Lip Monthly

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I came across this new subscription service that just launched.  It's $20 a month for 2-3 full size and 2-3 sample sizes of different types of lip products from "mainstream to more niche brands".  Right now use code LIPMONTHLY for 50% off until Sunday March 9th.  Shipping is also free unless you're out of the U.S. which in that case it will run you about $6 extra. I'm thinking of going for it and trying it out for a month & with the code I'll only have to pay $10 so if it sucks, I won't lose out too much.  To cancel, you just have to email them.  What do you guys think?

"LipMonthly helps you discover the best lip products on the market. Every month we’ll send you a unique box straight to your door and help you discover the best of Lip Glosses, Lip Stains, Lip Balms, Lip Sticks and much more."

www.lipmonthly.com

I saw an ad for this today too. I looked at their webpage and I will be waiting to see actual reviews before deciding to sub (although I was tempted by the 4 months for $36 plan). I am always highly suspicious of sub companies that have not even launched, yet somehow have glowing reviews and testimonials on their webpage. I was not able to locate any mention of them by any of the magazines or tv shows they mentioned they had been featured in (although a better MUT sleuth may find something I missed).

Please post a review of your box here when you receive it. I would love to see what you get!

I have not signed up for this service yet.  I'm trying to get more information and hopefully find some real actual reviews before I go for it.  Who knows though, I just might cave in real soon!  I'm just a bit suspicious when it comes to newly launched services such as this.

I clicked on the link to their store (thinking that if prior boxes existed, there may be some lip products from them for sale) and it took me to the Spicy Subscriptions adult sub box store...so maybe it's an off shoot of that box?

I received an email from subscriptionboxes.com saying "lip monthly has launched". That sort of makes it seem like it just launched, right? According to their testimonials on their site, they've had members for at least 4 months... but when I checked out the reviews on subscriptionboxes.com, (they've had 5 reviews all within 4 minute span today) some say they just received the premier box. Their website also states the box is $20, but one of the reviewers said it's also $10. hmm... Seems pretty fishy to me. They also didn't pass the firewall test on my phone, just like marigoldsue stated.

Oops, I just checked the email I received with the Lip Monthly coupon and the coupon is 50% off for life, which would make the reviewer's comment about the box being only $10 valid. My bad.

Looks like I'm going to be the guinea pig for everyone in this one. I subbed. It showed up on card as Spicy Subscriptions.

Quote: Originally Posted by probablyedible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I decided to go for it after all and just subscribed.  So nervous but excited though.  Fingers cross!!  =P

Quote: Originally Posted by utgal2004 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks like I'm going to be the guinea pig for everyone in this one. I subbed. It showed up on card as Spicy Subscriptions.
Well Spicy Subscriptions is a legit box, so I am guessing this one will be too. Can't wait to see what brands and products you get!

Hmm. I'm torn. I tried spicy subscriptions for two months and it was soooo lame, definitely not worth the $, but 4 months for 36 even if it's a couple lip glosses and some lippies might not be bad.

Unfortunately I won't get my first box until April.  I received a confirmation email a few days ago saying that my first box will be delivered between the the 10th and 15th of April.  I was hoping to receive the box this month so I can get a picture up for everyone soon but no go.. =(

I subscribed last week, using he $10 code. I am excited and planned to try it for only one month then cancel but when I ordered, I couldn't get it to submit the first time (on my iPad) so I pushed it again. Now in my bank account it shows I was charged twice and it does say spicy subscriptions. Also there are two thirty cent charges that say something about POS international charges. Not sure what that is, because I'm in the US and thought they were too. Also I have written to 3 different places (all which say response within 24 hours), since last week and got no reply. I'm worried because I definitely have to cancel and can only afford the one box and only the one time!

Hi Rachel,
I have two questions:

1.  Any plans to accept payment via Paypal?  I am a little hesitant to give my CC # to a new company.  And as someone who had to replace her card twice after the Target data compromise, I really prefer not to tae any chances!

2.  How individualized will your boxes be?  For example, I have very light skin and red hair.  I can't wear bright pinks or corals or any reds.  But I have a lot of pigmentation in my lips, so nudes don't work for me either.  I have a really hard time getting colors I can actually use form my other lip focused sub.  Will you usually have multiple shades of a product to work with, and will we fill out some type of profile that indicates what millwork for us?

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachelmorris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi Amy!

Our apologies for not replying so far - I think there was a mixup with our e-mail address on the e-mail confirmation that you received. It gave you the incorrect e-mail address.

This is the proper e-mail address ([email protected]) whereby you can reach us.

Regarding your duplicate sign up - We can refund it and also made sure that the 2nd subscription will not rebill. You will only be billed $10/month like you should be :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Rachel
Team LipMonthly

I signed up for a 4 month sub back in March because $36 for 4 months is hard to resist when you're promised at least 2 full sized lip products. But I got an email saying that I was waitlisted and won't receive my first box till May. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I haven't even gotten anything since the original email when I ordered. "We are very excited that you have subscribed to Lip Monthly (Lip Monthly - 1 Month). Your first Spice Box will be delivered within the first 10 - 15 days of May 2014." Kind of iffy on it.

Latest posts

Back