little bumps on arms

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I get those tiny little bumps on the backs of my arms. I have heard conflicting info on what to do...some say scrub then, but then I've also heard that that's really bad. What do y'all do to get rid of these?

I use a loofah or I scrub really hard. And, I use a lot of lotion afterwards. I heard that it is really bad to scrub hard but my boyfriend touches them more than people look at them, so I want them to be smooth and not bumpy. What I am wondering is WHY people get those bumps on their arms? My brother sadly has them badly ALL over his skin.

welcome to the keratosis pilaris club.

http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologi...s_pilaris.html

the happy news that that its purely cosmetic. the unhappy news is that i rarely goes away on its own.

my GP an derm have both told me not to scrub or pick at it. this irritates and inflames the pore. i have had immediate and wonderful results with a prescription for lac-hydrin cream. i hear that its available over the counter in canada. basically, its a super strong alpha hydroxy acid cream. you can use regular AHA cream, but since the concentration isnt as strong, the results arent as good. it cleared up the bumps in 3 days, but the old red spots remained.

i stopped using it after a while because it stinks to high heaven, and it has to be applied 2 times a day pretty much forever for it to work. ive had KP since i can remember, and so do my family members. its hereditary. its starting to spread to my forearms and lower legs, soim not too happy about that.

i do find that the more i pick at it to try to unplug the follicles, the more it scars and worsens.

Yeah, my brother was given a medicated cream from a doctor. He couldn't use it after showers because supposedly it burned. And, I used it some, it was okay but it did smell really bad. And, it also had to be applied 2 times a day. I am so forgetful.

Latest posts

Back