MAC brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well this past weekend I had my first encounter w/ Teh MAC counter LoL. I was playing around and trying out colors and I got to use one of their brushes, and WOW they are so soft and nice. So I was wondering, the brushes are wicked expensive, so I can only afford a couple, but which EYE brushes should I totally have to create great looks?! Thanks guys!

And these are the pro makeup items I got this weekend, I plan to put up my reveiws! These are the first items i have owned that are not bought from Walmart LoL

Tarte "Clean Slate" foundation primer

Urban Decay "Primer Potion" (OMG this stuff rocks)

DuWop "Lip Venom"

MAC e/s in "Amber Lights," "Swimming," "Mulch," "Nylon," "Black Tied," and "Creme De Violet."

Did I make some good choices?! LoL

Wow!! What a great haul!! You definitely chose some terrific MAC shadows! They are all nice and Amber Lights is to die for - such a great color!! Also, it goes without saying that UD PP is awesome!! I dont go a day without that stuff.

I cant really say much about recommending a MAC e/s brush. I only have 4 of them - 217, 224, 242, 252. They are quite nice though. I use the 242 daily for basic e/s application and the 217 and 224 are great for blending. The 219 is on my list of things to get SOON. I've heard great things about that one.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by PinkRibbons Well this past weekend I had my first encounter w/ Teh MAC counter LoL. I was playing around and trying out colors and I got to use one of their brushes, and WOW they are so soft and nice. So I was wondering, the brushes are wicked expensive, so I can only afford a couple, but which EYE brushes should I totally have to create great looks?! Thanks guys!
And these are the pro makeup items I got this weekend, I plan to put up my reveiws! These are the first items i have owned that are not bought from Walmart LoL

DuWop "Lip Venom"

MAC e/s in "Amber Lights," "Swimming," "Mulch," "Nylon," "Black Tied," and "Creme De Violet."

nice haul there!

there are a few eye brushes that i like.

the main ones are:

With regard to the e/s brushes...what is each brush specifically for? There are so many to choose from.

Nice haul PinkRibbons!!!
smile.gif
As far as brushes, I use ones from a craft store... don't have any MAC ones..
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by PinkRibbons Well this past weekend I had my first encounter w/ Teh MAC counter LoL. I was playing around and trying out colors and I got to use one of their brushes, and WOW they are so soft and nice. So I was wondering, the brushes are wicked expensive, so I can only afford a couple, but which EYE brushes should I totally have to create great looks?! Thanks guys!

DuWop "Lip Venom"

Nice haul! You are right about UDPP, it rocks!
As far as MAC brushes go, I have the following:

208 Angled brush

M45J_128.jpg

224 Tapered blending brush

M87N_128.jpg

249 Large shader

M86Y_128.jpg

I also have some that I bought from Trisha. I must say, using quality brushes make all the difference. By quality, I dont mean pricey.

Originally Posted by Sofia With regard to the e/s brushes...what is each brush specifically for? There are so many to choose from. for the ones i mentioned:
213 - sweeps shadow on the lid

217 - blending brush and use on the outer v/crease mostly

224 - blending brush. use it to blend the colors together

242 - sometimes the color doesn't come up right, so you have to pack it on. this is a good brush for that. i usually do that on the inner lid

266 - angled brush for lining the eyes. i use eye shadows as liners sometimes, so this works great.

my fave mac eye brushes are 231 and 239 i love them 231 is good for pigments and for use in small spaces on your eye.

239 can be used for everything applying the crease highlighting and blending.

from what i heard MAC is going to have a brush set comming out so if you are going to get brushes u should wait for the set it gives you a nice starter set to get your feet wet.

Originally Posted by Elise
icon_redface.gif
I bought this brush in an artist supply store yesterday, it's made of black sable hair:
pg0040-p002.jpg

mine is smaller than it looks on the pic though, what would it be best used for? blending? sweeping shadow on the lid? thanks

I think this would be good for packing color onto the lid (inner & center) it doesn't really look that big, so it might make color too bold if you would use it for the crease - doesn't look like a crease/blender brush, so maybe good for patting on lid color?
redface.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha These are absolute essentials in my opinion

M87L_128.jpg
217 Blending and browbone colour application

M87X_128.jpg
219 Creating smudgey lines and lining lower lashline

M87Y_128.jpg
239 an absolute must for packing on lots of colour on the lid!

M878_128.jpg
311, technically lip brush but my fave for lining the eyes!! x

oh yea trisha the 311 is wonderful for lining eyes i use my brush all the time

Thanks for clearing that up ladies. Maybe I will wait for the starter set from MAC and then go from there.

Originally Posted by Trisha These are absolute essentials in my opinion

M87L_128.jpg
217 Blending and browbone colour application

M87X_128.jpg
219 Creating smudgey lines and lining lower lashline

M87Y_128.jpg
239 an absolute must for packing on lots of colour on the lid!

M878_128.jpg
311, technically lip brush but my fave for lining the eyes!! x

I don't have the 311 but i totally agree with the other 3 - i love them!

DuWop "Lip Venom"

We did get awesome stuff.....I'm so ordering the UD primer potion friday

Originally Posted by Sofia Thanks for clearing that up ladies. Maybe I will wait for the starter set from MAC and then go from there. yeah, they're a good deal for what you get. a set is like the price of one brush. lol

Originally Posted by Anya1976 from what i heard MAC is going to have a brush set comming out so if you are going to get brushes u should wait for the set it gives you a nice starter set to get your feet wet. LOL
I was looking at MAC brushes today and thinking " MAC should come out with a brush starter kit"

awesome

thanks for the info

Originally Posted by kissesarecandy0 LOL
I was looking at MAC brushes today and thinking " MAC should come out with a brush starter kit"

awesome

thanks for the info

i bought the holiday "Gem" set b4 christmas it came with 6 brushes and a case.if you don't want to wait i am sure you could find some on Ebay but look for a whole set

for the ones with the case it cost like 45 dollars and for the ones without the case those were 35 dollars (just an fyi on what they could cost)

since then i have bought

10 other MAC brushes

Latest posts

Back