Last Comic Standing?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is about the only "reality" show that my husband and I have gotten into. We've watched a few episodes of "Amish in the City" and "Amazing Race," but that's about it. However, we LOVE LOVE LOVE "Last Comic Standing." Now it's come down to a few of our faves, and we're on the edge of our seats to see who wins tomorrow night: Alonzo Bodden, Gary Gulman, or John Heffron. Argh - we love Alonzo and Gary the most, and Jay London was a trip, as well. So, has anyone else fallen in love with these comedians? Who's your favorite? Did you imagine the finalists would come to this?

Hi Kage,

I have been watching it as well and am a bit dissapointed that none of the women are in the finals. Anyhow, I do like all three of them BUT I have been a fan of John for the most part. I must say Alonzo is pretty good as well.

Ant got on my last nerve!

It so funny how I feel nervous for them before they go on. I have such great admiration for them. I can't imagine myself doing that.

I liked the 2 women that were in the last bit, as well, Kathleen Madigan and Tammy Pescatelli. But, honestly, I like Alonzo and Gary best...they both have an "intellectual" humor sometimes...you kinda have to think about it. John is funny, too, but he's my 3rd fave, among those 3.
smile.gif
Ant was soooooooo incredibly annoying! I was so glad when he was voted off. He just was irritating!

I feel like I've gotten to know them all, during the time it's been on, and I get nervous for them as well. They're all so great! And funny!!!
smile.gif

The Last Comic Standing is... John Heffron? What??? I thought Alonzo was in for sure! My husband and I are completely shocked, and a bit disappointed. John was funny, but not to the caliber of Alonzo. Ah well. I wonder what the outcome would have been if each household could only vote once, not 3 times on the phone, 3 times online, and 3 times on text messaging. Hmmm.

OMG thanks for the update, I got home late and didnt get a chance to watch. YAYYYY I love John!! Hope they repeat that show, I would love to see his expression. Lets see what they will have in store for us next season.

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea The Last Comic Standing is... John Heffron? What??? I thought Alonzo was in for sure! My husband and I are completely shocked, and a bit disappointed. John was funny, but not to the caliber of Alonzo. Ah well. I wonder what the outcome would have been if each household could only vote once, not 3 times on the phone, 3 times online, and 3 times on text messaging. Hmmm.

Yeah...I agree. John was very funny last night, and I'm not really upset that he won. Those 3 finalists, as well as Jay London, were my favorites. Oh, and Tammy Pescatelli was great, too.

I agree that Alonzo and Gary were better throughout the whole season, though. We voted for Alonzo, too.
smile.gif

Actually, the first time, a few weeks ago, when they had public voting, we voted 2 for Alonzo, and 1 for Gary. But yeah, it's an excellent show. We don't usually get so hooked on TV shows, but we were hooked on LCS.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pamperyou I was surprised too, but I have to admitt that his final act was awesome, hubby and I were both laughing, but I think Alonzo and Gary were better throughout the whole season of the show and that's what I based my vote on!! I voted for Alonzo.AMie

Jay has a self-deprecating type of humor, but what I find hilarious (probably as an English major and literary type) is that it takes a while for some people to catch onto what he's saying...it slowly dawns on them. He may not be the best comedian, but he's clean, he's respectful, and he's funny, not to mention he's probably the show's "teddy bear." I have A LOT more respect for him and enjoy MUCH MORE than the chauvinist pig Corey Holcomb.

Originally Posted by jtaylor04 I like the show but what is Jay London doing on there? He should be working at popsicle plant making up those corny two liners. Am I the only one who thinks he does not deserve to be there??

Hey I got to admit I too like Jay London, he made me laugh many a times. SOme of his jokes do take a minute to get but once you do they are hilarious!!

Latest posts

Back