Light/Medium Foundation Rec's..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey girlies,

Well i've finally found my HG full coverage foundation (thanks to the girls on here!) and now i wanna find a light/medium coverage foundation that would be safe to use every day to work. I can use the full coverage foundation when i badly need it but i don't want to get in to the habit of using it every day!

Any rec's for me? I've combination skin. Thanks in advance!

Oh & in case anyone is wondering what my HG full coverage foundation is.. its

ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR FLUID FOUNDATION
biggrin.gif

oh, interesting. I´m looking for a light/medium foundation as well!!!

I love my MAC Hyper Real to death (my HG for nighttime, sometimes if I feel extra glamourous *g* even during the day), but I´m constantly worried I look too shimmery if I wear it during the day.

You should look into L'Oreal True Match - it's dugstore, but it's light/med. coverage & you can get your perfect shade. Plus it goes on really nicely for what it its.. Kind of like the "High end" foundation of drug stores
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Plus they have matching pressed powders - which I still use w/ my MAC. MAC Moistureblends is nice to b/c you can really blend it sheer - or you can go full - its very versatile.
wink.gif

i love, love, love my stila illuminating liquid foundation. don't let the name fool you, though. it's not really illuminating. it just gives off the dewy look. i LOVE it. i also have combo skin. trisha's even said everyone goes back to the counter for more. what do you think, trisha? good recommendation?

I like Stila Illuminating Liquid Foundation, but I find it a bit too heavy for everyday use and save it for evening. For everyday at the moment I'm using Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, but I secretly think I might go back to Chantecaille real skin soon. It'sd getting nearer to spring and I don't want to feel too made up.

Originally Posted by Lealabell I like Stila Illuminating Liquid Foundation, but I find it a bit too heavy for everyday use and save it for evening. do you really? maybe it IS a lot of coverage. i haven't tried MANY foundations, so maybe you're right. maybe stila's tinted moisturizer would work well, then. that's what i've used prior to ILF.

Hi Laura ~ That's good to know cause, I'm looking for what you finally found for a full coverage foundation...I'll have to check out the Estee Lauder counter this weekend...lol I love their magnascoptic mascara too ~ I use to use the Lancome Maquivelous, but they discontinued the one I liked (naturally, the story of my life)...oh well...Thanks again.....
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Hey girlies,
Well i've finally found my HG full coverage foundation (thanks to the girls on here!) and now i wanna find a light/medium coverage foundation that would be safe to use every day to work. I can use the full coverage foundation when i badly need it but i don't want to get in to the habit of using it every day!

Any rec's for me? I've combination skin. Thanks in advance!

Oh & in case anyone is wondering what my HG full coverage foundation is.. its

ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR FLUID FOUNDATION
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer do you really? maybe it IS a lot of coverage. i haven't tried MANY foundations, so maybe you're right. maybe stila's tinted moisturizer would work well, then. that's what i've used prior to ILF. I used to use stila's tinted moisturiser, but then it started making me a bit shiny (tough to do as I've got dry skin) and I wasn't as happy with the shade match. i tried the new ones and there still wasn't really a shade for me.

Originally Posted by Lealabell I used to use stila's tinted moisturiser, but then it started making me a bit shiny (tough to do as I've got dry skin) and I wasn't as happy with the shade match. i tried the new ones and there still wasn't really a shade for me. did you use moisturizer before it? i never depend on tinted moisturizers to actually put enough moisturizer on me. once i stopped, it looked fine. i bought it when there was only 3 shades. i used it in light, but it kept looking orangey on me towards the end of the day.

i'm looking for a light/medium coverage foundation also. but i'm more on the normal/dry, acne prone side.

i have mac's tinted moisturizer, but it doesn't do much.

i've tried hyper real, but it does make me too shiny/glittery.
frown.gif

any recs for my skin type? i'm nc35 in MAC (i've been tanning! lol)

Trish:

I want to check out stila's illuminating foundation, do you know what shade I would be? would it be too shimmery since I would be wearing it during the day?

