Laura Mercier Oil Free foundation and loose powder

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to visit the Laura Mercier counter today with no intentions of buying but ended up walking out with the foundation and loose powder. I've had a sample of the loose powder before and liked it. The fact that it doesn't come with a puff is ridiculous and makes the powder even more expensive. Anyway I liked the way it looked after the girl did my makeup at the counter. At the end of today though it doesn't look as good. It looks too cakey and is settled in my pores. I'm going to take these back. Also my skin was itchy after about couple of hours but the itchiness disappeared. I'm glad I found out now before trying them on although I know you can return them anyway. I was wondering if I should take a look the Clarins foundation and powder or Origins or maybe some other lines. I would be more than happy to hear some suggestions ladies.
icon_smile.gif

Hey Reija :::waves:::

What kind of coverage are you looking for?

What kind of finish?

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I went to visit the Laura Mercier counter today with no intentions of buying but ended up walking out with the foundation and loose powder. I've had a sample of the loose powder before and liked it. The fact that it doesn't come with a puff is ridiculous and makes the powder even more expensive. Anyway I liked the way it looked after the girl did my makeup at the counter. At the end of today though it doesn't look as good. It looks too cakey and is settled in my pores. I'm going to take these back. Also my skin was itchy after about couple of hours but the itchiness disappeared. I'm glad I found out now before trying them on although I know you can return them anyway. I was wondering if I should take a look the Clarins foundation and powder or Origins or maybe some other lines. I would be more than happy to hear some suggestions ladies.
icon_smile.gif

I'm looking for something with sheer or medium coverage with a natural finnished look, not too heavy looking. I like the natural look of looking like you have no makeup on but your skin looks nice and polished. I'm not sure if coverage like that can be obtained. The Dior foundation I've been using is more dewy and I like but would like to have a different one to trade with depending on the day. I have the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser and I like it but by noon the product disappears in my skin and my skin doesn't look even anymore. I use Dior compact foundation and Chanel compact foundation for touch ups during the day. I don't mind some touch ups here and there.

hmmm, I've been hearing a lot of raves about Eliz. Arden's Bare Perfection Flawless Foundation, might be worth looking at. http://www.drugstore.com/qxp56846_33...pf_8_cameo.htm Kanebo is another, very under rated imo. http://www.auravita.com/products/AURA/KACO14210.asp Bare Escentual Mineral Foundation is a favorite of mine, very light but offers fantastic coverage & staying power. Also, like you said Origins has a nice line of foundations too, def. worth checking out. Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I'm looking for something with sheer or medium coverage with a natural finnished look, not too heavy looking. I like the natural look of looking like you have no makeup on but your skin looks nice and polished. I'm not sure if coverage like that can be obtained. The Dior foundation I've been using is more dewy and I like but would like to have a different one to trade with depending on the day. I have the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser and I like it but by noon the product disappears in my skin and my skin doesn't look even anymore. I use Dior compact foundation and Chanel compact foundation for touch ups during the day. I don't mind some touch ups here and there.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I went to visit the Laura Mercier counter today with no intentions of buying but ended up walking out with the foundation and loose powder. I've had a sample of the loose powder before and liked it. The fact that it doesn't come with a puff is ridiculous and makes the powder even more expensive. Anyway I liked the way it looked after the girl did my makeup at the counter. At the end of today though it doesn't look as good. It looks too cakey and is settled in my pores. I'm going to take these back. Also my skin was itchy after about couple of hours but the itchiness disappeared. I'm glad I found out now before trying them on although I know you can return them anyway. I was wondering if I should take a look the Clarins foundation and powder or Origins or maybe some other lines. I would be more than happy to hear some suggestions ladies.
icon_smile.gif
Joey New York Pure Pores foundation is THE best I've ever seen. I think you can get samples by going to their web site(?) It's a pricey foundation, but like I said, it blows the others out of the water, including Dior. Why not try a sample to see?Here's a link to read about the product:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P12617&shouldPaginate=true

Thanks for the recommendations TinyD and Californian! I ended up not getting a new foundation nor powder. I figured what I have is just fine for now.
smile.gif
After I took these back I ended up getting the Laura Mercier eye basic to keep eye shadow in place and I also bought Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Personel lipstick which I really like. It's moisturizing and long-lasting. After using the Laura Mercier eye basic today my eye shadow stayed in place all day without creasing. I'm so excited. I have such trouble getting eye shadow to stay and this product is the answer for me.

I'm so glad you got the Laura Mercier Eye Basic - it really is a great e/s base. It works well for anyone with normal to somewhat-moderate oiliness on their eyelids. Anyone with heavier oiliness can try MAC Paints.

I think you'll like Origin's loose powder. It gives such a smooth finish without being too powdery. Two thumbs up from me!

Did you see that Chanel is coming out with a liquid to powder formulation of their Double Perfection foundation? It has SPF 15, which is something that L'Oreal's Cashmere Perfect doesn't have. This could be a time saver for you, since you won't have to mess with a separate powder.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Thanks for the recommendations TinyD and Californian! I ended up not getting a new foundation nor powder. I figured what I have is just fine for now.
smile.gif
After I took these back I ended up getting the Laura Mercier eye basic to keep eye shadow in place and I also bought Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Personel lipstick which I really like. It's moisturizing and long-lasting. After using the Laura Mercier eye basic today my eye shadow stayed in place all day without creasing. I'm so excited. I have such trouble getting eye shadow to stay and this product is the answer for me.

icon_smile.gif
I personally love the LM translucent loose..I seem to always prefer what others dislike though..LOL I also highly recommend Estee Lauder's Lucidity loose powder..I used this before I discovered there was life outside EL,Chanel and Clinique

I gotta keep my eye on that foundation from Chanel sounds great. I didn't buy the Originis loose powder yet but I've looked at it online.
smile.gif
Thanks for info!

Latest posts

Back