'm proud of myself...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know this isn't pertaining to makeup....per say (does it count that I do makeup?)....
tongue.gif
LOL......but I have been work hard on my web site and I wanted to share it with everyone. I guess you can say that I am proud of myslef. I think I did pretty good. Not as cool and complex as this board but I think I did pretty good for someone that can't tell you the difference between a gig and a megabyte. hee hee.....
icon_lol.gif

I don't have it totally finished, but I got most of it done. So let me know what you guys think. Oh....also let me know if it is also easy to navagate it too.

Ok....I'm finished.
redface.gif

icon_cool.gif
I'll just chill for now and listne for your feed back.

(can you tell that I like these face things!
biggrin.gif
)

Candace Corey

http://www.candacecorey.com

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Awesome Candace!!! Very nice layout and great info & pics!! Nice job!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Auuugh shucks. Thanks
icon_redface.gif

Candace Corey

Very nice site Candace!! Your work is beautiful!! I think the site is easy to navigate, no problems.
icon_smile.gif

Looks great Candace. The makeup images are truly art! One thing I would remove is the large rollover rightin the beginning.

Originally Posted by candacecorey

I know this isn't pertaining to makeup....per say (does it count that I do makeup?)....
tongue.gif
LOL......but I have been work hard on my web site and I wanted to share it with everyone. I guess you can say that I am proud of myslef. I think I did pretty good. Not as cool and complex as this board but I think I did pretty good for someone that can't tell you the difference between a gig and a megabyte. hee hee.....
icon_lol.gif

I don't have it totally finished, but I got most of it done. So let me know what you guys think. Oh....also let me know if it is also easy to navagate it too.

Ok....I'm finished.
redface.gif

icon_cool.gif
I'll just chill for now and listne for your feed back.

(can you tell that I like these face things!
biggrin.gif
)

Candace Corey

http://www.candacecorey.com

Hi there.. you can ask me anything about web design! I am a professional web designer, and makeup artist, so I can answer lots of stuff for you. I agree with the person above, the large rollover effect on the splash page is a bit too much, keep the design simple and clean, too many effects are dizzying. The animated girls at the top left corner are also a distraction, you can have a different picture on different pages, but no animation. The colors work well, but a bit too dark for a cosmetics page. White or a light pink are more suitable for complimenting skin colors and photos of people. The thumbnails are a good size and they are clear enough that we can see what we are clicking on. Other than that, it's a great site, I love the photos!

Hello fellow artist
tongue.gif

hmmmm....I don't agree with part of that. I got the animated image idea from David LaChapel's site and various top makeup agency sites. Maybe I'll just put it somewhere else. I was going to add a main page instead of it opening into the "beauty" section....maybe I'll put it there..or my bio page. thanks for the input.

The colored pages idea I got from many agency sites too. i have seen pastel blues, deep browns, all kinds of colors....so I thought I would add some color to mine too. I have already done the "white site" thing and the "black site" thing....time for some change. The pink....too girly. That just isn't me. lol

I remember when I first got my site. A photographer created it and had butterflies on it. I almost puked. LOL I said...."what's up with this butterfly stuff? when have I been cutesy and girly" Needless to say he removed it. lol

Candace Corey

Makeup & Hair

www.candacecorey.com

Latest posts

Back