Let's Get Fit Together!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time I worked out was last Wednesday! lol. It'll be a week tomorrow, so I better get up at 5:30am to jumpstart my workout AGAIN lol.

I'm starting tomorrow morning :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll be sure to post if I actually workout. Tonight I'm DLing the podcasts Amberlamps posted so I can use that for tomorrows workout

Once we move (April 19th) I am going to start up the Wii fit again and Zumba. I was doing pretty good there for awhile and then when I got sick at the beginning of the year, it also fell by the way side. 

My mom loves Zumba! I tried it with her recently and I have no coordination. I felt more burn in my legs from that in shorter time than I do when I (infrequently) do pilates.

I LOVE zumba. I don't have the motiviation to do it by myself though and classes were starting to add up big time.

Quote: Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My mom loves Zumba! I tried it with her recently and I have no coordination. I felt more burn in my legs from that in shorter time than I do when I (infrequently) do pilates.
I love that burn! I need to work on my core a bit more as well so I'm hoping once I get settled in my routine, i can start throwing in pilates to mix it up.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I LOVE zumba. I don't have the motiviation to do it by myself though and classes were starting to add up big time.
I refuse to do classes. I look and feel like a bumbling idiot, no way I would do it in front of people!!

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love that burn! I need to work on my core a bit more as well so I'm hoping once I get settled in my routine, i can start throwing in pilates to mix it up.

I refuse to do classes. I look and feel like a bumbling idiot, no way I would do it in front of people!!

lol, its so much fun and everyone else is so into their routine they won't even notice you!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol, its so much fun and everyone else is so into their routine they won't even notice you!

That's okay,  I'll just stay at home. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just joined over at Fitbit, if anyone else is on there, I'd love to link up! You can find me as Pancua.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was afraid of taking classes, but finally took a stretch & flex class. It was filled with mostly elderly ladies, and the one who sat next to me was  very helpful. I haven't been back though because the time slot doesn't fit with my schedule right now. (I go to the school's fitness center. They have a gym, and also free classes for those enrolled in their Fitness Program)

I'd love a stretching class, I think that would help me out quite a bit. The challenge is finding one that works with my schedule too. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A lot of the stretches reminded me of yoga & pilates. With the exception of one, which really stretched me out.

You lay on your back, and then with your legs up, you cross them (if you were sitting in a chair, it'd be how men cross their legs [side note, I usually cross my legs like that too] with your ankle on your knee) and then pull the bottom leg up to your chest.

That sounds confusing, but I found a picture of someone doing it.

I'm pretty sure that is the facial expression I was making too!

On second thought, I'm pretty sure I did this in a Yogalates (yoga/pilates hybrid) class I took with my sister-in-law. It's easier to go to classes with people you know, for me anyway.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A lot of the stretches reminded me of yoga & pilates. With the exception of one, which really stretched me out.

You lay on your back, and then with your legs up, you cross them (if you were sitting in a chair, it'd be how men cross their legs [side note, I usually cross my legs like that too] with your ankle on your knee) and then pull the bottom leg up to your chest.

That sounds confusing, but I found a picture of someone doing it.

I'm pretty sure that is the facial expression I was making too!

On second thought, I'm pretty sure I did this in a Yogalates (yoga/pilates hybrid) class I took with my sister-in-law. It's easier to go to classes with people you know, for me anyway.
lool I just tried to do that...pretty sure I sprained my back lmao.

The last stretch we did in that stretch class was a pain in my legs! Literally. I kept getting cramps in them. I don't remember what it was though.

Ok... so I lied. I did NOT workout this morning!! jajaja

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Last time I worked out was last Wednesday! lol. It'll be a week tomorrow, so I better get up at 5:30am to jumpstart my workout AGAIN lol.

I'm starting tomorrow morning :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll be sure to post if I actually workout. Tonight I'm DLing the podcasts Amberlamps posted so I can use that for tomorrows workout

if you force yourself today, i'll force myself tomorrow lol

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I'm going to force myself to go today.

I ran up hill today at lunch, it was insane... I went with a coworker who does crossfit... yeah, she kicked my butt.

Good news: 3.8 miles... 408 calories burned! Yay!
arco.gif

Bad news:  I forgot my lunch and ate a Veggie Burrito... high in carbs, but otherwise a better option... then I ate a cookie.  Which, is NOT on the plan. LOL!  Oh well. 

Hmm. I might not go to the gym today. I won't have access to a vehicle until late, and well I'm making excuses.

I went on a decently long walk last night (trying to break in my unused shoes before April 1st) and picked up some new sports bras since the cheapo ones I had weren't really doing their job at all. Also, this is day 2 without soda, so yay! Cutting back in that area hasn't been so bad. 

I am so loving the motivation, ladies!  I need it.  I coincidentally began my first day of working out today, random, I know, on a Wednesday, but I've been procrastinating and I want to fit into my clothes nicely for summer and that means I have to do something about it now.  I think that this could be a great thing, knowing that I have a group that is going through the same thing I am and that I am semi-accountable to should give me a kick in the butt when I desperately need it.  It's just so easy to be lazy!  I'm also sick, fibromyalgia, so that makes it really hard for me.  Exercising = helps with fibromyalgia - fibromyalgia = makes exercising hard, it's a desperate cycle.  But one that I'm determined to break!  With your help.  We can do it.  Thanks for thinking up the idea, I'm definitely on board.  Let's go!

Latest posts

Back