Kevyn Aucoin SSE

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Curiosity is going to get me into big trouble one day.... I had to order Kevin A's The sensual skin enhancer to see how it was cause I read good reviews. I received it today and since I have very sensitive skin, I checked the ingredients first... Number one ingredient is mineral oil !!!
icon_eek.gif
I didn't know that we could use mineral oil on face, Can we?

The jury's still out on mineral oil. I've heard great things from some, but dreadful things from others.

For me, the SSE didn't work. I got a sample of it & tried it only on my nose as a concealer. It settled into my pores & lifted creating these strange beads. Very unflattering on me, so I tossed it.

Sorry I'm not of much help, but I know that KMEFH would know more & be better able to help you.

KeaLoha, Im so sorry u had a bad time with this stuff! How did u manage to recieve a sample? Did anyone show u how to use it? One of the big downfalls of the product is the technique. I cant lie and tell anyone it's 'easy' to use, it takes working with, mixing, and someone to show anyone (mua or not) how to use it. We get a lot of returns cause people either a pick out the wrong color for themselves, or go home with it, not knowing how to use it, and hate the outcome. The stuff is gross if its not put on properly! With all that said though, i've never heard a bad review from someone who either had it put on by a pro (trained with the makeup), or learned how to do it themselves really well, and it aint so hard once u get the hang of it. Thats all just IMHO!

Lilla - Mineral oil? Really, in all honesty, i did not know that was there! When i asked what type of oils were in the sse i was told Jojoba oil was it for oils. I'll inquire about that today to kev.'s sis, as i dont have a box on hand now. I do have a lot of stuff with mineral oil in it, but never really knew it was too bad of a thing, but to each his own ya know. As for how the makeup 'sits' on the skin, thats what its meant to do, that is where the coverage comes in. The makeup sits on the skin, not absorbing or going into the pores to react with skins natural chemicals or waste product by absorbtion. This gives the product its overall super flawless finish.

I will get back wit yall about the MO and the appl. tech. for lilla!

Hope that helped out a bit!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

It wont let me copy and paste what i wrote from an old post
confused.gif
, but i put the appl. tech. in an old post of trisha about three pages back, titled 'for KMEFH or anyone framilar with KA products' feel free to look!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by KMEFH KeaLoha, Im so sorry u had a bad time with this stuff! How did u manage to recieve a sample? Did anyone show u how to use it? One of the big downfalls of the product is the technique. I cant lie and tell anyone it's 'easy' to use, it takes working with, mixing, and someone to show anyone (mua or not) how to use it. We get a lot of returns cause people either a pick out the wrong color for themselves, or go home with it, not knowing how to use it, and hate the outcome. The stuff is gross if its not put on properly! With all that said though, i've never heard a bad review from someone who either had it put on by a pro (trained with the makeup), or learned how to do it themselves really well, and it aint so hard once u get the hang of it. Thats all just IMHO! I got a sample in a swap last year. I knew the color wasn't for me (too light & to be honest, I can't recall the shade #), but thought it would be good as a concealer. No one showed me--or wrote me--the proper way to use it, so I dabbed it on my skin lightly w/out any mixing of moisturizer. I had a feeling that was wrong, but b/c I wasn't using it for foundation purposes, I didn't think it would matter.
icon_redface.gif

i NEVER use it w/o moisturizer, just just to thick. Only to fill in holes, literally!
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back