Let's Get Fit Together!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AT 218lbs, I would have dropped dead 1 minute into a 5k.  My weight had everything to do with what I was able to do and not and all the health issues that were there as well.  I am less tired that I am no longer supporting 37lbs that I used to carry around. It was restricting my movement and the speed to which I was moving. You are able to do run the 5k at 263lbs, all the power to you.  That's awesome! That's more than what I can do now. I do think however, your fitness level is an exception and not the rule.  

I was not in that same situation and neither are the friends I have who are overweight by 75+lbs.   

Originally Posted by Hezzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL! I'm sorry but I had to laugh when I read this. Mandatory? According to whom? I certainly wasn't asked if I had been training b4 I ran my 5k. And I finished strong with no cardiac infarction lol Weight has NOTHING to do with fitness level. The most important thing is the condition that ur heart is in. I weigh more than most of my friends do and I can promise you that I can blow them away in any fitness challenge. I just had this conversation with my nutritionist, who is very fit and active, and she agreed. You CAN be fat and fit. I am on my way to a healthier weight but I know I am the most healthy I have ever been in my life.

Sorry that I didnt flip the image but this is me when i ran my 5k. I def don't think I'm the exception or anything special. If ur determined to do something, u'll do it, end of. If u dont want to do it u'll find a million excuses. Its really that simple but ppl like to complicate it more than it needs to be.

That is awesome and to me you are exceptional.  It may be all about determination to you but to many it is a physical barrier.  I had difficulty breathing once I reached 218lbs which prompted me to take action.  I would not have even considered running because my muscles were having problems supporting the additional weight.  My agility. flexibilty and movement had been compromised. 

At work, we have a lot of overweight people (sendentary, govt office job), I can ask 30 people and none would consider running a 5k as a possibility in their current condition.

After 37lbs shed, I can say I'd be able to run/walk a 5k because I do it every day on the treadmill at 7-8% incline.  I know I would not be able to run its entirety but I know I'd be able to complete it without having a heart attack or faint from lack of oxygen.  I'm 60% there, another 30+/- lbs and I'll reach my ideal weight and size once more.

You're awesome!!!!!  Have you ran any other races after this? If so, how did it differ? I know you lost a lot of weight, so do you feel that it's slightly easier? 

Originally Posted by Hezzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry that I didnt flip the image but this is me when i ran my 5k. I def don't think I'm the exception or anything special. If ur determined to do something, u'll do it, end of. If u dont want to do it u'll find a million excuses. Its really that simple but ppl like to complicate it more than it needs to be.

Oh and one more question, did you get shin splints when you first started running outdoors?

I haven't run a 5k since but I have run outside and its slightly easier. I used to HATE running when I first started and I just did it so me and husband would have something to do together, now I love it so that makes it easier too. But for some reason I can't run on the treadmill at all so kudos to u for that.

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're awesome!!!!!  Have you ran any other races after this? If so, how did it differ? I know you lost a lot of weight, so do you feel that it's slightly easier? 
I used to get major shin splits. Do toe taps. They help to strength ur chins. Just tap ur toes quickly like 100x on each side, once a day or more if u can stand it, it helps.

Oh and one more question, did you get shin splints when you first started running outdoors?

I have asthma so I have breathing problems too, as a matter of fact the day I was running this 5k i was starting to have an asthma attack b4 the race began. I hurt everyday, i'm sore all the time but I work through it. Something has to twig in ur brain to make u want to do these things, and a lot of ppl do. I don't like thinking i'm exceptional because I don't want ppl to think they have to b something special in order to do these things, anyone can do it.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is awesome and to me you are exceptional.  It may be all about determination to you but to many it is a physical barrier.  I had difficulty breathing once I reached 218lbs which prompted me to take action.  I would not have even considered running because my muscles were having problems supporting the additional weight.  My agility. flexibilty and movement had been compromised. 

At work, we have a lot of overweight people (sendentary, govt office job), I can ask 30 people and none would consider running a 5k as a possibility in their current condition.

After 37lbs shed, I can say I'd be able to run/walk a 5k because I do it every day on the treadmill at 7-8% incline.  I know I would not be able to run its entirety but I know I'd be able to complete it without having a heart attack or faint from lack of oxygen.  I'm 60% there, another 30+/- lbs and I'll reach my ideal weight and size once more.

