Krispy Kreme bread pudding(kind of)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, so I saw this from a show on the food network and I tried it out yesterday for a little get together I had with some friends. I couldn't taste it because of my diet right now, but everyone raved about it. They were all asking for the recipe, but I must warn you-this is a very rich dessert and it is not light on anything at all!

2 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts

1 can sweetened condensed milk

2 -4.5 oz cans fruit cocktail

2 eggs, beaten

1 -9 oz box raisins

1 pinch salt

1 or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cube donuts into a large oven safe dish. Pour other ingredients on top of donuts and let soak for a few minutes.Fold all ingredients together until donuts have soaked up the liquid as much as possible.

(if you like your bread pudding really soft-dig in with your hands and squeeze so the donuts can soak up everything better-but this is not necessary)Bake for about 1 hour until center has jelled.

Top with Butter Rum Sauce.

SAUCE:

1 stick of butter

1 box of powdered sugar

Rum-to taste

Melt butter (better if done on stove, not in microwave)

Next add sugar, stirring slowly. Then add rum. Bring to a boil and then pour over Krispy Kreme dish.

Thanks for posting it. Sounds delish!

Off topic - where you able to find a non-dairy ice cream recipe for you to use?

Yes I did make some ice cream. I fiddled in the kitchen for a while one day with some rice milk and coconut cream and the kids loved it. I made a few different flavors so they could choose.

Wow, that sounds good.

Originally Posted by envymi Ok, so I saw this from a show on the food network and I tried it out yesterday for a little get together I had with some friends. I couldn't taste it because of my diet right now, but everyone raved about it. They were all asking for the recipe, but I must warn you-this is a very rich dessert and it is not light on anything at all!
2 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts

1 can sweetened condensed milk

2 -4.5 oz cans fruit cocktail

2 eggs, beaten

1 -9 oz box raisins

1 pinch salt

1 or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cube donuts into a large oven safe dish. Pour other ingredients on top of donuts and let soak for a few minutes.Fold all ingredients together until donuts have soaked up the liquid as much as possible.

(if you like your bread pudding really soft-dig in with your hands and squeeze so the donuts can soak up everything better-but this is not necessary)Bake for about 1 hour until center has jelled.

Top with Butter Rum Sauce.

SAUCE:

1 stick of butter

1 box of powdered sugar

Rum-to taste

Melt butter (better if done on stove, not in microwave)

Next add sugar, stirring slowly. Then add rum. Bring to a boil and then pour over Krispy Kreme dish.

Originally Posted by envymi Yes I did make some ice cream. I fiddled in the kitchen for a while one day with some rice milk and coconut cream and the kids loved it. I made a few different flavors so they could choose. Thats awesome. Glad that you were able to make some kids happy that day.

Oh my gosh, as if Krispy Kreme Donuts aren't fattening enough! (Not that that stops me from eating them
wink.gif
) I would hate to know the nutrition facts for this recipe.....

paula dean (sp?)!!! i saw that and almost wanted to die! i would love to try it, but i'm on a diet, so there's no way i could have any.

ooh. what's your recipe for the coconut ice cream? i love the real stuff, but of course it's fattening. do you need an ice cream machine?

I'm addicted to cooking shows and I've tried alot of the recipes from them, but I can't even eat this right now. I really wanted to! But since it was completely gone before the night was over, I figured I'd post it. It's a good one to take to parties or something.

WARNING:this is not something you want to make just for yourself at home

Lizzy, here's the basic coconut ice cream recipe. I added some other flavors as well. You can pretty much add any fruit or flavoring you want. And no you don't need an ice cream maker-I don't have one and I make ice cream all the time. This is just the first time I've made a non-dairy version.

Ingredients

2 cups coconut milk (see also coconut cream as a richer alternative)

1 cup rice milk

4 eggs

1 teaspoon of vanilla

pinch of salt

Heat the coconut cream and rice milk over medium heat, stirring constantly for a couple of minutes. Do NOT boil.

In a bowl beat two eggs and two yolks, then add the other ingredients and whisk gently.

Transfer the mixture to a double boiler over boiling water, and slowly blend in the hot coconut milk, stirring until the mixture thickens to form a sticky coat on the back of a spoon when lifted from the mixture.

Remove from the heat and allow to cool, then transfer to a metal ice cream tray or similar container and place in the coldest part of the freezer for one hour.

Remove and stir slowly until smooth (this prevents it from becoming too hard), then return to freezer.

Thanks Envy!

I'm always watching cooking shows too. Food is good, so there's always something good on. lol. i never cook anything though, i do learn cooking tips though.

This sounds so evil. It's just exactly what I like. And that coconut ice cream recipe is good, I've tried it. I also modified the recipe to make Mango Mochi Ice Cream Balls rolled in Tapioca Starch top make a gummy shell you can hold in your hands. Mmmmm!

omg HOW yum. lol @ the ad below

""10 Rules of Fat Burning"

Lose 9 lbs every 11 Days with these 10 Easy Rules of Diet & Fat Loss."

frown.gif

Latest posts

Back