Let's Get Fit Together!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My goal for April 1 is to get hydration and stay hydrated. I tend to drink more soda and tea than actual water because I really do not like the taste of water (I can tastes the minerals and it comes across as metallic) so I have been experimenting with other hydration options. One of the most recent discoveries I made is coconut water (Viva CoCo). I've started stocking that for when I am in tournaments and I've noticed it really has started making a difference and it tastes good! Bonus!

So I am going to start stock piling that in the house and using it for my runs as well as tournaments.

My goal for the new year was to drink more water! I've done really well and my skin definitely proves it. I try to drink only water while I'm at work, but allow myself coffee/tea in the morning.

Me too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but iced tea at night.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My goal for the new year was to drink more water! I've done really well and my skin definitely proves it. I try to drink only water while I'm at work, but allow myself coffee/tea in the morning.

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but since I'm not much of a runner I don't really know where to start. I'm sooooooo out of shape. I workout at the gym SOMETIMES. I do an hour of cardio and usually burn about 600 calories. I usually do the elliptical for 30 minutes and treadmill (walking on an incline) for another 30. I'm get tired just by doing that! So I think if I run I'll freakin die! lol. Does anyone have any tips on how to start running?

I made an appointment with a personal trainer (we get 3/semester free) to work on my stretching. I am super inflexible, it's rather embarrassing. Hopefully she'll give me some things to do at home.

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but since I'm not much of a runner I don't really know where to start. I'm sooooooo out of shape. I workout at the gym SOMETIMES. I do an hour of cardio and usually burn about 600 calories. I usually do the elliptical for 30 minutes and treadmill (walking on an incline) for another 30. I'm get tired just by doing that! So I think if I run I'll freakin die! lol. Does anyone have any tips on how to start running?
Do the couch to 5k. I posted a link to some really good podcasts for it. You start walking for like 5 minutes, then 90 seconds, run for 90 seconds, walk, run, walk, run, walk, and then a cool down of 5 minutes IIRC.

I'm listening to it right now. Thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Do you suggest this on top of my regular workout? Or should I just do this? Also, how many times a week should I do it?

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do the couch to 5k. I posted a link to some really good podcasts for it. You start walking for like 5 minutes, then 90 seconds, run for 90 seconds, walk, run, walk, run, walk, and then a cool down of 5 minutes IIRC.

I think they recommend doing each phase 3 times a week, every other day. That's what I did when I did the first week, only I did it for two weeks because I still sucked at running.

I'm going to eventually start doing C25K with my "regular" workouts, on the days I don't go in. I'm not sure that'll be too much but I'll give it a shot. Maybe I'll start that 4/1 as well.

I bough a FitBit ( It's a pedometer brand) and I've lost ten pounds in the last three weeks. It's my new best friend. I sleep with it so that it can monitor my sleep patterns and I wear it all day so it can count my calories burned/ floors climbed. steps walked. It uploads wirelessly to the website where I can keep a daily journal, log what I ate for the day and see how I compare to what I did the day before. It also cost me about $100 which is just enough of a motivation to make me keep using it. I need something that keeps me honest with my eating habits. After a bad day at work comfort eating is my go to.

Originally Posted by TacomaGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bough a FitBit ( It's a pedometer brand) and I've lost ten pounds in the last three weeks. It's my new best friend. I sleep with it so that it can monitor my sleep patterns and I wear it all day so it can count my calories burned/ floors climbed. steps walked. It uploads wirelessly to the website where I can keep a daily journal, log what I ate for the day and see how I compare to what I did the day before. It also cost me about $100 which is just enough of a motivation to make me keep using it. I need something that keeps me honest with my eating habits. After a bad day at work comfort eating is my go to.
Congratulations!! I'm going to have to look into FitBit, even if only for the sleep pattern monitoring.