Why are you in constant pain, Hezzie? I would just like to say, I can fit my goal jeans. The pair I was trying to get into when I started my new regime. Sucks that I don't really like the cut. They are size 32s (12). I've just bought 2 other pairs of size 12 jeans and they fit well! Can't wait to have them to be too big for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I work out every night. I've not experienced any soreness nor pain except for the first 3days.

So.. a while ago someone called that I wouldn't use my treadmill. Congratulations, you were right.
icon_redface.gif

I really need to do something, I weighed myself and I'm at about 175.. which is the absolute heaviest I've ever been in my entire life. Fortunately, I can still wear size 12s though (just bought a couple new pairs of 12s which don't give me muffin top; I'm 5'9.5").

I really need to do something about this (I think all the weight has gone to my chin, lol). I don't know if they're being nice, but when I've talked to people about my weight (and struggle) they say I don't look that big (my boyfriend seemed surprised that I weigh that much).. but all I see in the mirror is a blob. I weighed ~135 a few years ago, and while I don't really want to go that low (I do, but I need to be more realistic), I do need to lose some weight.

SO. I need your motivation tricks and tips.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! What an achievement! Ultimately, what size do you wanna be?

I would just like to say, I can fit my goal jeans. The pair I was trying to get into when I started my new regime. Sucks that I don't really like the cut. They are size 32s (12). I've just bought 2 other pairs of size 12 jeans and they fit well! Can't wait to have them to be too big for me
smile.gif

At the weight I need to be (150lbs) I'd be around size 8-9. That is another 30lbs to go.  Initially, my goal was to lose 60lbs but I've lost 37 and realize I can reach another 30 by next June, hopefully. 

I love that you're pacing yourself. So many people talk about how fast you can lose weight, and I think about how unpractical that is. It's great that you're able to set such achievable goals. 

So I decided that I'm going to postpone my 5k until I'm more comfortable running outdoors. Instead of doing my 5k, I'm going to do a hike tomorrow morning :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm pretty excited!

At the weight I need to be (150lbs) I'd be around size 8-9. That is another 30lbs to go.  Initially, my goal was to lose 60lbs but I've lost 37 and realize I can reach another 30 by next June, hopefully. 

I don't ever wanna gain it back.  I also don't want a bunch of flabby skin either which comes from rapid weight loss.  I used to be athletic, I know what I needed to do.  I just had to do it.  I want muscle tone and a healthy body, not skin, bone and fat.  Muscle tone is what's going to keep burning calories even when I'm not exercising.

You should give the 5k a try.  Walk it if you have to.  At least you'd know what its like. 

I love that you're pacing yourself. So many people talk about how fast you can lose weight, and I think about how unpractical that is. It's great that you're able to set such achievable goals. 

So I decided that I'm going to postpone my 5k until I'm more comfortable running outdoors. Instead of doing my 5k, I'm going to do a hike tomorrow morning :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm pretty excited!

Its been a very crappy week here on the East Coast. And I have been sooooooooooooo busy getting things together for our big move that I haven't been to the gym this week. I did make an amazing quinoa and roasted pepper chili, it come out awesome. I hope everyone is having a great week!

I just want to say, I'm down 39lbs since June 1st, 2012. I've just bought my first pairs of size 11 jeans, a size I've not seen in a couple of years. Size 16 to size 11...Size 8 is getting closer.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You've been doing awesome! 

I just want to say, I'm down 39lbs since June 1st, 2012. I've just bought my first pairs of size 11 jeans, a size I've not seen in a couple of years. Size 16 to size 11...Size 8 is getting closer.

I'm glad that I am seeing results because it's really hard to keep working out so diligently every night altho I have skipped a few days (5-6 days since June 1) but not consecutively.  I don't have a photo of 218lbs but then again who wants to see that.  Here's 178lbs and I'll have something to compare 150lbs to hopefully before my next birthday in May :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

you look great! Love the mirror shot!! Every girl has to have one lol

Quote:

I'm glad that I am seeing results because it's really hard to keep working out so diligently every night altho I have skipped a few days (5-6 days since June 1) but not consecutively.  I don't have a photo of 218lbs but then again who wants to see that.  Here's 178lbs and I'll have something to compare 150lbs to hopefully before my next birthday in May :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back