TIA!

Originally Posted by Trisha I dont think it'd be the best thing for Laura, cos she has combo-oily, acne prone (i think) skin like me! Its only really for Normal to dry skin xx Yup i have combo (on the oily side) skin & i suffer from breakouts.. I used Stila Illuminating Foundation before & i found it really clogged my pores so i swapped it away..
Any other rec's girls?

Originally Posted by Laura Any other rec's girls? I like Prescriptives Virtual Skin. It's got builable coverage, and i like to apply it with my MAC Stippling/Skunk brush to get a dewy finish.

Hello Ladies,

My first rec. is Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer. It's light and evens out your skintone but does not cover all your freckles and spots and such. Coverage is minimal but effective.

My second rec is Shu Uemura Water in Perfect Liquid foundation. This is a sheer to medium (if you build on it) foundation. It's water based so it would be suitable for moderately oily to moderately dry skin - I know people who use it that are in that range. This is one of the foundations I reach for when I'm in a hurry and need something.

Regards

I've been using MAC's tinted moisturizer or whatever it's called, and i really like it (not because i'm a mac ho. lol). It's a light coverage and it does even out my skin tone and it doesn't look like i'm wearing anything. if i want a little more coverage, i just dot some studio tech on any spots i want to cover and just a light dusting of studio fix.

I agree with lizzyb. I use the MAC tinted moisturizer in the same manner and I really love it. It makes my skin look very even-toned.

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 I've been using MAC's tinted moisturizer or whatever it's called, and i really like it (not because i'm a mac ho. lol). It's a light coverage and it does even out my skin tone and it doesn't look like i'm wearing anything. if i want a little more coverage, i just dot some studio tech on any spots i want to cover and just a light dusting of studio fix.

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I agree with lizzyb. I use the MAC tinted moisturizer in the same manner and I really love it. It makes my skin look very even-toned. I got a sample of this stuff yesterday and i'm really liking it. It evens out my skin tone and doesn't feel heavy.

Maybe Clinique´s Perfectly Real would work on you. I have been complaining about it, but the reason it´s not really working for me is that my skin is so dry (they never should have sold me that one since it´s for normal-oily skins...).

But I think it makes a really good "everyday"- appearance, I think it really does a good job to even out skin tone without "looking like makeup". I think it has been in Cliniques GWP recently so maybe someone you know has a sample size you could try.

//Jenny

I got a sample of MAC's select spf, so i'll see how that one works. i got hyper real before, and it made me too shimmery, so i took it back.

I love Make Up For Ever Face & Body foundation, it's waterproof, water-based and very light going on but has buildable coverage. skin looks like it's wearing nothing! at $42CDN it's quite expensive for me but worth it.

http://makeup411.com/images/best_of_...&Body_MUFE.jpg

There are many korean/japanese brands that provide natural looking coverage and a nice finish, i get them at neobeauty.com. They have great customer service and speedy shipping (even to canada)

Hankook Calli Real Skin Foundation SPF 10

trans_1x1.gif

Natural, light coverage oil-free foundation, but fragranced

http://neobeauty.com/hancalrealsk1.html

http://store1.yimg.com/I/neobeauty-com_1840_11058176

Amore Laneige Clear Lighting Foundation

oil-control liquid foundation, nice clear finish

http://neobeauty.com/amlanclearli.html

http://store1.yimg.com/I/neobeauty-com_1838_4045910

IPKN Micron Foundation

natural coverage minerals suspended in liquid

http://neobeauty.com/ipmicfoun.html

http://store1.yimg.com/I/neobeauty-com_1838_12811429

Amore Laneige Completing Cake Foundation

you could try a twin-cake powder foundation, it makes the skin look like satin and has buildable coverage, however it is fragranced and i find my skin is sensitive to fragrance.

http://neobeauty.com/amlancomcakf.html

http://store1.yimg.com/I/neobeauty-com_1838_4077406

Latest posts

Back