Light skin, dark eyebrows?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need honest answers, first let me start off by saying I have strawberry blond hair - yes it's natural. My hair us long and about 6-9 inches of it is grown out the rest is a dark brownish redish mess. My skin is light and very red....allll the time! Recently, my mother had gotten me a new eyebrow pencil to try (Anastasia BeverlyHills...the only eyebrow pencil ill use) but she had gotten the color auburn which is a darker brownish red. I tried it and I actually loved it! My entire life I've had hardly noticeable eyebrows...is going dark like that wrong? What do you guys think.

P.s my face is a tad darker and more red...its summer. I added some pictures of myself now so you all have a better idea

WP_20160408_12_25_36_Selfie.jpg

B612-2016-05-17-06-10-41.jpg

Hey hun! I don't think going dark is "wrong" ... wear whatever makes you comfortable. Obviously you want it to look natural so a nice warm medium brown seems a good way to go - it'll match the warmth of your natural hair but make them stand out more to frame your face nicely :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> xx

As far as eyebrows go, if you have blonde toned hair, most women try to match the darkest tone in their hair. So, for you, most women match the deepest red tone. For instance, if there is a woman with dirty blonde hair, then she would take the darkest brown color in her roots, and match her eyebrows to that.

Adversely, if you have brown toned hair, then most women go one shade lighter than their hair color. If you look at my picture to the left, you'll see I have medium brown hair, so I go with ABH Brow Wiz in Soft Brown.

I think Auburn would look great on you, as it does have that red tone to it, and it will highlight the darker tones of red in your hair. Just remember to use light, hairlike strokes and to comb through the product when finished, and you can make it look very natural and complementary to your face and hair. You may also experiment with tinted brow gels, to achieve a bolder brow, on top of that, if you like.

Either way, the girls above are right. Do what makes you comfortable and what makes you feel beautiful and the rest of the world will get on board too! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You're very pretty girl! I think that you can't go wrong with the dark eyebrows, just make sure that the undertone is yellowish..I think that the cold tone wouldn't be the best choice, considering your natural hair color, which is pretty warm.   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back