Looking for a super fantastic mascara...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been on my quest to find a truly fabulous mascara that will SERIOUSLY thicken my lashes... I have heard about Diorshow, but haven't ordered yet.

I have gotten mixed reviews about it, and I dunno if it is versatile enough for everyday use.

Any ideas?

I have Diorshow and I absolutely see it thicken my lashes. I would not be afraid to use it everyday except i have several brands of mascara and I just rotate through them all.

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Hi all,
I have been on my quest to find a truly fabulous mascara that will SERIOUSLY thicken my lashes... I have heard about Diorshow, but haven't ordered yet.

I have gotten mixed reviews about it, and I dunno if it is versatile enough for everyday use.

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by Charmaine I use Diorshow everyday and I love it! I've had it for a few months now, and it hasn't dried out on me, which is good since other people have had that happen to them. It really makes your lashes so thick and so long that you can tell a difference even when you're standing a few feet away from the mirror
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Ditto!

ok fine, you guys convinced me! Diorshow is the next mascara to come under the magnifying glass...

I have a friend that was checking to see if she could find YSL Faux Cils at her local Costco today. I hope she was able to get if for me!

I wish there was a Costco where I am, I dunno where the closest one is... I hope there is one in Tampa maybe... Now I want to try the YSL one too!

W00T!! There is one in Brandon and in Clearwater! Guess what my second stop is once I get back to school in the fall? (The first is to the nearest MAC counter for some lovin' of course...:icon_love)

Leila

Hi, I love Estee Lauder Magnascopic and also Chanel Extracils. Both magnify my lashes and don't go clumpy or dry up.

I'm a YSL Faux Cils fan too. I'm on my 5th tube of it! But i just bought Shu Basic Mascara on eBay last week for a change after Trisha recommended it. It hasnt arrived yet

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Hi all,

Any ideas?

Youy should try Lancome Hypnose MAscara! This dramatically thickens and curls your eyelashes!!! I've been using for a year and people ask me if I wear false eyelashes!

Man you SO have me wanting the new Stila mascara chick! Does it beat YSL Faux Cils & Shu Basic hands down? Shu basic arrived in the post this afternoon so i'll be using it for the first time tomorrow
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha Wait for Stila's new mascara called Fibre Optics to be released, it comes out on Sept 12th in the UK so should be sooner in the US, it gives a false lash effect. Will be on the look out for this one.

Originally Posted by Trisha Shu Basic is a nice basic and i use it as my base or wear it on its own for minimalistic days! But yes IMO Stila Fiber Optic beats YSl, i wore 1 coat of it yester and was like WOW!! Can you do comparison pics b/w the 2?
Melissa

Originally Posted by Trisha I duno the US price but over here it will be £13 compared to the £17.50 YSL costs!! So its all good! x £13 = roughly $26 USD. Our conversion is about double!So in comparision to £17.50 = approx $35 USD....that's great!

Melissa

Ok Ladies here comes a list of mascara I've used and my opinions on them:

YSL Volum effect fals lashes- just love it,need llitle amount of mascara to get a full volume,smells great,but dryed fast.

CD Illuminating lengthening mascara-give great length but also dryed out pretty quick.

CD Long Optic-I was a fan of this ones for a long while,beautiful lashes just like fake ones.

L'Oreal Double Extention-Volum,length but I foun it difficult to separete lashes.

Bourjois Pump Up Volume-supposedly should b giving vlolum and curl,but aftet firs round mascara went crispy.

Bourjois Coup de Theatre-works like L'Oreal but less volume.

Maybeline Volum Express-same as Bourjois

Nivea Lash Designer- It realy gives volum but not as YSL,well at least lashes are beautifuly separeted and looks great.

EL MagnaScopic- love it too,you need only 2 rounds to get a full volume.

HR Volumising and Curling Mascara-gets crispy.

And finely my fav for everyday use Gosh Amazing Lenght'N Build mascara-just Great for every day use,give volume and lenght in one,stays all day long.

I've only tried 2 of the ones you mentioned.. YSL Faux Clis & EL Magnascopic & i agree with what you said about both!

Must check out the Gosh mascara!

Originally Posted by Laura I've only tried 2 of the ones you mentioned.. YSL Faux Clis & EL Magnascopic & i agree with what you said about both!
Must check out the Gosh mascara!

Go for it.Afordable,and you get more for what you've paid for.I've been using it for over a year now and still happy with this mascara.

Originally Posted by lovesboxers Have any of you tried Benefits Bad Gal mascara? I am thinking of trying it next. No,not me.

Latest posts

Back