Just to say hi.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey there --- I've been a member for a few weeks now but am actually starting to post, so thought I would say hello. I'm online constantly since my cosmetic wholesale business keeps me at home and on the computer... I'm just glad I found a fun place to chat for a break. Hope I get the chance to meet some of you.

Originally Posted by GlossAddict Hey there ---
I've been a member for a few weeks now but am actually starting to post, so thought I would say hello. I'm online constantly since my cosmetic wholesale business keeps me at home and on the computer... I'm just glad I found a fun place to chat for a break. Hope I get the chance to meet some of you.

Hiya GlossAddict, WELCOME to MuT.. Looking forward to chatting with you! Its great here, everybody is SO friendly, we're like one big GIANT family
smile.gif
So, you're a cosmetic wholesale business.. tell me more!!! I'm a huge cosmetics fan!

Originally Posted by laura127 Hiya GlossAddict, WELCOME to MuT.. Looking forward to chatting with you! Its great here, everybody is SO friendly, we're like one big GIANT family
smile.gif
So, you're a cosmetic wholesale business.. tell me more!!! I'm a huge cosmetics fan!

lol.. basically I play with makeup all day
smile.gif
I supply to a lot of Ebayers and people who sell cosmetics to friends or at flea markets... sometimes to individuals. It just depends. I started it up a few months ago and it's really progressed well. It's nice because I can support my own sick habits... now all I pay for are my Etailer loads... That's what I do, in a nutshell. What about you?

Well i've a completely BORING job compared to you! I work in IT Hardware & Software sales.. but i would LOVE your job! What brands do you sell, sounds like its keeping you busy anyway!

Originally Posted by laura127 Well i've a completely BORING job compared to you! I work in IT Hardware & Software sales.. but i would LOVE your job!What brands do you sell, sounds like its keeping you busy anyway!

It varies ... depending upon what day it is... right now I am dealing with a lot of Lancome (juicy tubes mostly.. all the rage, ya know?), Laura Mercier, and some La Mer products.
IT Sales... I couldn't do that. I am so not a salesperson. That's why I hide behind my computer
smile.gif
It's probably a pretty profitable job. I thought I was going to go into information technology or programming for awhile... then I just couldn't find a job anywhere... so here I am. I'd probably make more if I had a job like that, but I'm pretty content right now.

Originally Posted by GlossAddict It varies ... depending upon what day it is... right now I am dealing with a lot of Lancome (juicy tubes mostly.. all the rage, ya know?), Laura Mercier, and some La Mer products.
IT Sales... I couldn't do that. I am so not a salesperson. That's why I hide behind my computer
smile.gif
It's probably a pretty profitable job. I thought I was going to go into information technology or programming for awhile... then I just couldn't find a job anywhere... so here I am. I'd probably make more if I had a job like that, but I'm pretty content right now.

That just sounds like my IDEAL job!! To be honest, im not a huge Juicy Tubes fan, they're what i used to use all the time but then i got a HATE for glosses after leaving my hair grow long cause it got stuck to my lips all the time -GROSS! I'm pretty boring when it comes to lip make up actually, dont even wear lippies (i only have 2!!)
I use a few pieces from Lancome though.. Adaptive Foundation, Gel CLeanser (the green one for oily skin), Blush, Mascara.. Ive never used Laura Mercier or La Mer though..

So what kinda make up are you into? Natural or COLOR!! Usually my face is natural then i might do colors on my eyes but nothing TOO extreme & bright

Originally Posted by laura127 That just sounds like my IDEAL job!! To be honest, im not a huge Juicy Tubes fan, they're what i used to use all the time but then i got a HATE for glosses after leaving my hair grow long cause it got stuck to my lips all the time -GROSS! I'm pretty boring when it comes to lip make up actually, dont even wear lippies (i only have 2!!)
I use a few pieces from Lancome though.. Adaptive Foundation, Gel CLeanser (the green one for oily skin), Blush, Mascara.. Ive never used Laura Mercier or La Mer though..

So what kinda make up are you into? Natural or COLOR!! Usually my face is natural then i might do colors on my eyes but nothing TOO extreme & bright

I'm not very adventurous as far as makeup is concerned... to be honest, I threw a private victory party last month when I wore MAC's Aquadisiac, Turquoise Glitter Pigment, and Club e/s (just for the crease) out in public ... lol... Right now I'm on a serious hunt for the perfect makeup look for me. The problem is, the only thing that seems to look OK is pinks and browns.. which are flattering.. but sort of boring... I have really dark blue eyes and most bright colors seem to make them look smaller...
frown.gif

As for lipstick... I wear MAC Nymphette lipgloss, CHANEL Glossimer in Blizzard, and some neutral Laura Mercier lipsticks. Aren't I boring?

