Let me introduce myself....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Aloha everyone, my name is Jonna. I am from Hawaii where I was born and raised. I am married and have a 5 year old girl. I am a cosmetologist and currently work out of my home. I decided to be more of a ......stay at home mom. I am in the process of going to school again to become a registered nurse. I am so excited about this sight. I am truly addicted to makeup, changing my hair, and more. Hope to make many friends.

Welcome to MUT Jonna. I look forward to getting to know you and your beauty obsessions (we all have them, right?).

Welcome to MUT Hawaiilatina! I'm Joy from Los Angeles.

We have some other Hawaiians on this board, including two of our mods (Jess & Gail). Glad to have you & I look forward to your posts!

Hi Jonna! I am from Hawaii too!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm not Hawaiian (a race/ethnicity), Joy, but Gail is!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
In Hawaii, we're not Hawaiians in the sense that people from Texas are Texans because the native people to the land of Hawaii are called Hawaiians. Just a little OT bit of info.
icon_smile.gif

I look forward to chatting with you Jonna! Are you from Oahu?
confused.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 Hi Jonna! I am from Hawaii too!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm not Hawaiian (a race/ethnicity), Joy, but Gail is!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
In Hawaii, we're not Hawaiians in the sense that people from Texas are Texans because the native people to the land of Hawaii are called Hawaiians. Just a little OT bit of info.
icon_smile.gif

I look forward to chatting with you Jonna! Are you from Oahu?
confused.gif

I am not hawaiian also. I am puerto rican, spanish and portugese. My hubby is hawaiian.

Yes I am from oahu. I was raised in Aiea, attended private school and now live in Ewa beach.

Aloha & Welcome to MuT Jonna! It's nice to see another lady from Hawaii. Jess & I are here if you need help & I look forward to your posts.
biggrin.gif

Which private school did you go to? If you don't want to advertise it here, PM me.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by hawaiilatina I am not hawaiian also. I am puerto rican, spanish and portugese. My hubby is hawaiian.
Yes I am from oahu. I was raised in Aiea, attended private school and now live in Ewa beach.

Originally Posted by wongy74 Which private school did you go to? If you don't want to advertise it here, PM me.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
St. Elizabeth School-elemetary/intermediate and Star of the Sea High School C/O 88. Wow I'm getting old! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha Girl, you're not old. I'm '91.
tongue.gif
I feel like it. I have a cousin who was born when I graduated. She just made 17. I can't believe that all those years have past so quickly.

I know, I'm only 1 year away from 15-year reunion.
eek.gif
Sometimes I wonder where the time went.

I know what you mean, Jonna, although I'm '98 grad. I see my little sister and my friends' sisters about to graduate college, one about to graduate h.s., or even just in h.s. and I feel old. I mean, it seems like they were frickin elementary students just the other day. OMG! It's only going to get worse, isn't it?
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha I know, I'm only 1 year away from 15-year reunion.
eek.gif
Sometimes I wonder where the time went. It's weird b/c I've been married for 11.5 years now and had my first child at 29. Most of my classmates started right away. Some have teenagers.
icon_eek.gif

Within two years after I graduated, I think like half my class had kids already.
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by hawaiilatina It's weird b/c I've been married for 11.5 years now and had my first child at 29. Most of my classmates started right away. Some have teenagers.
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 I know what you mean, Jonna, although I'm '98 grad. I see my little sister and my friends' sisters about to graduate college, one about to graduate h.s., or even just in h.s. and I feel old. I mean, it seems like they were frickin elementary students just the other day. OMG! It's only going to get worse, isn't it?
icon_eek.gif
No kidding! I never thought I would be approaching my mid 30's. YEEKS!!!!
eek.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 Within two years after I graduated, I think like half my class had kids already.
icon_eek.gif
In a way it was good I waited. I got to have all my fun. I was married for six years before I got pregnant. My sister had her's right away and always wanted to go out.

Originally Posted by Trisha Welcome To MakeupTalk Jonna!
I’m Trisha, from Birmingham UK!

I’m one of the Make-Up forum MODs!

I’m sure you'll find it a great place with friendly people, interesting topics and fabulous features!!

You can review products in the review center and trade things you don’t like for things you do in the swap center!

You can PM a mod if you ever need any help. Look forward to reading your posts and chatting with you!

Luv Trisha xxx

Thanks for the welcome. I have always loved doing hair and makeup. I been doing both professionally for 16 years now. I enjoy getting new insights on products and other tips that other might have. It helps me with my clients. I find that there's now harm learning new things. In this business you have too!

A few of my friends are like that. Some are quite bad; it's like, do you ever spend time with your child?

Originally Posted by hawaiilatina In a way it was good I waited. I got to have all my fun. I was married for six years before I got pregnant. My sister had her's right away and always wanted to go out.

Hiya Jonna, welcome to MakeUpTalk! I'm Laura from Ireland. Look forward to chatting with you
biggrin.gif

Just wanted to pop in and say "HI" from the admininstration dept here on MUT. Hope to see ya around!

Originally Posted by hawaiilatina

Aloha everyone, my name is Jonna. I am from Hawaii where I was born and raised. I am married and have a 5 year old girl. I am a cosmetologist and currently work out of my home. I decided to be more of a ......stay at home mom. I am in the process of going to school again to become a registered nurse. I am so excited about this sight. I am truly addicted to makeup, changing my hair, and more. Hope to make many friends.

Latest posts

Back