L'Oreal Microdermabrasion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just love makeuptalk.com! How on earth did you know I have been looking for a new facial cleanser, Candy?!! I'm going to have to try the Neutrogena daily renewal facial wash. I've tried Olay & just about everyone else & just don't feel any of them get my skin clean. I liked L'Oreal's Pure Zone facial wash but I had bought the one with the scrub beads in it, which you can't use around the eyes. That product is a little too harsh overall. Cetaphil doesn't get makeup off, although I still buy it for my daughter because her skin is so sensitive & she's only 8, it's not like she's got makeup to take off, LOL.

I just read in Allure that they voted the facial peel as a "breakthrough product"...there hasn't been anything said about the L'Oreal microdermabrasion at all in the magazines I've read.

Thanks so much for letting me know about the Neutrogena cleanser!
smile.gif

Hi Rowantree,

I totally love MuT too!
icon_biggrin.gif
The only thing i would say about the Neutrogena is it will be a little to strong for the eye area. I am wondering what skin type you have?

Well it's oily but sometimes my cheeks/sides of face get dry. So I guess you'd say combo. When I was younger I always believed that when I got older, my face wouldn't be oily any longer. HAH!
tongue.gif
Now I have an oily nose & chin, drier cheeks & wrinkled undereyes. So it's been quite a fight, but at least there's a new product launching at least once a month to help me fight it!

Originally Posted by rowantree Well it's oily but sometimes my cheeks/sides of face get dry. So I guess you'd say combo. When I was younger I always believed that when I got older, my face wouldn't be oily any longer. HAH!
tongue.gif
Now I have an oily nose & chin, drier cheeks & wrinkled undereyes. So it's been quite a fight, but at least there's a new product launching at least once a month to help me fight it! ((((((((Rowan)))))))) Hey girl, LOL I used to think the same thing about not having oily skin when I got older, did that ever turn out to be false. My oily problem areas are my forehead, nose and chin, of course it's worse in the summer. I've been using the TruBlend foundation by Covergirl for a while now and it seems to help with oil control, I also use Almay Luxury Finish translucent loose powder. Did you decide on the Peel or Microdermabrasion? I started using the Neutragena Advanced Solutions facial peel and I like it a lot. Little bit of a stinging sensation at first but it's not too bad, I'm happy with the results. You are younger than I am so you could probably get away with something a little gentler. Wish I could send you a little bit out of my jar so you could try it before buying it, I think it's around $20 for a 1.7oz jar.

Hiya! I just read in Allure that the reader's choice for foundation is Cover Girl's TruBlend! I've been using Revlon's Colorstay Natural, which I really like except if you don't wash it off at night, it's breakout city. I decided on the peel, although I haven't gone to get it because $ has been so tight. We just moved into a house which I have dubbed "the money pit". I am going to go get RoC's age defining? moisturizer today, it's supposed to do all these wonderful miracle things to your face. I'm depressed so maybe I'll get the peel at the same time.
icon_twisted.gif

Hi Rowantree,

I was thinking that Neutrogena daily facial renewal wash might be a little to harsh for your skin,as its not to be used around the eye area.

Mabe Roc might be the formula for you. Perhaps you could email the skincare company's and ask them for a free sample to see if it agree's with your skin. I hope you find the right product, i know how frustrating it can be.The only other range i could recomend is Oil of Olay (formery Oil of Ulay).

Hope you'e feeling better today
icon_smile.gif
xXx

Thanks, Candy. I feel better today. I bought Dove's cleansing wash yesterday. I've only used it once & it's ok, it did the job, it's a little thick though. I bought the RoC's age defining moisturizer and I've used that twice and so far I am really impressed with it. It is very light, soaks into your skin very quickly & is completely non-greasy. And maybe it was just me, but I swore my skin looked better this am than it did last night. So we'll see! Still want to try the facial peel....

That's great Rownatree!
icon_biggrin.gif
and im gald you are feeling better today
icon_cheesygrin.gif

What facial peel was it you wanted to try? There are different kinds i think, There are the ones you just put a mask on a nd peel of or is the the more expensive one's like the Green Peel that has acid in it that only a Dr can do.

There is also the Gycholic acid stuff too.

Thanks Candy,

I want to try the Neutrogena facial peel, although if there's something out there on the market that is around the same price range but stronger...I need all the help I can get!
wink.gif

Would you believe that I actually tried Elmer's glue once? lol But ya know what... It actually worked pretty well! Spread on... peel off... (It also satisfies that childhood obsession of putting glue on your fingers only to peel away!) lol

Hi Rowantree,

I was just wondering how you are getting on with the ROC. My friend in her 40's uses Roc and another in her 50's (honestly) and i have been hearing good reports about it. There is a programme here called 'Beautification' which features Ruby and Millie (they are both make up artisits)

and they has a group of women fo all different ages testing Rocs protient lift. It was tested along with Dr Perricone's product and another make (i cant remember the name) anyway Roc was the most prefered product and worked better than Dr Perricone's face firmer which is priced at £110/$110.