It's hard to do anything but a seriously neutral look unless you're darker... and I'm light-medium... I don't know... I see women who are pale with bright colors and they don't look stupid.. lol.. but I definitely do. OK, rant finished. Sorry, you just hit on my current beauty pursuit.. that and a new haircut. I lost some weight and am plotting a big makeover
smile.gif

As for hair sticking to your lips... I feel your pain... I have really long and thick hair that is very much attracted to MAC Nympette lipglass. Very disgusting.

By the way, is that Lancome Gel Cleanser any good? I have some in one of my boxes and was pondering keeping it (I'm mad at my Shiseido cleanser).

Hi Glossie!!

Nice to have your here and welcome from the programming department of MUT
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I see you are an Ebayer! We have a "list your items for sale" forum now located here

I see you are a swapper too!

Thanks for using MuT, and don't be afraid to do some product reviews too
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by GlossAddict

Hey there ---
I've been a member for a few weeks now but am actually starting to post, so thought I would say hello. I'm online constantly since my cosmetic wholesale business keeps me at home and on the computer... I'm just glad I found a fun place to chat for a break. Hope I get the chance to meet some of you.

Hi Glossie welcome, you'll love it here!!! I think that I wouldn't be able to sell makeup like that, I would probably try everything. I started selling Avon and Mark a little while ago and I want to sample everything that comes in!

Originally Posted by shoediva Hi Glossie welcome, you'll love it here!!!
I think that I wouldn't be able to sell makeup like that, I would probably try everything. I started selling Avon and Mark a little while ago and I want to sample everything that comes in!

Is that fun? Do you do the parties? Doing what I'm doing I have had lots of people trying to shove me into selling those or Mary Kay or whatever else... not interested, personally. I know what you mean about wanting to sample everything. I need to put a bunch of stuff up for swap here to get it off my hands
smile.gif
(my personal stash I mean)
I love those Mark liquid blushes... Tint, Tint? A lot like Benefit Benetint.

I just started a couple of weeks ago. I only wanted to sell Mark but then decided why not do both. I had a really big first order and it was effortless. All I did was pass the book around to co-workers and family/friends. I'm going to do it for a little while and see how it goes.

Originally Posted by shoediva I just started a couple of weeks ago. I only wanted to sell Mark but then decided why not do both. I had a really big first order and it was effortless. All I did was pass the book around to co-workers and family/friends. I'm going to do it for a little while and see how it goes. Sounds like a cool job.. especially if you know a lot of people.

Originally Posted by GlossAddict Hey there ---

Hey Gloss..Welcome to the board..You'll have to post a link to your ebay site(if you have one
wink.gif
)Always looking for deals
biggrin.gif

Hey gloss addict. I love makeup as well and wish I could sit around all day talking about makeup and selling it. I just graduated from high school a couple of months ago. I'm about to be majoring in fashion design and merchandising, although I really debated being a cosmetic artist. I love makeup! Do you sell your cosmetics normal price or discount price or what? I would really be interested in possibly buying some of your makeup.

Originally Posted by FairyRave Hey gloss addict. I love makeup as well and wish I could sit around all day talking about makeup and selling it. I just graduated from high school a couple of months ago. I'm about to be majoring in fashion design and merchandising, although I really debated being a cosmetic artist. I love makeup! Do you sell your cosmetics normal price or discount price or what? I would really be interested in possibly buying some of your makeup. I sell things discounted. How much depends upon the brand.. though I'm trying not to advertise here...
Have you decided where to pursue your degree at? If I was more creative in that sense, I would love to do that and design handbags. I'm going to pursue a degree in either physics or biochemistry most likely... bachelor's anyways... the associate's was in information technology (boring... ) I like to go to school.. perhaps I'll be a lifelong student
smile.gif

Hi GlossAddict! Welcome to the board. Glad you found us and hope your business is going well. Look forward to seeing you on the board.

Welcome GlossAddict! We're glad to have you here! Hope you enjoy MuT!
smile.gif
Your work sounds very interesting!!!
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back