MAC Brush Cleaner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it any good? I'm looking for a good cleaner. At the show I tried this one called "Brush Off" it was sooo cool!!! I used their tester brush & dipped it in blush, eye shadows etc... then you just spay it on... and wipe it w/ a tissue and EVERYTHING comes off!!!
icon_eek.gif
And the bristles don't get wet! Weird!!
icon_eek.gif
I was going to buy some, but they RAN OUT!
icon_evil.gif
He said they were GIVING them away the 2 days before & ran out of them... and ran out of the ones to buy! Grrr

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Is it any good? I'm looking for a good cleaner. At the show I tried this one called "Brush Off" it was sooo cool!!! I used their tester brush & dipped it in blush, eye shadows etc... then you just spay it on... and wipe it w/ a tissue and EVERYTHING comes off!!!
icon_eek.gif
And the bristles don't get wet! Weird!!
icon_eek.gif
I was going to buy some, but they RAN OUT!
icon_evil.gif
He said they were GIVING them away the 2 days before & ran out of them... and ran out of the ones to buy! Grrr hhm i am looking for something ilke that for between my cleanings with my MAC brush cleaner.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 hhm i am looking for something ilke that for between my cleanings with my MAC brush cleaner. Do you like the MAC Cleaner? I was thinking on getting some
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Do you like the MAC Cleaner? I was thinking on getting some
smile.gif
oh yea it's wonderful. but it takes so long for the stupid brushes to dry after cleanings that's why i hate doing it.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 oh yea it's wonderful. but it takes so long for the stupid brushes to dry after cleanings that's why i hate doing it. oooh.... that sucks... if I do them at night, do you think they'd be dry by the morning?
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 oooh.... that sucks... if I do them at night, do you think they'd be dry by the morning?
icon_wink.gif
yes that's generally when i do them. at night.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 yes that's generally when i do them. at night. Gotcha! Thanks hun! Think I might get it and just do it at night then
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Gotcha! Thanks hun! Think I might get it and just do it at night then
wink.gif
I do mine every couple of weeks. i generally wipe excess color off with a tissue after i do my make up.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 I do mine every couple of weeks. i generally wipe excess color off with a tissue after i do my make up. Yeah, that's what I've been doing... I brush em' on a tissue or paper towel... but then there's sometimes I'll do a light shadow and something darker from the day before will show up and mess it up. So I want something to get them cleaned really well every so often. I think I might order the brush off online anyway for inbetween. I couldn't believe how it took Everything off the brush!!!
icon_eek.gif

the mac muas clean their brushes inbewteen clients, so i don't think it's too big/bad of a problem if the brushes are a tad wet from the cleaner.

but i really like the cleaner. sometimes i will wash the brushes with shampoo while running them under the faucet. then iuse the cleanser and it gets stuff out!

I use the cleaner too and I love it. I use a spritzer during the week to clean them if I used some dark colors and then on the weekend, I do a full wash.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Yeah, that's what I've been doing... I brush em' on a tissue or paper towel... but then there's sometimes I'll do a light shadow and something darker from the day before will show up and mess it up. So I want something to get them cleaned really well every so often. I think I might order the brush off online anyway for inbetween. I couldn't believe how it took Everything off the brush!!!
icon_eek.gif
another reason why i have 2 239 brushes one for light shadows and one for darks lol

I swear by PD's Brush-Out Bath. It seems to condition the brushes & leaves them soft while cleaning them. Pricier than MAC, but IMHO, much better.

P37597_hero.jpg

I clean mine once a week with L'Oreal Kids 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner. It gets the clean, keeps them soft and makes them smell of marzipan (I think it's called burst of cherry almond or something). I always do them after I've used them on a sunday morning so they're dry for Monday.

i've heard that baby shampoo can build up on the brushes so i wasn't keen on using baby shampoos on my brushes.

i am very happy with my MAC brush cleanser

That sounds neat Janelle, I might consider getting one. I have been washing my brushes once a week with Johnson's head-to-toe baby wash. Hope it's okay
confused.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Yeah, that's what I've been doing... I brush em' on a tissue or paper towel... but then there's sometimes I'll do a light shadow and something darker from the day before will show up and mess it up. So I want something to get them cleaned really well every so often. I think I might order the brush off online anyway for inbetween. I couldn't believe how it took Everything off the brush!!!
icon_eek.gif

Latest posts

Back