Lipstick CONSPIRACY!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was "depotting" my lipsticks and putting them in a palette tonight, and I made a shocking discovery. A good 40-50% of the product is down inside the tube and entirely inaccessible unless you dig it out!!! I couldn't believe it. Ladies when you hit what seems to be the bottom of your lipstick tube, don't throw it out! Keep going at it with a lip brush or scoop it out and put the rest in a little palette.

oooh this is good info to know. thanks!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I was "depotting" my lipsticks and putting them in a palette tonight, and I made a shocking discovery. A good 40-50% of the product is down inside the tube and entirely inaccessible unless you dig it out!!! I couldn't believe it. Ladies when you hit what seems to be the bottom of your lipstick tube, don't throw it out! Keep going at it with a lip brush or scoop it out and put the rest in a little palette. Wow that much? Good to know!

Originally Posted by devinjhans oooh this is good info to know. where do you get your lip palettes from? There are a couple of companies that sell empty lipstick palettes. Japonesque is one, and I think some of the theatrical companies sell them too. I also reuse little pots from lip balm or other products and other palettes that I've used up.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I was "depotting" my lipsticks and putting them in a palette tonight, and I made a shocking discovery. A good 40-50% of the product is down inside the tube and entirely inaccessible unless you dig it out!!! I couldn't believe it. Ladies when you hit what seems to be the bottom of your lipstick tube, don't throw it out! Keep going at it with a lip brush or scoop it out and put the rest in a little palette. I can't believe you guys didn't realize this. It's another reason to use a lipstick brush!

thanks for that, im nearly finished with my fave lippy that has been discontinued, now i know i got a bit of time to look for a substitute!!

Oooooooh! Brilliant!!
claps.gif

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I was "depotting" my lipsticks and putting them in a palette tonight, and I made a shocking discovery. A good 40-50% of the product is down inside the tube and entirely inaccessible unless you dig it out!!! I couldn't believe it. Ladies when you hit what seems to be the bottom of your lipstick tube, don't throw it out! Keep going at it with a lip brush or scoop it out and put the rest in a little palette.

OMG, I tell my customers about this all the time -- especially when they are distressed that their l/s has been discontinued. There's about an inch deep of lipstick in MAC tubes -- so don't throw 'em out yet!
smile.gif
I personally have the Japonesque palettes to hold my lipsticks (I scrape 'em out with a mini spatula) but you can also ask a SA for an empty sample jar and transfer the remainder of your lipstick. You can buy travel sized lip brushes which are really helpful.

I actually use bead boxes for all my cream makeup...they have either plastic or glass boxes with a bunch of little sections that are sold to store beads or other jewelry making material. They're usually much cheaper than most palettes and they hold so much more too. With the Japonesque ones, I can't get a full tube of l/s in a section...no problem with my bead boxes!

Alright Trisha I may sound like I have been locked in a bubble, but what exactly is the melting trick?

Originally Posted by Trisha i never thought of something like that, thanks envy! x No prob! Since I've been working for other people now doing makeup, I've had to find the most convenient ways to carry all my colors without having to deal with a bunch of individual pieces. So I just went palette crazy with everything
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm paranoid about melting my lipsticks. I just scoop the lipstick into the palette or container and then use a heated spoon to smash it down into the container. The top part melts and fills in the spaces so the top looks more even.

Originally Posted by Trisha scoop the remaining l/s onto a large metal spoon, heat til its melted completely, pour into the palette well, and leave to set! it looks great! x Cool trick!

Originally Posted by Trisha it doesnt change it, cos if you think about it, they have to heat it in the first place to put it into a mould/palette well x LOL! Good point!! Though I've noticed that even though the lipstick is still the same, somehow the color looked prettier when it was in the tube. It might just be a psychological thing for me though.

When melting them you can add two together and get yourself a new color!

I am on the hunt for the best red for me so I do that when I am down to the bottom of more than one and I just like to see what I can come up with in colors.

Anyone else ever mixed lipstick colors together to create a new one?

Latest posts

Back