Originally Posted by TacomaGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That sounds really useful! Maybe I'll look into it after pay day. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

My goal for April 1 is to get hydration and stay hydrated. I tend to drink more soda and tea than actual water because I really do not like the taste of water (I can tastes the minerals and it comes across as metallic) so I have been experimenting with other hydration options. One of the most recent discoveries I made is coconut water (Viva CoCo). I've started stocking that for when I am in tournaments and I've noticed it really has started making a difference and it tastes good! Bonus!

So I am going to start stock piling that in the house and using it for my runs as well as tournaments.

Did I mention the get healthy part? I was just diagnosed with strep. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

thanks ladies.

It's not very hard for me to get strep. It's a good year if I only get it once and this is now twice in 3 months. The only difference this time was that I didn't wait 2 weeks to finally believe that it really was strep and not just a bad sore throat. (My usual MO)

Thankfully I caught it now so I should still be ready to go come April 1. It's just annoying as hell.

Hi everyone!!  This is an awesome thread and I'd love to be part of it... only that, no one seems to be posting their exercises?  Am I missing something? 
icon_wink.gif

Today is my off day and I have therapy scheduled for tonight, but tomorrow Im hiting pavement.  Hope to see some posts and progress here.

Pancua - sorry to hear that you're sick - I hope you feel better soon.

My S/O bought me a Garmin watch for my birthday a few years ago and next to the BodyBugg/SlimCoach/FitBit its the best thing to keep you on track... its pricey but if you wanna take your running and/or cycling serious, a good GPS watch is the way to go.  It monitors all of my runs, distance, elevation, heart rate, calories, etc.  Amazing!  I highly recommend it.

Good luck everyone!! Post soon, post often!

Any chance it could be triggered by something?  Wow, twice in three months is harsh!!

thanks ladies.

It's not very hard for me to get strep. It's a good year if I only get it once and this is now twice in 3 months. The only difference this time was that I didn't wait 2 weeks to finally believe that it really was strep and not just a bad sore throat. (My usual MO)

Thankfully I caught it now so I should still be ready to go come April 1. It's just annoying as hell.

I think most of us are starting on 4/1.

Though I did go to the gym yesterday, and plan on going tomorrow and Friday. I usually do an hour of cardio divided by 30 minutes of weights.

And I just realized I have the FitBit Activity/Calorie tracker app on my iTunes.. I took it off my iPod though because I never used it, but maybe I'll put it back on.

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi everyone!!  This is an awesome thread and I'd love to be part of it... only that, no one seems to be posting their exercises?  Am I missing something? 
icon_wink.gif

Today is my off day and I have therapy scheduled for tonight, but tomorrow Im hiting pavement.  Hope to see some posts and progress here.

Pancua - sorry to hear that you're sick - I hope you feel better soon.

My S/O bought me a Garmin watch for my birthday a few years ago and next to the BodyBugg/SlimCoach/FitBit its the best thing to keep you on track... its pricey but if you wanna take your running and/or cycling serious, a good GPS watch is the way to go.  It monitors all of my runs, distance, elevation, heart rate, calories, etc.  Amazing!  I highly recommend it.

Good luck everyone!! Post soon, post often!

LOL! Yup - missed that part!

Quote:

I think most of us are starting on 4/1.

Though I did go to the gym yesterday, and plan on going tomorrow and Friday. I usually do an hour of cardio divided by 30 minutes of weights.

And I just realized I have the FitBit Activity/Calorie tracker app on my iTunes.. I took it off my iPod though because I never used it, but maybe I'll put it back on.

Absolutly!!  Every little bit helps! 

I carry around a daily planner for work and personal stuff, but found it too small to keep my food and excersize and calorie intake information so I started carring two planners.  It's a pain in the you-know-what... but I'm determined.  Plus I've decided that it makes me look important when I sit down for lunch and pull out two planners! LOL!!
laughing.gif

Edited: Here's a pic of my two planners... granted, my diet and exersice one (left) has a few missed days depending on stress and energy levels, but I try to get everything written down on a daily basis.  Its not perfect... but it keeps me on track.

Latest posts

Back