I have a nasty spot on my jawline at the moment
icon_sad.gif
(i have very hormonal skin) but i have been applying t'tree oil on it. Have you any suggestions for me? Hope all is well.

Candyx

Hi Candy!

I'm liking the RoC so far. It's the age defying lotion. I have noticed the pores on my nose seem a little smaller, I don't notice as many blackheads, and some of my brown spots look a little lighter. Now it does seem to make my undereye area a little puffy in the morning, which my Olay Total Effects did not do, but I want to stick with the RoC and give it a few more weeks before not applying it to the undereye area & going back to the Olay for that. All in all, I think the RoC is a good product so far but I still want the Neutrogena facial peel. LOL let's face it, I want it ALL.

As for those awful hormonal spots, I get those too from time to time. Mostly when I don't wash my makeup off at night
eek.gif
I use Oxy to zap them, do the stores by you carry that? It's really cheap ($5.00) and works super great. All in all, prevention is the best thing. I also use St. Ives facial scrub, the medicated one with salycic (horrible spelling there) acid. I recommend that over Neutrogena's Blackhead Busting Scrub. In my opinion, Neutrogena's scrub should be scrubbed.

Good luck to you & hope you're having a great day!

Kelly

I love ROC too. I use the ROC Actif Pur Night treatment and it does wonders. I wake up with a perfectly even skin tone in the morning. It also seems to calm any breakouts that I might have got during the day and definitely hasn't made me breakout. I'm on my 2nd tube.

Thanks for letting me know about the Actif Pur Night treatment, I'm going to have to check that out. I finally bought the Neutrogena facial peel, mostly because Harleymom said she had good results with it. I used it yesterday morning & followed directions. I didn't see or feel any difference in my skin. So last night before bed I used it again and even left it on longer (by accident). This morning my skin feels a little softer and smoother but that's about it. I don't see a difference. I know it's a low concentration so results may take longer. It's unfair of me, but I can't help comparing it with Epidermix and wishing I would have taken that $22 and saved it towards buying the Epidermix instead. On the up side, I am still loving the RoC, what a great product!

Originally Posted by rowantree Thanks for letting me know about the Actif Pur Night treatment, I'm going to have to check that out. I finally bought the Neutrogena facial peel, mostly because Harleymom said she had good results with it. I used it yesterday morning & followed directions. I didn't see or feel any difference in my skin. So last night before bed I used it again and even left it on longer (by accident). This morning my skin feels a little softer and smoother but that's about it. I don't see a difference. I know it's a low concentration so results may take longer. It's unfair of me, but I can't help comparing it with Epidermix and wishing I would have taken that $22 and saved it towards buying the Epidermix instead. On the up side, I am still loving the RoC, what a great product! Hey Rowan, sorry you aren't getting better results with the Neutrogena, the first time I used it it made my skin feel quite a bit smoother and left me with a nice glow. I'm still using it twice a week and getting OK results, but it seems like after a while it kind of loses its strength. I am also using the ROC deep wrinkle lotion twice a day too so maybe it's the combination of the 2 together, my skin does look better. Sorry again, I still need to try the Epidermix, sounds like it really does a good job.

I'm not saying this to be negative, but I think a jar of Epidermix wouldn't last me a month. Only because you see results immediately and the smooth, slick feeling of your skin is so incredibly addictive. I'm a stay at home mom, we just bought a house 2 months ago, so I can't justify spending that much $ on myself right now. I've been trying to sell this antique stove that the previous owners left...it's possible I have a buyer & if that deal goes through, I am definitely setting aside some Epidermix money for me! I just love the way it makes my skin look and feel!!!
smile.gif

I dunno - dermatologists that I've talked to still tell me that using your fingers or a machine that spins to apply a cream w/ crystals will cause microscopic tears on your skin... you could get some pretty bad reactions - because you are pulling these hard minerals against your skin unevenly. A doctor reccomended the one I use... so I seem to feel a bit safer with that. My skin is very wierd, combination dry/oily, prone to breakouts, and when I used one by hand, i ended up with red spots for days - the dr. said that I was cutting my skin by dragging the crystals - ouch! But I only use the one I have about once a week - seems to work better for me that way.

the machine that comes w/ the stuff I use doesn't spin... it vibrates... and you barely touch it to your skin - it's only to vibrate the crystals against it. i'm sure any kind of dermabrasion will work - but you just have to be careful that you dont' do damage to your skin in the process... and usually the damage that you can do w/ dermabrasion is usually invisible to the eye - at first anyway. My kit is for acne prone skin - so it also comes with a decongestive cleanser, toner and salicylic acid treatment gel for breakouts... the microdermabrasion cream has : corundum crystals, water, safflower seed oil, wheat germ oil, chamomile flower extract, coneflower extract, golden seal extract, etc... and it has really helped my skin a lot. - It's very smooth, breakout free - and has taken away a lot of a small scar I have by my nose (little smaller than the size of a pencil eraser) from a freckle/mole that was frozen off when I was a newborn (apparently I was born w/ long nails & cut myself - and it bled uncontrolably, so they had to remove it) But I've had great results.

Latest posts

Back