L'Oreal True Match Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello!

Has anyone ever used this? I am a caramel colored woman who usually uses Revlon Colorstay. Most foundations turn red on me, except R. Colorstay... which tends to turn greyish.

Do any African American women here have that problem and how is True Match? Thanks!

Originally Posted by Sleek Hello! Has anyone ever used this? I am a caramel colored woman who usually uses Revlon Colorstay. Most foundations turn red on me, except R. Colorstay... which tends to turn greyish.

Do any African American women here have that problem and how is True Match? Thanks!

Hi sleek,welcome to MUT,Gwendolyn from NY,if you have any questions or need help feel free to pm any of the mods,

i really dont care for the true match foundation,but feel free to check out the review center for other thoughts.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Sleek Hello! Has anyone ever used this? I am a caramel colored woman who usually uses Revlon Colorstay. Most foundations turn red on me, except R. Colorstay... which tends to turn greyish.

Hi Sleek, nice to meet you hon. Welcome to MuT! Sorry i am familiar with true match foundation by Loreal but i do know that Iman has a great range of cosmetic for African American women. My friend uses Mac as it's the only makeup she can get a perfect match with. Good Luck.

Hello and welcome!

I am definitely caramel toned and I like the L'Oreal true match. It amazing matched my funny undertones and has very buildable coverage. I thought it was reasonable for the price. Not ideal if you have oily skin though (mine is on the dryer side so it works for me). I find it a bit heavy for summer though, so I just mix a blob with my moisturizer to make my own tinted moisturizer. It doesn't go orangy or pink on me.

I'm pretty sure I wrote a review on it as well. I use W7. HTH.

Hi and Welcome!

I am AA and my complexion is a honey toffee color. I had used this and have yet to find a 'TRUE MATCH'. I have the liquids and the powders in the following colors.

Soft Sable,Classic Tan,and Nut Brown. I,ve tried blending these and still no success.

One of the things I like about the powders is that when I use my Face Brush and lightly dust my face with them,I get a bronzey/tan look.

I am using MAC also and love it! With this I DO have a foundation that matches my skin tone perfectly.

I hope this helps a little bit.
icon_smile.gif

Sheridan

I'm a level darker then carmel and I did like the true match, however it would irrate my eyes and make them run after awhile. YOu might want to try Dream Matte Mousse by Maybelline. I really like it a lot, it blends very nice and it holds well most of the day.
icon_wink.gif

I didn't like True Match - to me it felt heavy, got really oily, and broke me out.
frown.gif
I hope you find something!!

Welcome Sleek! I've tried True Match (although I'm medium to olive skinned) and it seemed really nice! I like the coverage, and the colors do match well.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

the powder form was pretty light-feeling, but covered medium....the concealer didn't match though (when it says it's suppose to correspond to)...it was too yellow for me..

I have pretty fair skin and I've used true match. At first I loved it, because it covers really well, but over time it made me break out. So if you have very sensitive skin, you probably shouldn't use it. There's also an oily texture to it.

i'm not a big fan of L'Oreal products but they may work for you. Good luck I hope you find something that works!

Latest posts

Back