L'Oreal Test Panel - Who's Getting What, and How Is It?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by amandak88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just took the skincare survey and did not qualify as well. I listed my facial moisturizer as "other" and I was rejected. Do they normally only want people who use L'Oreal products?
Not L'Oreal, but it has to be whatever product they're doing the study for.  When I did the case study for mascara, it was a chatroom format where we had to discuss our likes and dislikes about They're Real by Benefit.  Shortly after L'Oreal came out with a mascara who's wand looks a lot like They're Real.

Tgoob, I also got booted out when I listed my serum as "neutrogena".  I use a different moisturizer, and maybe should have named that brand instead.  Oh well, that's probably the furthest I've gotten in any of their surveys.  I usually get kicked out when they ask what I use on my face- (moisturizer, mascara, etc.)

It sounds like they're looking for someone who uses the moisturizer that's comparable to the formulation they are developing.

I told them I was seeing a dermatologist and I got booted.  Fair, though.  I don't want to compromise/interrupt this treatment anyway.

Just got a welcome email!

How do you know if you qualify while taking a survey? I took the available surveys, and they just ended and said thank you for your time, or something similar.

I have qualified for only one of these studies with Loreal, and it was awesome.  I got a 50 dollar gift card for participating.  LOVE it!  Most of the time I do not qualify, but it is still cool to try! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by fireflyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got a welcome email!

How do you know if you qualify while taking a survey? I took the available surveys, and they just ended and said thank you for your time, or something similar.
I think that first batch of surveys after the welcome email are just general.  After those 5 or so, you'll get ones linked to certain studies and they'll stop you after a page and tell you that you aren't what they are looking for in that study if you answer something a certain way.

I signed up fairly recently and got 2 study-related ones after the general welcome pack of surveys.  One was about hair color, and since I'm not interested in dying my hair, I believe that's why I wasn't qualified, and then there was a new one today for skin care and I wasn't qualified due to what I presume is currently seeing a dermatologist.  You'll see what I mean as the individual ones pop up.

Just completed the 24-Hour Eye Liner survey. The product wasn't horrible but it definitely didn't compare to UD or Stila liners. I experienced fading & "makeup meltdown". I'm just glad I didn't have a reaction :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I did pre-qualify for the skin survey today.  It's the first one I've qualified for, I usually only get two or three questions in and am booted out.  This looks promising!  I think I've completed at least 6 surveys and hadn't heard about the thank you gift for simply taking the time to fill out the surveys even if we're not the target demographic they're looking for until I read that here.  I hope they're looking for whatever it is that I have for this study, I think it could be fun to honestly try out products and have a small say in what I really liked or disliked about them and hopefully make a difference on new products coming out.  It's a neat program.

I've been on the testing panel for years and have been chosen for a few home studies.  I only remember a few; one for the facial primer, a few for mascara, one for haircare, and one for skincare.  My 2 favs were testing the Loreal Eversleek line before it came out (They sent a full size bottle of the shampoo and conditioner to test! The conditioner is now one of my HG conditioners), and the most recent was a facial cleanser test using the Clarisonic Mia. They sent 2 full size cleansers and a Clarisonic brush head.  (one cleanser was the Clarisonic cleanser w/the label covered up, and the other is an unlabeled mystery cleanser which I just happen to love now, and I can't figure out what it is! I even emailed them asking what it is and they dont even know! Claimed the lab doesn't tell them what people are testing.)

Thank you products have included Essie nail treatments, Kiehl's boy lotion, various Loreal products. It's worth it, but it also makes sense to be honest w/your answers and your profile so you dont get something that may harm you during testing.

Hi ladies, I've been reading messages forever but rarely post! I live in NJ and am actually going to Clark for a mascara test in September. I'm not sure what brand, but I will let you all know!

Anyone know what to answer when it asks if you use a dermatologist?

I don't but I'm not sure if thats the "right" answer.... :/

Originally Posted by Leslie Wetzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone know what to answer when it asks if you use a dermatologist?

I don't but I'm not sure if thats the "right" answer.... :/
The "right" answer is always the truth.

So if you aren't seeing a dermatologist, say so.

I imagine they ask if anyone sees a dermatologist because they're using us as guinea pigs and they're still in the testing phase with products. Same with pregnancies, L'Oreal will ask because people in these categories may be more likely to have an adverse reaction or be at higher risk to do so..possibly? I'm not sure, but regardless, they have certain criteria they're looking for us to meet.. eventually we'll all probably get in a study or two.

Originally Posted by fireflyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are we supposed to receive an email automatically after registering? I tried to sign up about a week ago and haven't heard anytihng at all from them. Not even a welcome email.
Ditto for me! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The "right" answer is always the truth.

So if you aren't seeing a dermatologist, say so.
I agree - you should really be as accurate as possible - these are product tests after all, who knows if here are ingredients in there that might react with prescription medications that would require the care of a dermatologist....

I kept on receiving emails abt that testing panel. I stopped taking the surveys. I took 4 in the past, i always get booted out.

Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It takes a while. You might want to email them - That's what I had to do. 
Me too.  I emailed them and they said they had no record of my application and to please register again.  They answered within a day.

Latest posts

Back