Looking for a Sheer Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen

Reaction score
I am currently using Estee Lauder "Enlighten" which is a light coverage and is oil-free. My skin isn't extremely oily but I really prefer the oil free foundations. I like it pretty well but I hear it is going to be discontinued.

Suggestions for a really nice sheer/light, oil-free foundation?

Thanks,

Jen
icon_smile.gif

Prescriptives' Traceless foundation is very sheer, I used it for a while because my dermatoligist made me. In fact it was so sheer that it didn't really even out my skintone so I didn't really like it .... but it is very sheer and lightweight if that's what you're looking for. Also, it's supposed to "magically" adjust itself to your exact skintone so it doesn't come in many shades, but I found a shade that worked for me!

Maybe I don't want one that is that sheer then. I do need one that will even out my skin tone.

So...maybe I need one with "light" coverage instead of sheer.

Thanks for the info.
icon_smile.gif

I like Diorskin Pure Light foundation, it's sheer and doesn't make me break out. I just ordered Clarins Matte Foundation from gloss.com that is suppose to be oil free and stop the shine. As much as I like Diorskin my oil breaks through at noon and I'm looking for a foundation to last all day.

Bobbi Brown Oil-free Even Finish Foundation is really light, blends effortlessly and looks really natural. It's my HG! Great colour selection, too.

Hi Jeanette, just wanted to welcome you to MakeUpTalk! I'm Laura from Ireland. Look forward to chatting with you
biggrin.gif

Wow, thanks for all the advice!!! Can't wait to go out and try some now. There are Px, Dior and Clarins counters in my town. Don't have BB or the Chantecaille line locally. I would like to try those 2 brands though but would be unsure of shades.
icon_frown.gif
I will keep ya posted.
icon_wink.gif
Thanks again!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Armani's Matte Silk Foundation. Provides coverage w/out looking cakey. Spendy, but worth every single penny. I see you're in Texas & know that it's available @ SFA San Antonio & NM Dallas.

HTH!
smile.gif

my 2 favorites: Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse & Bare Escentuals Mineral foundation

Both sheer, light - but offer nice evening of skin tone
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I've had good luck with Stila Tinted Moisturizer. It covers nicely for a tm, in my opinion. However, Tarte Smooth Operator provides a little more coverage than Stila and is still fairly sheer + both have shades light enough for the palest of skintones.

I second Janelle, Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse is a great, light and airy! It's a good bargain as well. I shift around foundations a lot (when one runs out, I try something new
smile.gif
).

Also, try mixing a SPF moisturizer with your favorite cream foundation, for a sheer look.

Latest posts

Back