Laura Mercier Products & Breakouts?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Gals! I'm new here and this is my first post on this site...so I started using Laura Mercier products a month ago (I was using MAC Studio Fix Foundation/Powder before). I wanted lighter coverage so I started using LM oil-free primer, oil-free tinted moisturizer, and translucent loose setting powder. After using these products for a month, I started breaking out...but I'm not sure if I'm breaking out because of these products or it's just me...I do have acne prone skin and go through phases where I break out and clear up...I want to see if anyone's had similar experiences with LM products. Just trying to get some ideas so I can see if I should continue using the products....(I really love them so I hope I don't have to give them up)!! THANKS! BTW...this is a great site
smile.gif

Hi, welcome to Makeuptalk.

I've only tried their foundation and loose powder. Foundation was okay but the loose powder gave me a tiny whitehead sometimes before. But, I don't use the loose powder anymore now, and no more tiny whitehead.

I also heard about their primer causing breakouts on some people.

The only thing that I have tried is the primer..and that works well for me..no breakouts..

I have tried the pressed setting powder and oil free liquid foundation. I had no problems with breakouts and I am acne prone.

Although I only used the stuff for 2 days.

Hi,

Sorry, I don't use her products. Just wanted to say Welcome to Makeup Talk.

hi and welcome!

i used LM foundation for a while and don't remember having issues with breaking out. but this has been some time ago; perhaps the formulation has changed?

the only thing of her's ive tried is the blush and some shadows.

so far no problems with them.

I actually had the opposite happen to me. I used to use Studio Fix powder and switched to LM tinted moisturizer, and my face cleared up right away. I was shocked! I will never go back to Studio Fix. I also have LM foundation, and don't break out from it (I don't wear it very often though). Everyone's skin is different.

I use LM primer and undercover concealer, and while I am extremely acne-prone, I don't think i've had a break out specifically from the LM products.

Welcome to Makeup Talk! I've only used the regular foundation primer, but didn't have any breakouts. I've been wanting to try her oil-free primer and oil-free TM though.

Thank you guys for all the responses!! I love this site. I have a feeling that I'm breaking out because I'm changing makeup products - that happened to me before. I guess it's just my skin's way of adjusting to them. Also, if anyone is thinking about using LM products, they look great....I love the oil-free TM and the loose setting powder...looks very natural and gives me this glow....now i just need to get rid of the breakouts
sleepyhead.gif
....hopefully my skin will adjust and I'll be back to normal
rotfl.gif

i'm sorry to hear you're breaking out! i use the primer and it's fine and i used the oil-free foundation and that was fine. i also use the tinted moisturizer on days i don't need much coverage, and no problems there, either! good luck and keep us posted.

All of us have different chemistry, and what works on one person may not work on another.

Haven't tried her stuff, but I've been meaning to.

thanks for the replies, girls!!! yeah...i think it might just be me! i really like the TM and loose powder look so i want to stick it out...i asked my derm and she said since my TM is oil free it should be ok...i'm gonna continue using it and hopefully my skin clears up....fingers crossed!!

Originally Posted by makeupchicky /img/forum/go_quote.gif thanks for the replies, girls!!! yeah...i think it might just be me! i really like the TM and loose powder look so i want to stick it out...i asked my derm and she said since my TM is oil free it should be ok...i'm gonna continue using it and hopefully my skin clears up....fingers crossed!! Good luck! Update us
smile.gif

Originally Posted by beautynista /img/forum/go_quote.gif Good luck! Update us
smile.gif
ditto!

I never used LM but on another forum a lot of girls were complaining about breakouts
smile.gif

I also can't use LM without breaking out.  The powders, bronzers and blushes are fine but the tinted moisturizers, primers etc make me break out every time. I switched to Natura Bisse "The Cure."  It works much better for me.

Hi Gals! I'm new here and this is my first post on this site...so I started using Laura Mercier products a month ago (I was using MAC Studio Fix Foundation/Powder before). I wanted lighter coverage so I started using LM oil-free primer, oil-free tinted moisturizer, and translucent loose setting powder. After using these products for a month, I started breaking out...but I'm not sure if I'm breaking out because of these products or it's just me...I do have acne prone skin and go through phases where I break out and clear up...I want to see if anyone's had similar experiences with LM products. Just trying to get some ideas so I can see if I should continue using the products....(I really love them so I hope I don't have to give them up)!! THANKS! BTW...this is a great site
smile.gif
Hi ladies I wanted to add what is causing the breakouts if you are using this powder and you have acne prone skin it’s the cornstarch most likely, And Caprylic Trygliceride ingredient that is of coconut oil with a scientific name. I just want to add that if your acne prone you do not buy a product with bismuth oxychloride or cornstarch or coconut oil. Coconut oil comes under different names. Cosdna, and Skindeep are two good sites to review ingredients. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back