Looking great at 40??!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by naturally aww ..gee ...thank you Janelle! I do know one thing ..and that has stuck with me ..and a psychiatrist told me this ..that I'd ALWAYS see the scars on my face from my accident ..because it was traumatic ..even though with all the Plastic surgery ...it wouldn't change HOW I see myself ..if that makes sense!

The MIND is a VERY powerful thing!

Your welcome! You guys all look great! Honestly I thought you were all younger than your age. And Kim, from your pics I can't see any scars - so maybe it is more of a personal thing...

I don't know how I will either. Since I have mostly only gained weight and look the same as I do when I was 16. I am shocked though that none of those women pictured have had plastic surgery (of any form).

Yeah... must be good genes... Luckily - my grandmother who is about 75 looks 60.. and my mom who is 50 looks about 35-40 not one wrinkle or line (it's wierd actually, her skin looks better than mine!).. so there's hope!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I agree, Kim you look awesome and so do you Harleymom10860! I can only hope to look like you 2 when I'm in my 40s. Somehow I doubt I will.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

You are right about the sunscreen. I use it now. I did burn couple of times really bad when I was in my preteens and teens. I actually hardly ever used a sunscreen. It was the burn and then get color way which is so terrible for your skin. I think because of all that I got bad expression lines on my foreheard. I know part of it is the fact that they are expression lines but I think I remember the lines getting more noticeable after I got sun burned on my face. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Great article,Thanks for posting. I am 44 years,I have been told the 40's is the new 30's. I have never been happier than now.I have been told I don't look my age,I do not tan;I take great care of myself;and I exercize.

And,I have an healthy,mature outlook on life,which really helps.

And I would like to say this to kids,teens,and people in their 20's,{so please do not take offence to this}:

Being is your 40's is not old! That is an old perceived notion. We might be "older" than you in years,but that's it. Being old is when you give up on life!

My mother is 53 and I think she looks amazing.

Btw, I have to complain about that woman being 'vegetarian' and eating fish: people who eat fish are NOT vegetarians, they are pescatarians.

I don't understand why folks are surprised anyone can look good at 40, lol?!?!?!

It's not as though us 40 year olds are broken down hags or anything!!
rotfl.gif

Originally Posted by HarleyMom /img/forum/go_quote.gif Kim, you look fantastic! I don't know about you but I love being in my 40's (44 to be exact). No, I'm not the flat stomached, flawless skinned girl I was 25 years ago or so, but, with age comes a little wisdom and if you are happy with who you are and where you are in life I believe it shows on the outside, I kinda like my gray hairs and little wrinkles and I especially love to look at my husband and see how he has changed over the years, we have been together since I was 20 and I think he is more sexy looking now then ever. I just think that is such a cool sentiment.

Originally Posted by Jinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't understand why folks are surprised anyone can look good at 40, lol?!?!?!It's not as though us 40 year olds are broken down hags or anything!!
rotfl.gif

ITA!!!
rockwoot.gif

Back