MAC Cosmetics update

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some info from Son_risa (LJ user)

However, yes Mineralized skinfinishes are coming back. They launch on July 21st with Rebel Rock. Porcelian Pink, Gold Deposit and Shimpagne will be making another appearance along with 3 new colors: Stereo Rose (seen above) - which is somewhat like a muted version of pink bronze IMO, Metal Rock - which is SUPER dark and will be sooooooo pretty on you darker skinned ladies. Seriously, it's a deep chocolate brown with flecks of gold, and New Vegas - which a light gold. All of these will be released with the 187 brush which will now be permanent in all locations - as of now it's a MAC store exclusive.

Lustrevision. It is indeed being released here in the US. On August 4th. Along with new, permanent PRO longwear lustre lipcolors. They're much more sheer than the normal pro longwear shades.

The "big"/main collection for fall is NOT Rebel Rock. It contains more muted shades and will be out August 25th. It has 2 quads, 5 lipsticks, 4 lipglasses, and 2 new blushcremes.

Paints. There's new paints. All in neutral shades. Magrittes and Stillife will be repromoted with the 6 new shades. And there's a gold one that is everything Hot and Sour wasn't. It's not bright yellow gold, but a true gold.

Veluxe Pearl eyeshadows. There's 12 new ones coming in late September. All are permanent. Most are duochromes. They're being released with Glitter liners. SO those of you who didn't get Peacocky - you have another chance! Glamourgold, Suacepot, Spunsilver, Pinkphonic, and Mercuric will join it. The liners are LE.

Cremestick liners. What I'm wearing above ^. They're waterproof and feather resistant. 12 new, permanent shades in a conveniant self sharpening tube. They glide right on and are NOTHING like the horrible old liners (frazzle dazzle and those ones).

Whoo hoo for Veluxe Pearls & Lustrevision!
23_30_104.gif

Sure thing! I was excited to read this so I thought I would share it with you.

Originally Posted by Msfashionguru Oh my credit card...Are skinfinishes all that great? and what exactly do they do? It sucks that she did not post swatches this time around. Im thankful for the info though
smile.gif
According to Son_risa:Mineralized skinfinishes are handbaked for 3 days in Italy and contain 77 minerals so when they're on your skin, you look like you have an almost natural glow. You can use them anywhere, but most people use them as blush or a highlight. However, I should mention that Stereo Rose is NOT safe to use on the eyes as the others are . . .

Oh jesus christ!!!!! MAC is RUINING me! lol!

I really should get a job there so I can get an employee discount! LOL!

I'm excited about the veluxe pearls and the quads.

not so excited about the lustrevision collection since i don't like the lustre teture.

gotta check out the skinshimmer things and the liners. i never saw the glitter liners. i don't think i'm that interested in them since they're not really my thing. we'll see though.

Originally Posted by Msfashionguru Are these the same that were the Asia Exclusives? If so, ick! yup!! i think i liked the color of one or 2, but i hate the texture, so i wouldn't use it.
i'm debating on whether i should get stuff because they're LE or because i will USE them?????

Originally Posted by Liz i'm debating on whether i should get stuff because they're LE or because i will USE them????? Get them cause they are LE and sell them on Ebay 6 months down the road. Then you wont need to get a J-O-B!

Originally Posted by Marisol Get them cause they are LE and sell them on Ebay 6 months down the road. Then you wont need to get a J-O-B! lol. i was gonna do that with a beau quad. i got 2 of them, one to sell. but it wasn't a big hit it seems. so i ended up returning it
icon_redface.gif

Thanx for posting Marisol.

At least the VP e/s will be permanent!!

Woo Hoo!!! Love new stuff!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
And being a lot of things have stopped being for sale before I got into MAC, I'm happy that I'll finally have a chance to try some stuff!!
smile.gif
Are the skinfinishes powders or creams? And lustrevision??
icon_wink.gif

DO you ladies relize what we could buy with money we have spent on mac?prob a whole darn wardobe,lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks for the info Marisol,i am interested in the skin stuff,i love anything that will look like a natural glow!!!

*yay* I´ve been wanting to get one of the Skinfinishes.

and I was so mad at myself for not getting more than one glitter eyeliner (I got Post Punk-purple). I want the bright green one so bad!!!!

thanks Marisol, this made my day
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I can't wait for all the new things, I love it when they bring new thing's out, shame my credit card doesn't though hehe :icon_love

what exactly are the mineralized skinfinishes? what are they used for powder, blush, bronzer?

Yes... I knew they had an update since a bunch of MAC girls came to Benefit to say hi. They told me I was going to flip over Rebel Rock. Their makeup was so bright and neon, I wasn't sure if those were even MAC colors, but they told me they mixed a bunch of stuff together.. or maybe it's the new Fall collection! hahaha
icon_razz.gif

Marisol! what can i say....but Your the Best simple is that....GO MAC
claps.gif
Thanks for sharing Marisol

Latest posts

Back