MAC eye shadow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have to admit to all of you that I've never tried MAC products. You've all piqued my curiosity about the eye shadows, but I'm literally terrified that if I try any it will just become another addiction. However, if I do choose to start, what's a good first-time-MAC-user color combo? (I have light skin, medium blonde hair, and green-gray eyes - there's a small pic of me on my profile.)

Hiya Spazbaby, I don’t think I've said hi to you yet so HIYA & welcome
biggrin.gif

I think I nice combo starting off would be some neutrals like MAC Shroom paired with MAC Honey Lust or Satin Taupe.. I think those colours would look great with your colouring. Would you prefer brighter colours though?

Originally Posted by spazbaby I have to admit to all of you that I've never tried MAC products. You've all piqued my curiosity about the eye shadows, but I'm literally terrified that if I try any it will just become another addiction. However, if I do choose to start, what's a good first-time-MAC-user color combo? (I have light skin, medium blonde hair, and green-gray eyes - there's a small pic of me on my profile.) Ohhhh boy... it IS very addicting! I hadn't treid it until a few months ago after seeing how good everyone e/s looked in their FOTD pictures.. it's GREAT! I'm used to wearing mostly browns/naturals - so my first e/s were Retrospeck and Bronze. Simple to get your feet wet with, but so pretty together!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Here are the swatches from my notpad pics...

I agree with Janelle too.. I love Retropspeck but i dont have bronze yet!

Originally Posted by Laura I agree with Janelle too.. I love Retropspeck but i dont have bronze yet! It's niiiiiiice
wink.gif

To start I'd probably buy a neutral combo and a brighter combo, then I'd buy all the rest. (combo meaning 2-3 shades) I really like color suggestions b/c I hate seeing people who think their makeup looks great when it really doesn't. It's always good to have somebody else's opinion!

Just a tip: You should flick through the FOTD threads coz they're are some pretty fab pics in there with lots of MAC combo's! And pics are better than trying to describe the shades
biggrin.gif

I knew this would happen! I just checked out the colors you're both suggesting and I love them ALL. AAACK! Retrospeck does look drool-worthy...

I should never have looked at Trisha's notepad...she's amazingly talented. I just don't have the skill to do eyes like that.

That always happens.. Girl it wont be long til you'll be buying them all! Its an addiction
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by spazbaby I'm thinking Retrospeck & Sable and Jest & Greensmoke And also ... Jest goes well with Sable!! the second time I went to MAC, thats the pair I got from the SA's suggestion... and they go great together!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

What colors do you normally wear? The girls here have made tons of good suggestions. Liz's notepad also has tons of neutral MAC looks. Definately worth a look!

Originally Posted by Marisol What colors do you normally wear? The girls here have made tons of good suggestions. Liz's notepad also has tons of neutral MAC looks. Definately worth a look! Thanks Marisol, I'll check out that notepad. I normally wear rose/pink (like Clinique's Strawberry Fudge duo) or lilac/plum shades, greens on occasion. I'm currently in need of some neutrals, and I'm always will to try new & more daring shades.

Originally Posted by spazbaby Thanks Marisol, I'll check out that notepad. I normally wear rose/pink (like Clinique's Strawberry Fudge duo) or lilac/plum shades, greens on occasion. I'm currently in need of some neutrals, and I'm always will to try new & more daring shades. If you like pinks & lilacs, check out the new Beau palette. Its a Nordstroms exclusive and I love it. Several girls here have gotten it and have been pleased with it. The colors aren't too bright and its sort of a neutral palette.
155246.jpg

Well as far as neutrals go, I bought a set of shadows at the suggestion of a MAC MA when I first discovered MAC (recently). She put bronze, patina, and retrospeck together for me and its awsome! After wearing those for a little while, I decided to add Embark to the trio and that made it just a bit more dramatic. Its a great set of colors!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by spazbaby Thanks Marisol, I'll check out that notepad. I normally wear rose/pink (like Clinique's Strawberry Fudge duo) or lilac/plum shades, greens on occasion. I'm currently in need of some neutrals, and I'm always will to try new & more daring shades.

Originally Posted by Marisol If you like pinks & lilacs, check out the new Beau palette. Its a Nordstroms exclusive and I love it. Several girls here have gotten it and have been pleased with it. The colors aren't too bright and its sort of a neutral palette.
155246.jpg

Looks like a lovely palette! I'll have to consider that!

Originally Posted by Marisol If you like pinks & lilacs, check out the new Beau palette. Its a Nordstroms exclusive and I love it. Several girls here have gotten it and have been pleased with it. The colors aren't too bright and its sort of a neutral palette.
155246.jpg

What are the names of the light & dark purple ones? They're pretty!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Well as far as neutrals go, I bought a set of shadows at the suggestion of a MAC MA when I first discovered MAC (recently). She put bronze, patina, and retrospeck together for me and its awsome! After wearing those for a little while, I decided to add Embark to the trio and that made it just a bit more dramatic. Its a great set of colors!
wink.gif
Oooooooooooooooooooo I'm liking Embark...

Latest posts

Back