Let's Get Fit Together!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time I worked out was last Wednesday! lol. It'll be a week tomorrow, so I better get up at 5:30am to jumpstart my workout AGAIN lol.

I'm starting tomorrow morning :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll be sure to post if I actually workout. Tonight I'm DLing the podcasts Amberlamps posted so I can use that for tomorrows workout

Once we move (April 19th) I am going to start up the Wii fit again and Zumba. I was doing pretty good there for awhile and then when I got sick at the beginning of the year, it also fell by the way side. 

My mom loves Zumba! I tried it with her recently and I have no coordination. I felt more burn in my legs from that in shorter time than I do when I (infrequently) do pilates.

I LOVE zumba. I don't have the motiviation to do it by myself though and classes were starting to add up big time.

Quote: Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My mom loves Zumba! I tried it with her recently and I have no coordination. I felt more burn in my legs from that in shorter time than I do when I (infrequently) do pilates.
I love that burn! I need to work on my core a bit more as well so I'm hoping once I get settled in my routine, i can start throwing in pilates to mix it up.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I LOVE zumba. I don't have the motiviation to do it by myself though and classes were starting to add up big time.
I refuse to do classes. I look and feel like a bumbling idiot, no way I would do it in front of people!!

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love that burn! I need to work on my core a bit more as well so I'm hoping once I get settled in my routine, i can start throwing in pilates to mix it up.

I refuse to do classes. I look and feel like a bumbling idiot, no way I would do it in front of people!!

lol, its so much fun and everyone else is so into their routine they won't even notice you!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol, its so much fun and everyone else is so into their routine they won't even notice you!

That's okay,  I'll just stay at home. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just joined over at Fitbit, if anyone else is on there, I'd love to link up! You can find me as Pancua.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was afraid of taking classes, but finally took a stretch & flex class. It was filled with mostly elderly ladies, and the one who sat next to me was  very helpful. I haven't been back though because the time slot doesn't fit with my schedule right now. (I go to the school's fitness center. They have a gym, and also free classes for those enrolled in their Fitness Program)

I'd love a stretching class, I think that would help me out quite a bit. The challenge is finding one that works with my schedule too. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A lot of the stretches reminded me of yoga & pilates. With the exception of one, which really stretched me out.

You lay on your back, and then with your legs up, you cross them (if you were sitting in a chair, it'd be how men cross their legs [side note, I usually cross my legs like that too] with your ankle on your knee) and then pull the bottom leg up to your chest.

That sounds confusing, but I found a picture of someone doing it.

I'm pretty sure that is the facial expression I was making too!

On second thought, I'm pretty sure I did this in a Yogalates (yoga/pilates hybrid) class I took with my sister-in-law. It's easier to go to classes with people you know, for me anyway.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A lot of the stretches reminded me of yoga & pilates. With the exception of one, which really stretched me out.

You lay on your back, and then with your legs up, you cross them (if you were sitting in a chair, it'd be how men cross their legs [side note, I usually cross my legs like that too] with your ankle on your knee) and then pull the bottom leg up to your chest.

That sounds confusing, but I found a picture of someone doing it.

I'm pretty sure that is the facial expression I was making too!

On second thought, I'm pretty sure I did this in a Yogalates (yoga/pilates hybrid) class I took with my sister-in-law. It's easier to go to classes with people you know, for me anyway.
lool I just tried to do that...pretty sure I sprained my back lmao.

The last stretch we did in that stretch class was a pain in my legs! Literally. I kept getting cramps in them. I don't remember what it was though.

Ok... so I lied. I did NOT workout this morning!! jajaja

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Last time I worked out was last Wednesday! lol. It'll be a week tomorrow, so I better get up at 5:30am to jumpstart my workout AGAIN lol.

I'm starting tomorrow morning :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll be sure to post if I actually workout. Tonight I'm DLing the podcasts Amberlamps posted so I can use that for tomorrows workout

if you force yourself today, i'll force myself tomorrow lol

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I'm going to force myself to go today.

I ran up hill today at lunch, it was insane... I went with a coworker who does crossfit... yeah, she kicked my butt.

Good news: 3.8 miles... 408 calories burned! Yay!
arco.gif

Bad news:  I forgot my lunch and ate a Veggie Burrito... high in carbs, but otherwise a better option... then I ate a cookie.  Which, is NOT on the plan. LOL!  Oh well. 

Hmm. I might not go to the gym today. I won't have access to a vehicle until late, and well I'm making excuses.

I went on a decently long walk last night (trying to break in my unused shoes before April 1st) and picked up some new sports bras since the cheapo ones I had weren't really doing their job at all. Also, this is day 2 without soda, so yay! Cutting back in that area hasn't been so bad. 

I am so loving the motivation, ladies!  I need it.  I coincidentally began my first day of working out today, random, I know, on a Wednesday, but I've been procrastinating and I want to fit into my clothes nicely for summer and that means I have to do something about it now.  I think that this could be a great thing, knowing that I have a group that is going through the same thing I am and that I am semi-accountable to should give me a kick in the butt when I desperately need it.  It's just so easy to be lazy!  I'm also sick, fibromyalgia, so that makes it really hard for me.  Exercising = helps with fibromyalgia - fibromyalgia = makes exercising hard, it's a desperate cycle.  But one that I'm determined to break!  With your help.  We can do it.  Thanks for thinking up the idea, I'm definitely on board.  Let's go!

Back