so I'm always very careful about keeping my skin protected. What shade are you in MAC? Are you an NC15? I'm about that, though I prefer a neutral fx undertone. TIA! I'm NC20 in MAC..Not too much darker then you..I think the Warm Silk would work fine on you as it's light..I use Amber only when I tan..I'm kind've on the pastey side this summer..

Latest posts

Back